onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PROMOTION......

sheffield61

The battle for promotion from league Two is the tightest in any division, FGR aside......

FGR.....        1/20

Port Vale......9/4

Swindon.......5/2

Tranmere.....5/2

Northampton...5/2

Sutton......        11/4

Exeter.......        6/1

10/1 BAR.....

At least one of the above chasing FGR are surely about to break clear from the pack I feel.....

Interestingly times ahead for sure!!.....🙏😁

Advert

Don't think Sutton will sustain it myself. 

Exeter are perennial bridesmaids season after season they come up short .

Tranmere Cobblers and Swindon have all had recently left this league only to be relegated quickly. So they have to be in the mindset.  

Think we play Cobblers and Tranny in successive weeks in February.  

One things for sure it's not going to be for the feint hearted 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Don't think Sutton will sustain it myself. 

Exeter are perennial bridesmaids season after season they come up short .

Tranmere Cobblers and Swindon have all had recently left this league only to be relegated quickly. So they have to be in the mindset.  

Think we play Cobblers and Tranny in successive weeks in February.  

One things for sure it's not going to be for the feint hearted 

7 hours ago, sheffield61 said:

The battle for promotion from league Two is the tightest in any division, FGR aside......

FGR.....        1/20

Port Vale......9/4

Swindon.......5/2

Tranmere.....5/2

Northampton...5/2

Sutton......        11/4

Exeter.......        6/1

10/1 BAR.....

At least one of the above chasing FGR are surely about to break clear from the pack I feel.....

Interestingly times ahead for sure!!.....🙏😁

Don’t rule out Mansfield and Salford 

I think Mansfield are the ones I would look at right now. Nigel Clough is a good manager for this level and they are on a very good run of form. As it happens this looks like one of them seasons where because the league is so tight it will end up meaning you need less points than usual to get top three / playoffs.

I think Vale should make the top three. We just need to cut out some of the lapses in concentration we've seen at the back in key moments. Our defensive record is actually very good but it's not so much the amount we concede its how and when we do. Iron that out we will go up.

Northampton I think will slip down, they are in poor form and reliant on their defence, their main attacking threat has been recalled and sent to Cheltenham also.

Sutton look poor but are a proper grind it out team as we found out, do what they do well but with other teams strengthening and a small squad it may catch up on them.

FGR are all but promoted.

Tranmere have a great defence and adding Hemmings is a boost, they will fancy their chances now.

Mansfield have gone under the radar, but won 8 in 9 now in the league, they may lose O-Toole though which apparently is a big concern.

Swindon is a tricky one, they've been poor bar walloping a Northampton side who's legs went after not playing for ages. They have lost a couple of players to being recalled, still under an embargo and reliant on McKirdy at the moment which in itself is not ideal as we know. Defensively they struggle but do score goals, I think they may slip down a bit.

Exeter are the poorest performing side in the league over the past 6 weeks or so, leaving themselves a lot of work to do, losing Noumbe to injury similar to us with Wilson has killed them and if Jay goes they may drop right out the picture.

Dont see Bradford troubling the top 7, average squad, manager isn't all that, Askey did excellent against the odds like Adams did with Morecambe but go into a big club and its not that easy.

Salford may spend their way into it, up to know they look average but can't rule them out spending big, although if you watch class of 92 they have had to calm down a bit on that.

We look like we have the best depth now out of all the sides, across the squad its as Ed Walker said on the Ale and Vale Pod probably the most complete, injuries to our whole attack coincided with our worst form but if we can get back on the proverbial horse now and hit real form then we have a chance, if we are slow to get going again it may be settling for play offs, I hope we can challenge the top 3 though, obviously the extra games may take their toll but if anyone has the depth to deal with those extra games in a short space its probably us.

Still way too early to predict.  I think the picture will only become clear by the end of Jan, when a combination of completed fixtures and transfer window comings and going’s will allow us to make a pretty solid judgement on the runners and riders for the final few furlongs.

51 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Dont see Bradford troubling the top 7, average squad, manager isn't all that, Askey did excellent against the odds like Adams did with Morecambe but go into a big club and its not that easy.

He took Plymouth up from this level too, and then 7th in League 1. Good manager whatever is going on at present, and if they get forwards in then they'll compete.

To be honest reading over FGR’s squad it looks to lack any real strength in depth. You’d think if they got a few injuries they would start to slip up.

A team will go on a run and join the pack but for us Swindon is a pivotal game. Get the win and that will give us the momentum to really cement a promotion place. 

He took Plymouth up from this level too, and then 7th in League 1. Good manager whatever is going on at present, and if they get forwards in then they'll compete.

Maybe, but he isn’t pulling any trees up and Bradford for all the fuss about size the best they could come up with for a forward in the last window was Theo Robinson.

Whilst a big club mind the fact they sell seasons tickets dirt cheap (great initiative) probably means they don’t have anywhere near as big financial clout as other clubs that pull in 12000-15000 a game.

The tight nature of the league means that realistically anyone down to Carlisle (19th) may fancy a run at the play offs. It only takes 3 or 4 wins on the bounce.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Orient or Walsall put a few results together and get themselves in the mix. I think it'll go right down to the wire for top 3 and play offs which makes those late collapses at Sutton and Oldham so annoying!

41 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Maybe, but he isn’t pulling any trees up and Bradford for all the fuss about size the best they could come up with for a forward in the last window was Theo Robinson.

Whilst a big club mind the fact they sell seasons tickets dirt cheap (great initiative) probably means they don’t have anywhere near as big financial clout as other clubs that pull in 12000-15000 a game.

Don’t Bradford have to pay some ludicrous rental figure for the ground?

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Don’t Bradford have to pay some ludicrous rental figure for the ground?

They paid £370,000 in the 2019 tax year, no doubt that's towards £500,000 P A. today for a bang average league 2 side....OUCH!!😬😬

It certainly makes you realise just how lucky we are at the Vale anyways....😁👌

Folks I understand ppl being cautious about us and working on the fact that if we look at the worst case scenario then everything else is a bonus.

1.Were still in the play off positions and if we win our games in hand we move into an automatic promotion position.

2. We’ve had to play a number of games without a recognised forward.

3. DC has already won, two Manager of the month awards.

4. We’ve just strengthened the squad with loan and permanent signings.

5. The bookies have us as favourites to go up with FGR. You never see a bookie on a bike.

I know we’ve had some poor seasons but come on folks, BELIEVE. I’m a very cautious person but I can honestly see us getting one of the automatic promotion places. 

Archived