onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

Lost a game have we? Cue usual meltdown and hysterics! Yes, we were poor today, even with 11 men, and Cov had a moment of madness. Yes, the new signings didn't look great. But it's 1 game. I expect a completely different performance on Tuesday, one of our games in hand.

Think today falls on DC. Tactics were completely wrong and their LB was getting the freedom of VP first half. It was the same against Brentford. The current thinking seems to be to keep it as tight as possible for the first half, before taking it to them in the second. I'm as disappointed as anybody, but I'm not panicking.

Only real worry for me presently is Conlons form. He looks very poor at the moment, and has for the last few games. Needs a break IMHO

I know Swindon were the better side but the officials have decided who won that match not the players. Unless the officials improve massively then I'm not going vale again after this season as I've had enough. Every week we get nothing of them. Not had a penalty in 12 months aswell yet have given away about 10 in that time.

Completely out played from start to finish. Their midfield completely bossed the game. If we would have gone in at half time level maybe we could of changed it up. Covolan made a simple catch into a sending off and a penalty, what an absolute clown. We look miles away from a team chasing promotion, created nothing, deserved what we got.

Red card is stupidity of the highest order. Completely needless and basically threw away any chance of getting something from the game.

Makes the odd decent stop but in that position you simply can’t afford to carry someone who looks an accident waiting to happen at any point in time. 

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet but i dont expect this to be popular but my take on today was that we were second best from start to finish.

Until we can get him fit(how we do that without games i dont know) then starting with Wilson at the moment is leaving us a striker short,today we also missed Gibbo's charging runs...now i have always backed Covolan but where i was sat in the paddock he was always going go for having his foot up,why not just go with the knee which all keepers do,decisions like that cost clubs promotions,he has let his team down big time and is sadly becoming a liability(hope he sticks with Stone for the rest of the season now,he has done nowt wrong for me anyway)

Two players imo bossed the game for them no matter how many times they hit the deck and that was Williams and McKirdy sorry to say.

Oh well

Reality check for Vale today, very much second best even before Covolan was sent off. All their players looked comfortable on the ball.

Again nothing from from Garrity with the ball at his feet, just "Ratting" is not enough in the midfield in a promo chasing team.

Still plenty of games left, no need to panic just yet.

Odds on that Harry McKirdy was gonna feature, he's in form and has skill, pity two Vale managers could work out how to get the best out of him.

7 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I know Swindon were the better side but the officials have decided who won that match not the players. Unless the officials improve massively then I'm not going vale again after this season as I've had enough. Every week we get nothing of them. Not had a penalty in 12 months aswell yet have given away about 10 in that time.

Totally disagree, We were off the pace from the beginning. A loss waiting to happen regardless of the officials.

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Well it appears that the enforced break has done us no favours at all.

It’s got nowt to do with the break we played last week anyway we were just outplayed from start to finish against a side with injuries and players that had been recalled Salford on Tuesday can’t see us getting anything from that either 

Archived