attendances

geoff1

VAT accounting is based on actual sales. You can say there were 100,000 there in the Sentinel but the accounts must reflect reality. 

I tried, for the sake of it because I take an interest in Scottish football as a Montrose supporter (I've been to one game and adopted them for life), to see how we fair attendance wise. We are about equal with Dundee (5000+) in attendances presently but a bit behind Dundee United (7000+). So that is middle of the Scottish Premiership. However, its sobering to reflect we above some famous Scottish clubs like Motherwell and St Mirren. The miracle club of the moment is Arbroath up there. Top of the Championship and got their attendances up to about 1300. Out performing famous clubs like Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and Partick. 

Edited by Warren

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

So Salford 100,  Vale 5500 less mid-week drop  4800 , total 4900 ?

Last home game on a Tuesday night was when we were flying high in 3rd, against rivals Walsall. We got 4700 home fans. 

Given it's the third home game in 10 days in a tight month financially for many, off the back of a poor performance at the weekend... the crowd might be sub 4500 including the usual minibus load from Salford.

3 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I think we might get sub 4k tomorrow. Remember we only count fans that are in the ground and not how many season ticket holders we have. Salford will only bring 50 aswell.

Wouldn't surprise me mate.

I was a bit surprised at only 5400 Vale fans on Saturday though considering it was the first game for over a month, against promotion rivals, and after the second half Brentford performance.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Owen Holdcroft said:

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/1488452240641769476?s=21

Apparently they are adding 7,500 seats, are they new ones or just replacing the old ones? Strange

That's the capacity of their main stand. I'd imagine it just means replacing the existing 'pink' seats with red ones, as they did with the other three stands in recent years. I guess they left it til last because it's the only stand you don't see from the TV cameras.

Unrelated but that makes me think how much better our stadium would look on TV if the camera gantry was moved to the Railway, facing the Lorne Street.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

That's the capacity of their main stand. I'd imagine it just means replacing the existing 'pink' seats with red ones, as they did with the other three stands in recent years. I guess they left it til last because it's the only stand you don't see from the TV cameras.

Unrelated but that makes me think how much better our stadium would look on TV if the camera gantry was moved to the Railway, facing the Lorne Street.

Good point about the gantry, not sure the cables would reach that far though...

2 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

Where would they place the cameras? Also the Lorne Street is the highest stand and has all the offices etc. if simply isn’t convenient or possible to accommodate media crews in the Railway area. The ground always looks good on TV anyway in my view. For many years the view towards the Lorne Street was quite ugly with concrete breeze blocks and a half built stand.

Now you’d get to see a half empty Lorne Street and rows of plastic seats! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Where would they place the cameras? Also the Lorne Street is the highest stand and has all the offices etc. if simply isn’t convenient or possible to accommodate media crews in the Railway area. The ground always looks good on TV anyway in my view. For many years the view towards the Lorne Street was quite ugly with concrete breeze blocks and a half built stand.

Now you’d get to see a half empty Lorne Street and rows of plastic seats! 

Calm down lad.

I'm talking about in a dream world where we spend 30m+ redeveloping the Railway and Bycars rather than plonking a little gantry on top of the Railway roof.