onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Orient - Oldham is postponed due to Oldham being unable to field enough players, meaning Orients only game since Dec 18th was chasing a game at Stoke last week. Good for us as they’re up next after Swindon. 
I thought we had Salford after Swindon?

Advert

13 minutes ago, Doha said:

Orient - Oldham is postponed due to Oldham being unable to field enough players, meaning Orients only game since Dec 18th was chasing a game at Stoke last week. Good for us as they’re up next after Swindon. 

That really is great news for us. Hopefully we can catch them cold. I;m trying not get ahead of myself with 2 crucial home games coming up but oh my god I can't wait for this away day.

3 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Covolan

Cass Smith Hall

Gibbons Pett Conlon Hussey

Worrall Wilson Politic

Otherwise stick with 352 and bring in Garrity and Harratt for Politic and Gibbo/Woz/Hussey.

Decisions, decisions!

I suspect the team all depends how we want to match up against Swindon AND Salford on Tuesday as well. I can't see many players doing 90 mins in both games outside of Conlon and the GK.

DC is going to turn into Fergie for the next 2 months.

I think we will go: 

Cov 

Smith Hall Hussey 

Worrall                            Gibbons 

Conlon   Pett  Garrity

Wilson  Amoo

For me I think 433 now works a treat but Clarke likes the 352  

Cov

Gibbons    Smith   Hall    Hussey 

Conlon    Pett   Garrity  

Worrall       Wilson        Politic

That would be my 11 I think, that keeps our best performing players in the 11, only issue would be the change  in system, I also don’t think there’s a better 11 in the league than that above, I think would do ok in the league above with that side! 

26 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Covalan 

Cass Hall Hussey 

Worrall              Gibbons 

Pett Garrity Conlon 

Harriet Wilson .

I can't see us starting with a girl up front. !!

Ha ha its predictive text lol he is a good lad that lad wouldn't surprise me if he scored again Harratt then whatever his name is let's hope he delivers on a constant basis I think he will even if not with goals looks to me  like a all round  player like Proctor .

UTV 

He will certainly be cooking lol 

Can't see him playing both Hall and Hussey from the off in the back line. Though I could be wrong. Smith won't be dropped. 

What I do know is we're going to have players on our bench that would have walked into many of our teams over the last number of years, even more so when Proctor is also back.

27 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I think we will go: 

Cov 

Smith Hall Hussey 

Worrall                            Gibbons 

Conlon   Pett  Garrity

Wilson  Amoo

For me I think 433 now works a treat but Clarke likes the 352  

Cov

Gibbons    Smith   Hall    Hussey 

Conlon    Pett   Garrity  

Worrall       Wilson        Politic

That would be my 11 I think, that keeps our best performing players in the 11, only issue would be the change  in system, I also don’t think there’s a better 11 in the league than that above, I think would do ok in the league above with that side! 

I still see Politic as more of an impact sub right now, but both teams and formations like great to me. I have a feeling Edmondson will be used more often than not.

4 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

That’s not a bad shout to be fair 😄 I would be surprised if he started both of the new boys. Hall would be useful against Simpson though (assuming Hall is strong in the air). I have a feeling he might start with Edmondson. I think Wilson works better with a big man as a foil. However, that would be harsh on Harratt, and there is a strong argument to start him as he will be full of confidence. 

That's the beauty of DC nobody knows who he will start with and thats good .

Hall will snuff out there big unit and Hussey will be the first line of attack I believe he as a sweet left foot like Jones daft as it sounds the ball from your 3 at the back is your first line of attack a 70 yard crossfield ball from left to right putting Worrall in could result in many a goal .

So 2 passes results in a goal no messing so it's imperative now that your centre halfs can play and let's face it Casses link up play is excellent if Hussey and Gibbons or Politic can gel on the other side we are smoking (well I ain't I do not smoke ).

So many options though and if you need dig in bring Smith on close the door at the other end and go to a four otherwise play to win by believing in your attacking work .

UTV 

Stone

Cass   Martin   Jones   Benning 

Taylor    Walker    Burgess  

Amoo    Edmondson   Rodney

I'd consider that as something like our second 11. I think it would finish comfortably in mid-table with luck on the injury front!

We really do have a strong squad, our best for a long while.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Ha ha its predictive text lol he is a good lad that lad wouldn't surprise me if he scored again Harratt then whatever his name is let's hope he delivers on a constant basis I think he will even if not with goals looks to me  like a all round  player like Proctor .

UTV 

He will certainly be cooking lol 

This is the team v Swindle, for me, then Cass and Smith coming in for the game after? Or coming off the bench v Sweindon if we just need fresh legs to protect the points. Up front, Edmonson will be as eager to get a game as Harratt? As will Politic and Amoo? We should have plenty on the bench to make like-for-like changes to minimise injury risks. It's looking good, Valiants!!

4 hours ago, philmpv said:
5 hours ago, Doha said:

Salford Home 18 Jan, Orient A 22 Jan

6 hours ago, philmpv said:
6 hours ago, Doha said:

Ah yeah I forgot that was rearranged for then. Even better in that case as it means we have 2 home games to get back in our league stride for Orient away. 

The formation hinges on whether Hall is comfortable in a back 4, because that gives us much more scope to change things around. If he has the heading ability of Legge but is quicker on his feet I think we go for that. Otherwise Woz and Politic have no natural role, Conlon gets pulled out of position etc.

Archived