onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

I would expect McKirdy to be more of a threat than when Robinson appeared for Bradford and he is in one of those veins of form. When we played away at Swindon he never even got on the pitch.

Swindon play tonight at Mansfield so they have hit game pace level where as we have Saturday to fall back on.

Keep McKirdy in his box and I see a narrow win......

53 minutes ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, ginge said:
Looking forward to it! Gibbons on his right side, Hussey has always looked solid when he's played against us and one of the complaints of the formation is Worrall is playing too deep, now we get to see him higher up hopefully which can only mean more attacks! 

IMHO, Gibbons has been much better on the left than he's ever been on the right

Absolutely nailed it. Whilst there's no doubt he was good on the right I don't recall as many rampaging runs and goal attempts. 

He's been a revelation on the left .

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Absolutely nailed it. Whilst there's no doubt he was good on the right I don't recall as many rampaging runs and goal attempts. 

He's been a revelation on the left .

Where do you see Worrall if we have Hussey and Gibbo as the wingbacks? As I can't see anything other than 532 and slight variations of it. He's not going to go into a top 2 or a centre mid 3. I think 433 generally maximises our best players best positions and Woz would fit in that, but that's partly why Woz was playing wingback in the first place, because he's too good to leave out and that was the closest natural place DC could find for him.

3 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

V interesting to see how DC will accommodate Gibbo, Hussey and Woz  in the same team.. exciting though! Especially if Woz is pushed higher up

no div 2 team should be allowed to have both wozza and hussey!-brilliant signing😄

4 hours ago, philmpv said:
4 hours ago, ginge said:
Looking forward to it! Gibbons on his right side, Hussey has always looked solid when he's played against us and one of the complaints of the formation is Worrall is playing too deep, now we get to see him higher up hopefully which can only mean more attacks! 

IMHO, Gibbons has been much better on the left than he's ever been on the right

To be fair hes hardly played right wing back though? but wing back is very different a right back role with a winger in front of him as you wouldn’t get the same space to keep bombing into. 

My view is that I think we’ll see Worral and hussey starting as wing backs, with Clarke rotating or being clever with substitutions as we get to the busy weeks to keep those 2 and gibbo fresh. As I said on another thread Hussey isn’t coming in to sit on the bench. I think he’ll start against Swindon, (if he doesn’t maybe it would be because of the lack of time with the squad). It’s a brave call to be dropping either gibbo or Worrall who IMO have been our top 2 players this season and possibly risky too and tbh I don’t want to see either out of the side. Ideally play them together on the right but in reality I don’t see Clark deviating from using the 3-5-2 system too much. 

I think Saturday could be:

stone

Worrall cass  Martin smith hussey

pett Conlon garrity

wilson amoo

That would give us options on the bench with the 2 new strikers, politic or gibbo to come on. 

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Wow. Where Worrall going then? Would you prefer 3-4-3 ?

I have no idea. If Hussey has to start, and it's Worrall vs Gibbons for RWB, I choose Gibbons.

I think 343 could be brilliant, but would entail dropping Garrity who is improving every week. Our most complete performance, though, was with 343 at home to Colchester. Wilson dropping as a deep forward and Politic/Worrall in the channels, with Gibbons and Hussey wide, is exciting. I also think Conlon is better when he's allowed to receive the ball deep and control play, instead of the attacking midfielder is trying to be.

Right now, I'd look at this:

Covolan 

Cass Smith Jones (substitute the Harrogate CB in if he arrives)

Gibbons Pett Conlon Hussey

Worrall Wilson Politic

I honestly think the above could be the best 11 in the league, with the two new forwards, Garrity, Walker, all on the bench.

Either way, if Gibbons stays, someone good is getting dropped. 

Just now, Joe B said:

I have no idea. If Hussey has to start, and it's Worrall vs Gibbons for RWB, I choose Gibbons.

I think 343 could be brilliant, but would entail dropping Garrity who is improving every week. Our most complete performance, though, was with 343 at home to Colchester. Wilson dropping as a deep forward and Politic/Worrall in the channels, with Gibbons and Hussey wide, is exciting. I also think Conlon is better when he's allowed to receive the ball deep and control play, instead of the attacking midfielder is trying to be.

Covolan 

Worrall Wilson Politic

I honestly think the above could be the best 11 in the league, with the two new forwards, Garrity, Walker, all on the bench.

I think we will see that formation at some point in games, maybe not starting a match though. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

To be fair hes hardly played right wing back though? but wing back is very different a right back role with a winger in front of him as you wouldn’t get the same space to keep bombing into. 

My view is that I think we’ll see Worral and hussey starting as wing backs, with Clarke rotating or being clever with substitutions as we get to the busy weeks to keep those 2 and gibbo fresh. As I said on another thread Hussey isn’t coming in to sit on the bench. I think he’ll start against Swindon, (if he doesn’t maybe it would be because of the lack of time with the squad). It’s a brave call to be dropping either gibbo or Worrall who IMO have been our top 2 players this season and possibly risky too and tbh I don’t want to see either out of the side. Ideally play them together on the right but in reality I don’t see Clark deviating from using the 3-5-2 system too much. 

I think Saturday could be:

stone

Worrall cass  Martin smith hussey

pett Conlon garrity

wilson amoo

That would give us options on the bench with the 2 new strikers, politic or gibbo to come on. 

I’d prefer put Hussey in at LCH. I think Smith looks uncomfortable on either the left or the right. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Covolan 

Worrall Wilson Politic

jones still supended! 2 more games.:drink:

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Covolan 

Worrall Wilson Politic

Rotation will be the name of the game

If Hall is brought in, it may be a sign that DC's looking to alternate more between back 4 and back 3, (or at least have that as more of a feasible option), as Hall is used to playing in a back 4 for Harrogate and, as a big left-footer, would complement Smith well there. I really like both Cass and Jones, but in a back 4 I'd be more confident with either at FB than at CB, Legge showed last year he didn't have the legs for a back 4 anymore, and both Smith and Martin prefer to play on the right of a two. As such, playing with a back 4 right now feels a little leaky; Hall plugs the gap.

That would free us up to either start with or more readily (and securely) switch to 4-2-3-1, with Gibbo and Hussey at FB, and Woz, Garrity and Politic in the 3, thus fitting in all of them. Although then you have Cass and Jones on the bench, as well as all but one striker... 🤔

Yikes. 

Archived