onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, LancyTony said:

You're as likely to look "leggy" after not playing for a while, as playing regularly. I just meant he looked weary - as Wilson did. Maybe both need a rest and rehab for  another week? Just watched the replay of the Covolan incident - never a penalty for me! His leg comes out in 2 phases - the first is knee up, as hundreds of keepers do. The second, when he sees McKirdy is about to jump into him - unnecessarily, and the leg extends to prevent that. If anything - yellow for McKirdy! Watch it again - there is a distinct but tiny pause between the knee up, and the leg extending when Cov sees McK jumping into him.

Yes when a skinny small lad is running towards you in a contact sport, the first instinct is to stud him in the stomach. Very rationally and normal thing to do. Every keeper does it!

You can't seriously be arguing that this was a move of self-defence!!!!!! Come on!

Sorry folks I've lost my head here. Proper wound up. Can't believe what I've read. 

We all love Vale but please try and view this from a neutral's perspective and realise you're all talking utter nonsense. If a Swindon player did this to our forward there would be hell up.

2 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

I sit in the Railway Stand about level with the 18 yard line Bycars End, I said straight away Covolan was off and it's a penalty although I think I was the only one in the Railway that thought that.
My own opinion of Covolan is that he thinks he's allowed to get away with his antics, but he's being found out more than not.
Great save early on, but that's what he's paid for. He needs to learn, and learn fast.

You must have been sat close to me. I thought exactly the same. 
whilst everyone around me was chatting for McKirdy to be sent off, I was convinced the only one in trouble was Cov. 

1 hour ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

Whilst I appreciate it is all about opinions I think you have to be seriously one-eyed to think either that it was not a straight red card or that McKirdy was somehow guilty of something.

Call me one eyed Willy😂

I’d also like to say it’s very unfair to say 3 reds. Pre season never a red. Second red wasn’t anything aggressive, just him arsing round with the ball at the back and losing it, which he’s learnt his lesson from. So for me it’s his first aggressive red. Doesn’t excuse him. But he deserves another chance. It’s Stone’s place to lose, but I’m not writing Covolan off by any means and I hope he’s able to be a good keeper for Vale.

4 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I think you are right mckirdy is the one who should have being booked  Covalan dives to the floor what's he supposed do change the direction he is falling ,when you are in the air looks to me like Mckirdys deliberately lay under where he falls .

You be sending every goalie off if that's the case a terrible decision I'd throw myself under a boot if it meant getting a player sent off .

Cheating git see in the play offs Mckirdy where the up to match speed Vale turn up .

You will not have it so easy again 

Sorry that’s just wrong. What do you mean whats Covolan supposed to do? Maybe not kung fu kick Mckirdy? Even Dc has said it was a red? There’s no debate here it was a shocking challenge and one of the most obvious reds I’ve ever seen. 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Sorry folks I've lost my head here. Proper wound up. Can't believe what I've read. 

We all love Vale but please try and view this from a neutral's perspective and realise you're all talking utter nonsense. If a Swindon player did this to our forward there would be hell up.

There might be hell up with a valid reason. 

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

Yes when a skinny small lad is running towards you in a contact sport, the first instinct is to stud him in the stomach. Very rationally and normal thing to do. Every keeper does it!

You can't seriously be arguing that this was a move of self-defence!!!!!! Come on!

Wouldn't matter if it were the shortest-arsed footballer on the planet - if he's jumping at you you don't know what part of you his studs are going to rake? McKirdy was in the wrong for jumping at the keeper who had the ball under control! In that split-second Covolan made the decision he will regret...but i don't think he would have made it had McKirdy stayed grounded? I called it as I saw it on replay - no need to be such a smartarse about it!

Some time ago Dominic Calvert-Lewin changed his running trajectory to cross Dejan Lovren's path - Lovren's immediate reaction? To throw his arms out, instinctively, and push Calvert-Lewin out of the way...result? Penalty against Lovren for a purely defensive manouevre! It happens

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Where's the "neutral" perspective Joe? If anyone disagrees with you you take the piss out of them!

5 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Sorry that’s just wrong. What do you mean whats Covolan supposed to do? Maybe not kung fu kick Mckirdy? Even Dc has said it was a red? There’s no debate here it was a shocking challenge and one of the most obvious reds I’ve ever seen. 

It's gone wheres the VAR in league two. 

To be honest we deserved lose anyway I believe as I was not there cause I gave me lad me season ticket as had a stupid cough all week but he thought that the red card was given to the wrong player at the game what I cannot  understand is why he was diving in the first place just catch it .

Always dodgy things going on in Vale games hope theres nothing illegal going on like illegal betting because with going football for many years if I am being conned out of my money I will not be happy lets hope its all above board and legal and like me mate says players get envelopes with Win lose or draw in them and they have to do it so that someone makes money for nothing. 

Let's hope that's not the  case 

UTV 

Amazing people think McKirdy did anything wrong after watching the replay. He only followed the cross in for any spillages (which any decent striker would do) then clearly slows down before getting to the keeper at which point Covolan inexcusably swings a boot at him.

4 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

Amazing people think McKirdy did anything wrong after watching the replay. He only followed the cross in for any spillages (which any decent striker would do) then clearly slows down before getting to the keeper at which point Covolan inexcusably swings a boot at him.

If Covolan does nothing McKirdy was going to clatter him. Not excusing Covolan at all, but McKirdy was being dirty. He’d already caught the ball and then McKirdy was just going to jump into him.

Archived