onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Salford City

Fosse69

Time to step up a gear, shake off the rustiness, back to winning form. Can it be done? Return of formation, tactics, players to regain match fitness. New players to gel, key players considering a move, suspended goalkeeper? Lots of factors, DC up to the challenge at a key point of the season? Salford not making waves at present, so avoiding a 3rd successive league defeat should not be beyond us, a goal from Wilson against his old club would be most welcome.

Advert

Stone

Cass Hall Smith

Gibbons Pett Conlon Hussey

Worrall Harratt Politic

If Gibbons is going then we're knackered. I don't see how we replace his attributes. Seriously concerning if the rumours are true.

Again, and many will disagree, I like Garrity but for all his qualities, his lack of ability on the ball (his first touch is criminal) costs us at home/when we want to keep possession. When we have the ball in defence, he just runs off and waits upfield (probably under instruction idk). Put him back in for away games, but we need to control games better. Garrity doesn't work in 'controlled' games - more of a chaos player.

Conlon seems to be floating about doing nothing and he needs to be deeper so he can get on the ball more. 

Wilson isn't fit and is a passenger. Get some reserve games going and build him up from that. Harratt > Edmondson > Wilson at present.

I'm not happy with the back 3 and I'm minded to drop Smith for Jones when he's available. 

Salford play a back 4 so I'm mindful to try and do what we did against Colchester's back 4 - wingbacks on the touchline, wide forwards in the channels. Fullbacks (Theo Vassell, in this case) don't know who to mark. Get in behind and pull back.

We need to start playing well soon. We need to start having some control in games.

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Have to win. Don’t want to see 352. I want us to actually take the game to them and make them scared of our players rather than sitting in our own half worried about the opposition. 

I'm probably going to be stupid enough to go. If we churn out another Walsall/Swindon performance I'll lose it. Getting schooled yesterday was an embarrassment. Yes Covolan prevented HT changes but I'm getting annoyed at how often we seem to need to make HT changes because we're chasing a game. Yes it's great he knows how to do it as the previous manager stuck to 433 every week but our slow starts all the time are really starting to get on my wick.

9 minutes ago, For Us All said:

We desperately need a result here and can't afford to lose four on the trot.

The next two games are massive for me. Positive results and 4 points and we’re back in the mix failure to do that could see us around mid table. And to go from 2nd to 11/12th would be a disaster given the players he wanted, he’s now got. Didn’t Carlisle do something similar last season in going from top or 2nd to nowhere? 

Archived