Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

As someone who played as a goalie at a good level, you make mistakes, but not once did I do anything like that to a player.  The players must wonder what he will do in pressure games now.  Can we rely on him not to loose it.  In a few games he has been lucky when it is obvious that he has lost his cool and made mistakes and managed to get away with it. 

DC needs to have a serious chat with him and Flickers needs to have a good look at goal keepers with a steadier head if they can be brought in on loan or brought in.  Do we need to loan out Covolan to get him off the books.

In short- yes

Well that's set me up for a lovely evening......what a dispiriting afternoon. We didn't look at the races from the start and I don't know why. We couldn't pass the ball, our touch was poor and we didn't compete. Hey ho what can you do? Mix in that absolutely diabolical piece of stupidity from Covolan and you've got the recipe for this performance....on to the next one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Well that's set me up for a lovely evening......what a dispiriting afternoon. We didn't look at the races from the start and I don't know why. We couldn't pass the ball, our touch was poor and we didn't compete. Hey ho what can you do? Mix in that absolutely diabolical piece of stupidity from Covolan and you've got the recipe for this performance....on to the next one.

Playing one game in a month or more prior to today and starting three debutants didn't help I don't think.

Massive game on Tuesday now where we need a response. I should imagine we'll also see at least a few changes.

• Like 1

The match stats make it seem like we've played a Premier League side this afternoon. Swindon are clearly a very decent side but we really have been poor, even with 11 men.

• Like 1

Just now, Beech said:

Playing one game in a month or more prior to today and starting three debutants didn't help I don't think.

Massive game on Tuesday now where we need a response. I should imagine we'll also see at least a few changes.

Yeah think you're absolutely right on all counts......still hurts though!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

After such a positive week in the transfer market and a buzz around the place--what a sad anticlimax today has proved to be!  Now slipped down to 9th.  A false 'dawn'?

Need to win both games in hand to get back to 3rd place, assuming the new boys can gel and the goalie situation is sorted.

Covolan seems a great bloke but he's clearly not learning, and never will now. He's not 19 or 20. He's a decent shot stopper but will always have a few moments in the season where he really costs you.

We need a replacement sooner or later.

Absolute gutless performance this has been. Not laid a glove on them all game. Stupidity from cov but even before that we showed absolutely nothing. Very disappointing game completely lack lustre. Worst performance by a country mile. Cass hussey conlon been dreadful

That’s was an absolute sham! Covolan should never play for us again. Had mad some great saves before that too. We were never at it. Not looking good for us I’m afraid. Far too powderpuff and have been for a while now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, osprey said:

Could have been an embarrassing score today 

With the team and squad we have, I find 1-3 at home embarrassing enough to be honest.

Edited by Beech

Need to get Brad Walker in that midfield to give us a bit more physical presence. For me it's him, Conlon and then one from Garrity or Pett.

Tom needs to give his head a wobble too. In games like today he goes AWOL too often when the going gets tough.

Edited by Beech
  • Like 1

That was shocking. Let them play their game, did nothing all game, no pressing no nothing. 

1-1 half time would have been generous but I would have fancied us second half. 

Game ruined by that utter clown in nets, if we want to be up there we cannot pick a complete liability in nets. Not to mention the disgusting play acting. Costing us points in big games. Get rid. 

Everything about that was crap, Conlon and the midfield were nowhere, but he was really poor (noted a few dives from him as well) other than the goal and I thought Hall was very good on debut. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2