onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

Potentially that's Covolans career in the EFL finished, he won't get back in our first team unless Stone is injured or crap.

Who else would take him knowing he's prone to gaffes like yesterday?

As this thread shows, he's not the first keeper who's been sent off for doing something daft and he won't be the last.

Advert

10 hours ago, soothsayer said:

I don’t know how Gibbo could be leggy in the Brentford game as he’d not played for a month. He may have been rusty as looked all the midfield yesterday. Wilson looks way off the pace as well.

You're as likely to look "leggy" after not playing for a while, as playing regularly. I just meant he looked weary - as Wilson did. Maybe both need a rest and rehab for  another week? Just watched the replay of the Covolan incident - never a penalty for me! His leg comes out in 2 phases - the first is knee up, as hundreds of keepers do. The second, when he sees McKirdy is about to jump into him - unnecessarily, and the leg extends to prevent that. If anything - yellow for McKirdy! Watch it again - there is a distinct but tiny pause between the knee up, and the leg extending when Cov sees McK jumping into him.

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Conrad we couldn’t see it from the half way line in RP and with Cov lying on the floor thought Mckirdy had done him. When he went to consult the liner, we thought Mckirdy was going, no one could believe it when Cov got sent off. Mckirdy didn’t try to get him sent off. At HT though some had seen it and stated the ref had got it right after the RP had a chorus of ‘ 2-1 to the referee’. I still haven’t seen it yet, but it sounds as though it was pre meditated. Any challenge in a keeper goes against the forward, so it was a disaster 

I was in the Bycars and we thought McKirdy was going to be sent off.

42 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

You're as likely to look "leggy" after not playing for a while, as playing regularly. I just meant he looked weary - as Wilson did. Maybe both need a rest and rehab for  another week? Just watched the replay of the Covolan incident - never a penalty for me! His leg comes out in 2 phases - the first is knee up, as hundreds of keepers do. The second, when he sees McKirdy is about to jump into him - unnecessarily, and the leg extends to prevent that. If anything - yellow for McKirdy! Watch it again - there is a distinct but tiny pause between the knee up, and the leg extending when Cov sees McK jumping into him.

It’s as blatant a red card and penalty as you will ever see, even DC said so. Whether he thinks Mckirdy is going to jump into him or not you can’t go in like that. It’s a red every day of the week. Just imagine if the opposition keeper did that to one of our players, I guarantee not one person would say it’s not a penalty / foul. As blatant as it gets. 

43 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

I think you are right mckirdy is the one who should have being booked  Covalan dives to the floor what's he supposed do change the direction he is falling ,when you are in the air looks to me like Mckirdys deliberately lay under where he falls .

You be sending every goalie off if that's the case a terrible decision I'd throw myself under a boot if it meant getting a player sent off .

Cheating git see in the play offs Mckirdy where the up to match speed Vale turn up .

You will not have it so easy again 

I was in the Bycars and we thought McKirdy was going to be sent off.
I sit in the Railway Stand about level with the 18 yard line Bycars End, I said straight away Covolan was off and it's a penalty although I think I was the only one in the Railway that thought that.
My own opinion of Covolan is that he thinks he's allowed to get away with his antics, but he's being found out more than not.
Great save early on, but that's what he's paid for. He needs to learn, and learn fast.

53 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

I think you are right mckirdy is the one who should have being booked  Covalan dives to the floor what's he supposed do change the direction he is falling ,when you are in the air looks to me like Mckirdys deliberately lay under where he falls .

You be sending every goalie off if that's the case a terrible decision I'd throw myself under a boot if it meant getting a player sent off .

Cheating git see in the play offs Mckirdy where the up to match speed Vale turn up .

I think you are looking at it through rose tinted specs - definite red for Covolan 99 times out of 100 ( the other 1 would be if ref and linesman didn’t see it) 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Definite red. I was level with it in the Lorne st. He kicked out into Mckirdeys body. There was just no need for it. 

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Jordan Pickford was sent off twice in four games when he was on loan at Bradford, one of which was against Vale!

Pickford was not even booked for a career threatening tackle on Virgil van Dijk. McKirdy should have been booked or sent off. 

51 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Definite red. I was level with it in the Lorne st. He kicked out into Mckirdeys body. There was just no need for it. 

We usually disagree on everything so not a problem if you think it was  red card offence I personally didn't feel it warranted anything and if Mckirdy was a man he would have just got back up not lay there making the situation look 100 times worse than it was if  you have ever played in goal do you feet not leave the ground so you will not be in full control of where you feet are heading .

Anyway it's gone what's done done .

UTV 

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading 😂

I suppose part of the beauty of football is the way in which we cease to be rational and will emotionally defend our boys to the hilt.

If you're honestly, seriously arguing that McKirdy was at fault/McKirdy should have had a yellow/it wasn't a penalty/it wasn't a red, then try and imagine their keeper doing it to Wilson.

You're deep into the emotional 'defend Vale' position. It's the most blatant, 100% clearcut red card I think I've ever seen. It's a nasty, intentional kick in the stomach.

Vale won't appeal it. Clarke criticised it post-match and didn't argue. It's a stonewall red card and every single person who isn't a Port Vale fan will agree.

Archived