onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

52 minutes ago, Powerline said:

If Covolan does nothing McKirdy was going to clatter him. Not excusing Covolan at all, but McKirdy was being dirty. He’d already caught the ball and then McKirdy was just going to jump into him.

Covolan had already done enough to protect himself by raising his knee as keepers do once he caught it. The kung fu kick was out of order to say the least. Mckirdy did nothing wrong IMO and didn’t make any attempt to jump into him. 

8 hours ago, Powerline said:

Jean is bang on imo. Clear red for Covolan, but as I said earlier in the thread, if Cov does nothing I think McKirdy gets booked at the very least as he was very late. The fact that Cov kicked him doesn’t absolve McKirdy of his foul play as well. 

Don't believe I typing this.  McKirdy did not commit a foul.  The only thing he was guilty of was getting hit in the chest/stomach by Covolan.  In the video it looks like he was slowing down and moving out of the way.  If Covolan had come down to ground with his knee bent then both players would have not touched or just brushed past each other like you see all the time.

1 hour ago, Jacob_123 said:

Think it being McKirdy is clouding everyone’s opinion on this

This and vale fans love to blame the referee every time we lose. Mckirdy did nothing wrong and it’s as blatant a red you will ever see. I honestly can’t believe some are saying there was nothing wrong. 

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Ok Covolan’s was a red, but to say McKirdy did nowt wrong I won’t accept. He was charging at the keeper who already had the ball in his hands. Yellow card. 

I just don't see that at all. Charging at a player is not a bookable offence. He could/would/did (I don't know) stop and was still some distance away from Cov when he was kicked. You can tell that because kung fu Cov had to fully stretch his leg out to kick him. 

I am as black and white eyed as the next (in the ground I was shouting for McKirdy to be sent off), but when you watch it on replay, I just don't see what McKirdy did wrong ... and I have tried really really hard to find somehting!

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

If Covolan does nothing McKirdy was going to clatter him. Not excusing Covolan at all, but McKirdy was being dirty. He’d already caught the ball and then McKirdy was just going to jump into him.

We don't know that McKirdy was going to clatter him. If he had, he would have been booked/sent off. The fact is that he didn't! There was clear space between 2 players when Cov caught the ball and he closed that space with his foot out. He either <ovf censored> out, thought he was going to be clattered and put his leg out (red card) or say a chance to leave on on McKirdy (red card). Either way, it was the right decision all ways round

6 minutes ago, Row L said:

I just don't see that at all. Charging at a player is not a bookable offence. He could/would/did (I don't know) stop and was still some distance away from Cov when he was kicked. You can tell that because kung fu Cov had to fully stretch his leg out to kick him. 

I am as black and white eyed as the next (in the ground I was shouting for McKirdy to be sent off), but when you watch it on replay, I just don't see what McKirdy did wrong ... and I have tried really really hard to find somehting!

I also sit in RowL mate. I too at the time felt McKirdy went in with his foot high and I called for him to be shown a red card. Having seen it now several times it is ABSOLUTELY a red card for Cov. McKirdy did nowt wrong. Those calling for his head are obviously clouded by their "hatred" of the player. It's done now and even DC admitted it so let's  leave it. Cov will get his chance to show his sorrow but Stone now has to prove he is a worthy number 1. Good luck to him. 

I said before the game we had to avoid getting into the McKirdy circus and unfortunately Covolan didn't get the memo, it was a strange incident it looked at the time for all the world that McKirdy was off and was stunned when Covolan saw red and a penalty was given but at half time seeing the clips it became apparent it was a straight red for Covolan.

Credit to the officials for spotting it.

We usually disagree on everything so not a problem if you think it was  red card offence I personally didn't feel it warranted anything and if Mckirdy was a man he would have just got back up not lay there making the situation look 100 times worse than it was if  you have ever played in goal do you feet not leave the ground so you will not be in full control of where you feet are heading .
Anyway it's gone what's done done .
UTV 
Our keeper laid on the floor longer than mckirdy

Jean is bang on imo. Clear red for Covolan, but as I said earlier in the thread, if Cov does nothing I think McKirdy gets booked at the very least as he was very late. The fact that Cov kicked him doesn’t absolve McKirdy of his foul play as well. 

That just makes Cov even more stupid.

Mckirdy is about 8 stone wet through, he isn't clattering anyone.

It was a red end of. What seems to not of been mentioned though I guess irrelevant was the antics of the pony tailed one in the aftermath. Openly laughing at the Bycars and waving his arms frantically at the Swindon fans in a windmill motion.  He's simply an obnoxious guy who gets off on it. Apparently was up to a few antics at Mansfield too.

Coupled with Simpson laughing and grinning like a Cheshire cat at the red card it was definitely a case of job done. 

Unfortunately the pillock in our goal fell Hook line and sinker for it. 

I'm choosing not to go back too many pages on here, scared what I will see. My take on it is, definite red, Cov knew what he was doing, McKirdy in the situation has done nothing wrong, the way he ran at the keeper is no different to what you see in pretty much every game of football, if he was playing for your team and he was giving up, you'd be screaming at him to challenge for the ball.

Calls for him to never play in a Vale shirt again are absolutely mental talk. The typical knee-jerk reactions from Vale fans I've come to expect but always disappointed when I see. There is zero chance Clarke will sell him so why people are even speculating or even thinking it should happen is ludicrous. He's the best goalkeeper we have and do they honestly think we are going to find and secure a new player this month?

I understand that people get frustrated and they say things to vent, but this sort of talk causes unnecessary boat rocking, counter-productive to our aim of getting out of this league. He won't be the last Vale player to make an error like this. Let Clarke deal with it and focus on Salford.

Archived