onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

What the hell did David Amoo do to you?

I can’t see Amoo ever making a striker, he continues to run into the channels too much even when playing as part of a front 2… winger mentality, rather than looking at the gaps between the lines of the 18 yard box. I think He’ll be surplus to requirements now that we have Harrett and Eddie in the club

Advert

14 minutes ago, fraggle said:

I can’t see Amoo ever making a striker, he continues to run into the channels too much even when playing as part of a front 2… winger mentality, rather than looking at the gaps between the lines of the 18 yard box. I think He’ll be surplus to requirements now that we have Harrett and Eddie in the club

I agree. But he's still a decent option as a wide player, and it's not like we're stacked with them. For certain games him and Worrall are fine as part of a front three. Amoo has pace. Outside of him and Rodney we're a pretty slow team from front to back.

Amoo is out of contract at the end of the season so I expect he will be off. He is probably not convinced by DCs opinion that he can play as a central striker since he has played most of his career as a winger. We used to complain about managers putting square pegs in round holes but DC seems to be a master of it. In his own mind at least. 

13 minutes ago, fraggle said:

I think if we are to get anywhere near winning tonight the midfield 3 of Pett, Conlon & Garrity need to up their game big time, they have been walked over/around in the last 3 games, they have all predominantly played a deep-lying role, they have allowed the opposition to play the ball too easily in the middle/just inside the oppositions half…

I’ve been sick of watching how slow we are to attempt to turn the ball over. They’ve also been far to ‘safe’ in playing the ball sideways, if you look at the 1st 10 games, the drive to get forward, play that slide rule pass into the gaps, it’s just way off now…..

I get the feeling that DC must be asking them to conserve energy in the 1st half of the game, to allow him to figure the oppositions style out…. If we play like we have in the last 3 games we’ve got little chance of winning…

Last one for me… has anyone else noticed the big gaps between the back 3 when we lose the ball? If you look at a number of the recent goals we’ve conceded, the cohesiveness of the back 3 and then into back 5 with the wide players… they are way out of sync, we are suffering from the players not being disciplined enough when we don’t have the ball.

Let’s hope they start tonight’s game with pressing football from the off, rather than waiting 45 mins to get going

TFootball is 90 mins you can’t pace yourself for the first 45 it’s not 90degree heat you give your all from the first whistle if you you  tire your fetched off they are after all professional footballers 

Looks like we have one of the hardest games on Saturday as well, of all the top sides...

Tranmere have a tough one but we can't think about chasing the right now, and a 6-pointer at Sutton v Northampton.

28 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

Excellent post, spot on.  When Leeds were coming up 2 years ago, they had a spell of 8 games without a win in December/January, but went on to win the title by 10 points. 

Not a time for panic, but hard work and good management. UTV! 

Really good point... Its very very very rare for a team not to have a sticky patch.

LWLLDLL - 4 points from 21 (1 point from 15 at the end of the run) = Port Vale last promotion season

DLLDDDD - 5 points from 21 = Last year champions Cheltenham

LLWLDLDDL - 6 points from 27 = Promoted Bolton and that's AFTER they started winning

DDLLLWL - 5 points from 21 = Promoted Cambridge

LDLLWDDDL - 7 points from 27 = Promoted Morcambe

17 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Amoo is out of contract at the end of the season so I expect he will be off. He is probably not convinced by DCs opinion that he can play as a central striker since he has played most of his career as a winger. We used to complain about managers putting square pegs in round holes but DC seems to be a master of it. In his own mind at least. 

Let's be fair here. Amoo has only been used as a striker in an absolute emergency.  It's not like he was playing there before Wilson, Proctor and Lloyd got injured . So I'd say that's a bit disingenuous towards Clarke to say that.  

Amoo has done ok but there's absolutely no doubt he's way better out wide . As people have alluded to I'd imagine he'll be released in the summer . 

20 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You use the word ‘probably’ often in your veiled swipes at the manager, don’t you?

”Ryan Johnson didn’t make us a profit. We probably just about broke even.”

”Amoo is probably not convinced by DCs opinion” 

Its almost, almost like you’re making up baseless statements in your head to create disingenuous strawman claims to support your very personal dislike of the manager.

24 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Let's be fair here. Amoo has only been used as a striker in an absolute emergency.  It's not like he was playing there before Wilson, Proctor and Lloyd got injured . So I'd say that's a bit disingenuous towards Clarke to say that.  

Amoo has done ok but there's absolutely no doubt he's way better out wide . As people have alluded to I'd imagine he'll be released in the summer . 

I get the frustration with Worrall not being played in his best position but I don't see why Zebra is criticising Clarke for not building the team around Amoo.

Just now, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:
I am not criticising Clarke for not building a team around Amoo. 

So what are you criticising him for?

Releasing world class players such as Zak Mills and David Fitzpatrick. 

Not being John Askey. 

Not being very nice in interviews. 

Being nasty to the players.

Being a bad manager based on numerous promotions and guiding vale to safety / having us in and around promotion slots all season. 

Archived