onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, jeffers said:

When we missed chance after chance in the first half it was inevitable that they score with their one effort on goal. They just shut up shop and we didn’t have the guile to do anything about it. 

That sums it up in a nutshell, at the beginning of the game I complained about the lack of creativity and unfortunately it showed, nobody to unlock what I thought was an average defence also it was a tough ask for the two young lads up top to make any headway.

Still two consolations, Carl, RS's go to pundit is happy and Rampant Zebra will sleep well tonight.

23 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I'm going to avoid this forum after a defeat in future. Usual absolute tripe being spouted. We hammered them first half. They took their 1 chance in the second, gifted to them by an avalanche of errors, then offered bugger all else. We huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down. Our clear lack of confidence didn't help, particularly when our 'fans' started booing and yelling at our defence to 'get it forward' , when there was clearly nothing on. What happened? Panicked lump forward then which came straight back. I swear we have some of the thickest fans in the country

Certainly agree with the analysis of the game.

How we weren't winning that at halftime is anyones guess.

They regrouped at HT and were vile to play against second half.

Think they've done well away from home and you can see why they've picked points up.

from the last few games i’ve seen, we need a defender who controls that back line. Smith is still quite inexperienced and naive to be honest and isn’t that vocal and martin is good on the ball but again not that vocal. i felt our leader at the back was legge and it showed in the start of clarke’s reign in the turn of the results and clean sheets but we move on from legge and should have a replacement for that central role who controls the back 3 if we continue to play this formation or do we go back to a 433 and try that out? 

4 minutes ago, connor hackett said:
27 minutes ago, philmpv said:
I'm going to avoid this forum after a defeat in future. Usual absolute tripe being spouted. We hammered them first half. They took their 1 chance in the second, gifted to them by an avalanche of errors, then offered bugger all else. We huffed and puffed but couldn't break them down. Our clear lack of confidence didn't help, particularly when our 'fans' started booing and yelling at our defence to 'get it forward' , when there was clearly nothing on. What happened? Panicked lump forward then which came straight back. I swear we have some of the thickest fans in the country

Well said Phil, booing and moaning at players doesn't help at all. Moronic.

I don't think correctly criticising a 4th defeat in a row on an online forum is going to do anything, tbh. The players should consider playing better.

OK that was daylight robbery thought we did enough first half for the game be won even second half after there stupid goal (offside I think he was way off ).

Few penalty shouts on another day you get them .

Thought we deserved better .

Always with me performance is first if we go in  Port Vale 4 Salford 0 at half time like quite frankly it should have being as  we played some tremendous stuff then the scoreline quite rightly different but not to be but moving forwards better than giving opposition shot after shot so apart from scoreline generally pleased with the performance not that the performance will help us get in play off but somewhere along the line we going absolutely thrashsomeone .

UTV 

Just now, valiantastic said:

from the last few games i’ve seen, we need a defender who controls that back line. Smith is still quite inexperienced and naive to be honest and isn’t that vocal and martin is good on the ball but again not that vocal. i felt our leader at the back was legge and it showed in the start of clarke’s reign in the turn of the results and clean sheets but we move on from legge and should have a replacement for that central role who controls the back 3 if we continue to play this formation or do we go back to a 433 and try that out? 

Nathan Smith is 25 and has 355 games under his belt. He is the most technically inept footballer I've ever seen. He's a good scrapper, but has played every game in a defence which has kept 1 clean sheet in 13. I feel nauseous when he gets the ball. Genuinely think Reg had better vision. 

21 minutes ago, Beech said:

Wouldn't be surprised if we beat Orient, such is League Two football. But it would make this loss especially all the more frustrating, missing out on what should have been 3 comfortable points.

The sooner we have a settled side again and don't have three or four changes every game, the better.

Yes but everyone was calling for changes after Saturday 

Is Dan Jones suspension now over? Hopefully it's the case as I think you can pinpoint when Hall went off we lost that ball player in the backline which made us look decisively poorer there, especially as Martin is certainly not of that description.

I thought the two new signings Hall and Hussey came out with credit tonight. Hall must have the worlds hardest head to collide with the goalpost like that and he came off the better of the two. How he's not got a concussion from that I don't know. Hussey was delivering some nice balls into the box, shame is the man we have best placed to capitalise on that is out for another month or so.

15 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Proper Vale, this. Some early season excitement, crumbling before us on a cold Tuesday night at a silent Vale Park, the fans' hope dissipating with every 5 yard square pass from Nathan Smith. Port Vale. Yeah!

Thought Smithy had a good game myself. Sponsors MOTM. 

Well just thawing out with a brew in front of the fire. Read a few posts but not all. 

What I'll add has pretty much been said but this is no blip. Since that fateful moment Wilson hobbled off at 1-0 v Bradford,  we have won 2 and lost 5 of the following 7 league games. Including somehow Oldham and Salford two absolutely shocking teams. 

What I found out this evening was 

Stone is no deputy for Covolan his kicking is atrocious. 

Smith and Martin gave a second half Keystones cops masterclass, unbelievably bad control and lack of passing ability. 

The two young lads are willing workhorses but we are asking/expecting far too much of two rookies.

Hussey for me so far isn't even an upgrade on Benning never mind Gibbo. 

Again ponderous and no oomph. Sadly the misses came back to haunt us. 

I always like to think I'm as balanced as possible but a fixture list upcoming Including away at Orient Salford and Tranmere with FGR and Northampton at home makes me shudder. 

Basically Injuries have crippled our season and now add Hall and Conlon to the list .

An awful few days . 

We had enough chances to win 3 games playing bang average. How Garrity hasn’t scored at least 2 tonight I have no idea but if don’t take chances always going to be suspect to a <ovf censored>, schoolboy goal. <ovf censored> me what a poor kick from Stone but oh my good what the hell was Walker thinking with his kick to give the corner away. Rush of blood.

Salford looked poor L2 team there for the taking which makes it frustrating but you have to give them credit for the way they defended the penalty area. Certainly threw bodies on the line.

Vale fans though, man take a long look at yourselves, booing the team with 20 mins to go. What is all that about?

Players need support going through a difficult time not just when things go winning.

Team must go better and raise its game.Fans MUST do too if we want success.

Just now, toyahw said:

Thought Smithy had a good game myself. Sponsors MOTM. 

Thought his inability to do anything with the ball was criminal. It's painful. He just hasn't progressed at all. A good battler but the ball needs to be kept well away from his feet. 

Archived