onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Advert

16 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Not sure it has to be 352 again, for me Worrall and Amoo either side of Harratt and lets start on the front foot instead of sitting back.

Forgot about Amoo to be honest. I’d go 433 then like you, can’t see DC doing that though if he didn’t when we had politic. 

9 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I understand the calls to drop Wilson since he was so ineffective, but he’s never going to get match fit again if we don’t play him. Has to play for me.

I’d prefer to get him fit by bringing him on if we’re in a comfortable position. Just looks way off it to me. I’d look to bring him on at 60 mins if all going to plan tonight 

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Just been thinking that years ago there used be one sub on the bench with the manager and that was it this playing see what the opposition are like first half then having make substitutions second half to change it round is a bit concerning as by the time you make the subs the games already lost at times and also you asking why ain't you starting the game with the second half formation as every passing minute when behind in a game you are one mistake from being in a terrible situation come first half end .

Last time we played well was in the league Bristol Rovers away we were  superb in that first half with Conlon and Gibbons and Garrity starring .

Tonight we need to show character from the off if there's a ball be won win it ,if there's a incoming shot from the opposition block it (the amount of times I see a shot fly in with no real determination block it from our middle centre half is  shocking for league 2 level that's one area where we are sadly lacking but he is a fans favourite and fights with the opposition however he may win the ball in the air from goal kicks from opposition funny how he never wins anything from our set piece situations and when he does its once in a blue moon but still after 4 managers and all of them getting fired he remains a favourite of the manager but he certainly ain't mine   needs be replaced by someone better in both boxes who blocks incoming shots not because he isn't a warrior because he is at times not that will sit well with people on this site but  come on we need better than him if we want to progress and still be challenging come season end ).

Lets see who wants it tonight the players owe the fans a big performance are they capable I'd say YES and in 7 hrs time we will find out 

UTV 

You say the last time we played well was against Bristol Rovers. Well since then we played Newport away with no available  forwards in the side and were winning until the 70th minute . Since then we have only played Brentford who we did play well against and Swindon where we didn't, so not sure what your point is.

32 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not saying it couldn’t happen but if Garrity is fit I’d be amazed if he was dropped if we play the current formation.  Even if we change formation I’d still be surprised, unless the manager simply wants to give Walker a run out.

Agree mate. Midfield of Conlon, pett and Walker is is a static and slow as it gets. 

I think Wilson is nailed on to start. He’s played him in both games he’s been available so he’s not going to bench him now. I think it’ll be the same team apart from the mad Brazilian. We need a reaction and need all three points for sure. These will be a good side with some quality in their team who can hurt us if we start slow as we normally do. 

1 hour ago, mbycars said:

You say the last time we played well was against Bristol Rovers. Well since then we played Newport away with no available  forwards in the side and were winning until the 70th minute . Since then we have only played Brentford who we did play well against and Swindon where we didn't, so not sure what your point is.

My point is  we have lost 3 in a row conceding 9 goals hardly promotion winning form is it .

What's your point my point is close the back door and make it harder for teams score ,giving free hits leads to goals as chasing games leads to leaving big gaps at the back get the first goal and build on it ,if your a defender defend if your a midfielder attack when you can but mainly do your defensive duties but not to the point where you holding hands with the defence ,get yourself up the pitch and make your mark on the game Garrity does it Pett does it its about  time the captain did it not just play in spasms etc the forwards are first line of defence so close down the opposition do not give the opposition time to pick there passes create errors with workrate .

If the opposition are at 100 per cent then we need be at 110  per cent .

Ability alone can not win football sheer effort heart and commitment can I do not want see players strolling around I want see how i work how I've worked since I left school really hard 110 per cent at it all the time .

2 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

My point is  we have lost 3 in a row conceding 9 goals hardly promotion winning form is it .

What's your point my point is close the back door and make it harder for teams score ,giving free hits leads to goals as chasing games leads to leaving big gaps at the back get the first goal and build on it ,if your a defender defend if your a midfielder attack when you can but mainly do your defensive duties but not to the point where you holding hands with the defence ,get yourself up the pitch and make your mark on the game Garrity does it Pett does it its about  time the captain did it not just play in spasms etc the forwards are first line of defence so close down the opposition do not give the opposition time to pick there passes create errors with workrate .

If the opposition are at 100 per cent then we need be at 110  per cent .

Ability alone can not win football sheer effort heart and commitment can I do not want see players strolling around I want see how i work how I've worked since I left school really hard 110 per cent at it all the time .

You said it as if we hadn't won or played well for lots of games. I pointed out it was only 3 games. One of those was away when we had no forwards and although we defended pretty well the ball was coming back with no one up front to hold it. The next game was Brentford and although we gave it a good go their class was always going to be a big factor. Swindon was crap but that's just one game. 

I love your passion but sometimes it runs away with you. 

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

You said it as if we hadn't won or played well for lots of games. I pointed out it was only 3 games. One of those was away when we had no forwards and although we defended pretty well the ball was coming back with no one up front to hold it. The next game was Brentford and although we gave it a good go their class was always going to be a big factor. Swindon was crap but that's just one game. 

I love your passion but sometimes it runs away with you. 

Good reply your right I'm just major peeved about Swindon having record number of goal attempts in first half sat made it look like we couldn't be bothered I do not like that at all it shows weakness thought that Vale had long gone but keeps resurfacing .

Archived