onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

I can't believe how much grief Wilson seems to be getting (comments like he's not arsed). The guys been out for nearly 2 months. Before he got injured, he was playing like a top L1 player. Short memories have some Vale fans. I think today that he saw the futility in pressing the CB with the ball as our WBs were playing so deep there was always at least 1 player in acres for their guy to pass to. I also think that he seems concerned about tackling too hard, maybe his foot still doesn't feel quite right?

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

I don’t see why people are so eager to bin off the system that’s seen us do so well so far. I have no issue changing to different formations for games where it’s suited, but after a couple of bad games it’s a bit of a knee jerk reaction to say bin it completely.

It hasn’t done that well though. There must be at least 3/4 occasions we have been struggling at home at half time / losing and changed the formation and then come back. We shouldn’t bin it, but it’s too negative at home and Dosent suit our players 

55 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't believe Covolan's sending off cost us the game.  I believe the fact that we were rubbish from the kick off cost us the game.  They pressed us all over the pitch and we couldn't pass water at all.  Covolan was statistically the best keeper in the National League last season.  To say he should never play for us again is OTT.  He will have four games to consider his stupidity - let's hope Stone turns out to be as good as everyone thinks he is.

It 100% cost us the game. It was 1-1 at the time and about to be half time where we could switch it up. Just because they outplayed us first half Dosent mean the 2nd half would be the same. Nobody is saying Stone is amazing but he hasn’t been sent off numerous times for stupid errors. Covolan lost us the game today and against Northampton. Two huge games and 6 points thrown away. I couldn’t care less what he did last season, he’s been crap for us this season. 

9 minutes ago, philmpv said:

I can't believe how much grief Wilson seems to be getting (comments like he's not arsed). The guys been out for nearly 2 months. Before he got injured, he was playing like a top L1 player. Short memories have some Vale fans. I think today that he saw the futility in pressing the CB with the ball as our WBs were playing so deep there was always at least 1 player in acres for their guy to pass to. I also think that he seems concerned about tackling too hard, maybe his foot still doesn't feel quite right?

He was also all over chasing back, so can't be arsed - my arse

17 minutes ago, rsb said:

the efl are being asked to put a winter break in,  then players respond like today after a break we have just had i don't think so.

But it would be the same for all teams - not some having games cancelled, while others carry on playing...and have match fitness!

26 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

I don’t know about covolan being fined   Clarke should be fined for leaving out gibbo unbelievable decision unless he’s not 100% fit 

If other posters are on the know.  Was Gibbo left out as he is about to be sold?

54 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Carlisle may not have wanted him but they got something out of him, I bet people at Carlisle are asking a few questions now.  You still have to have the skill and talent to do it whether it's bairns or the old f@rts team. 

Garrity has got more league goals for us than McKirdy got for Carlisle. 

48 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

If players cannot be up for a game against a club just above them in the league you have to ask .

Not the case today. Tactically we were poor, couldn't cope with Swindon midfield in particular Gladwin and Williams.

The more I think about Covlan the more I get annoyed, DC seems to try and keep it tight in the first half and then throw the kitchen sink at it second half, obviously those plans were scuppered, very frustrating.

That's not to say we would have beaten Swindon, there were other problems to contend with but we would have had a better shot at it with 11 on the pitch.

42 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

having watched the clip of the sending off incident . it seems very wishy washy to me but ive yet to find anything that was " dangerous" in the said incident.

I've watched it over and over again and still don't see how its a foul. I will be interested to hear the verdict of the pundit on Quest.

Archived