onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

There's very very few teams who go a whole season without a couple of rough patches. Forest Green are an anomaly at the moment, in the fact they are winning on such a regular systematic basis (bar Saturday). They are currently tracking for 100+ points which is inconceivable at this level.

It's clear we're not on top form at the minute but let's back the manager & the players to come good again, which they will. We've just had a month without a game, played well against a prem side & then not turned up v a decent Swindon side, but also played half a game with 10 men. 

I hope people don't start losing their heads if we don't win tomorrow night. We're only halfway through the season & we're in & around it with a decent manager & some good players. I think we just need to get back to being hard to beat & tighter at the back. If we can do this I always fancy us to score goals to win games.

For what it's worth I think we will draw tomorrow night, I'll go for 1-1. Please let's all just stick with the lads. We're capable of going on a ridiculous run again once we find our form again. UTV

Advert

Politic recalled time for a bit of imaginative setting up at home .

Worrall can play either side can he not so why does he never switch sides ?under Clarke .

Conlon can play as the first line of high press in fact when he plays well its when he is very up the pitch so I suggest if selected he is tasked with pressing high Walker can slip into the defensive midfield role .

I know DC likes to play with 2 strikers but with the alarming amount of goals conceded lately I think just the one and players running off the one but he as to play well the lone striker. 

Wilson on what I saw v Brentford was always a couple of yards off the pace and obviously rusty ,I'm.not sure on what he is offering at present to justify a starting spot .

Amoo strange how played v Brentford but was not used sat along with Gibbons although Gibbons may be off to pastures new if so the sooner the better because if he is not off he should be the first player selected every time in the starting xl why its obvious why he is  a fantastic player .

So much to ponder for DC be interesting see who's selected just hope we play with a desire to win because if we come off that pitch and I have seen something I have enjoyed in terms of what we show in phases of games but do not seem be able put it together for the whole 90 like the last 10 mins v Orient the second half v Accrington the second half v Barrow first 20 v Rochdale etc etc I will be delighted .

Big game every player has to be firstly up for it and secondly ready and thirdly willing to when defending do the part of the  game what wins majority of the games show  GUTS and be ready die for the shirt .

UTV 

I want to see us show some real intent from the start in this one. It should not take needing to wait to half time to make some adjustments to spring to life. It begins with the club captain leading by example on that front which if he is honest he’s been a bit too much of a passenger in recent games. This is the time for him to show why he’s rightly so highly thought of and impose himself on the game.

4 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

There's very very few teams who go a whole season without a couple of rough patches. Forest Green are an anomaly at the moment, in the fact they are winning on such a regular systematic basis (bar Saturday). They are currently tracking for 100+ points which is inconceivable at this level.

It's clear we're not on top form at the minute but let's back the manager & the players to come good again, which they will. We've just had a month without a game, played well against a prem side & then not turned up v a decent Swindon side, but also played half a game with 10 men. 

I hope people don't start losing their heads if we don't win tomorrow night. We're only halfway through the season & we're in & around it with a decent manager & some good players. I think we just need to get back to being hard to beat & tighter at the back. If we can do this I always fancy us to score goals to win games.

For what it's worth I think we will draw tomorrow night, I'll go for 1-1. Please let's all just stick with the lads. We're capable of going on a ridiculous run again once we find our form again. UTV

I second this. I don’t know why everyone’s hit the panic button. People need to calm down. We’re not going to win every single game between now and end of season.

5 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

For what it's worth I think w   e will draw tomorrow night, I'll go for 1-1. Please let's all just stick with the lads. We're capable of going on a ridiculous run again once we find our form again. UTV

FGR   Form last 5    DWDWD    So maybe feeling the pressure

I know 5-3-2 served us well but I'd like to see us really take it to Salford from the kick off .

Forget rumours I'm going IMO the best team .

Stone 

Gibbo Hall Smith Hussey 

Walker 

Worrall Garrity Conlon 

Wilson Harritt 

As usual I'd expect Wilson to be brought off 55-65 but he'll be looking to score against his old club.

Get at them from the off. Pett a bit unlucky but he won't drop Conlon and I feel Walker worth another go. 

Not a must win but a very much like to win.

Wilson doesn't look physically fit to me never mind match fit.

I see every reason to play Gibboo unless he's not our player or it's an injury issue.

Walker at DM and one of Walker or Pett be under orders to be behind the ball at all times to cover against the counter attack.

Garrity to play just behind Harratt and in front of the midfield.

Try and get Wilson and Rodney on for match fitness.

I'd prefer a system with 4 at the back but Vale need a bit of "consistency" at the moment.

Stone

Cass Smith Hall

Worrall Pett Walker Conlon Gibbo

Garrity Harratt

Subs: Rodney, Wilson, Hussey,  Edmonson, Martin, Benning, Bailey.

If it was a 4 at the back:

Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Hussey

Pett Walker Conlon

Worrall  Harratt  Garrity

Subs: Rodney, Wilson, Cass,  Edmonson, Martin, Benning, Bailey.

Matchday  

Just brought me lad his ticket for tonight 20 he is and working yet  I am buying his match ticket .

Not that I mind big game this speaking to a cracking lad at work (stoke fan )he said what's happened to Tom Conlon he was watching on some format but said he was abysmal Saturday after seeing him play well v Bradford .

Maybe time take him out the team for a bit we cannot carry passengers every player needs to be at full tilt tonight as Salford have enough about them to cause us lots of problems if allowed to .

One of the biggest challenges of DCs management this tonight 3 defeats in a row fans getting restless super sub gone we need a big effort from.everyone tonight easy go games when winning I tend to want be there more when we are struggling because We All Vale aren't We ..

Cannot wait bring it everyone needs to cheer shout and use your influence to get extra from the players .

Being quiet and moaning achieves none of this .

Get behind the lads in Black and White 

UTV  

Archived