Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

IMO biggest game this season so far, FGR will be top 3 and 2 others, one of which is likely to be Swindon, first league game for a month and because of that we have slipped down the table, we cannot lose this game and a win would be absolutely massive.

Advert:

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

I fully expect McKirdy to score today, just hope it’s not in a winning effort for them.

I hope he scores ........... an own goal.😉

Edited by melv
  • Like 1

Injuries and recalled loanees vs a strong squad getting stronger with an away win over them. Nothing to fear, Vale Park is not a place anyone in the league wants to come right now; let’s remind everyone why after a month away.

Edited by 1
  • Like 1

Advert:

Cov

Cass Hall Smith

Gibbons Pett Conlon Hussey

Worrall Harratt Politic

Although 352 has worked, and Garrity has done absolutely nothing to warrant this, I want to see Gibbons and Worrall + Hussey and Politic. Pett and Conlon pulling strings.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

43 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I have no doubt that if McKirdy scores he will either give it the big un to the vale fans or run over and give it to DC or both

Have to be honest though i do like their big striker Simpson,looks really strong and powerful 

I think DC had a good relationship with him.

Askey ostracised and de-registered him. I'm sure DC said he wanted to work with him + re-registered him. Talked about McKirdy having certain 'mental mechanisms' to deal with stuff which he had to change.

I think McKirdy would agree that getting released by Vale was a good move for him. He wouldn't get in the team this year and has gone somewhere that play a style that suits him.

He'll get stick as that's what football is all about, but I'd be shocked if he had a personal axe to grind with DC.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I think DC had a good relationship with him.

Askey ostracised and de-registered him. I'm sure DC said he wanted to work with him + re-registered him. Talked about McKirdy having certain 'mental mechanisms' to deal with stuff which he had to change.

I think McKirdy would agree that getting released by Vale was a good move for him. He wouldn't get in the team this year and has gone somewhere that play a style that suits him.

He'll get stick as that's what football is all about, but I'd be shocked if he had a personal axe to grind with DC.

He has nothing but good words to say about DC and surprisingly about Askey as well since leaving. He just says it didn't work for whatever reason and is now happy and scoring for fun at Swindon. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Newport 2-0 up v Harrogate 

See that Leon is starting for them today. Looking at that centre back pairing of him and McArdle that looks seriously vulnerable to any forward with a degree of pace. Something we should exploit when we come up against them.

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

See that Leon is starting for them today. Looking at that centre back pairing of him and McArdle that looks seriously vulnerable to any forward with a degree of pace. Something we should exploit when we come up against them.

Dad's army pairing 

8 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Dad's army pairing 

Aye, to have one fair enough can see the benefits. But to have both of them there is asking for trouble. Asking a lot of Leon to play in a back four again as well. One of the big reasons DC went to three CB's in the first place was to try and mask his vulnerability to pace now.

• Like 1