onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

There was talk that maybe we needed to freshen things up and maybe DC might have something up his sleeve.

Without the benefit of hindsight, I said before the game that because Swindon played a 3-5-2 , I thought matching up formations would be the best way to go and that yesterday would be the wrong time to try a new system.

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Not trying to defend his stupid actions, but maybe Covolan saw McKirdy running in at him so stuck his foot out to save himself from getting taken out himself.

Wasnt at the game due to Covid but listened on the radio. Yatesy made a good point when he said that if Cov was worried about getting clattered he could have jumped up with his knees out in front of him. This would have protected him, done Mckirdy more damage if he had kept on coming and importantly Cov would have still been on the pitch. 

The old saying you have to be a bit mad to play in goal, you dont however have to be stupid.

The silly thing is I think if Covolan had just got up and kicked the ball up the pitch the ref would have played on. Rolling around play acting on the floor forced the ref to make a decision. I don't think the liner made the decision the ref probably asked him if he saw a reason not to give the keeper a red before making such a big decision. He wouldn't have had this option if the game hadn't stopped.

I think its a stone wall red. He went up thinking its an opportunity to leave one on mckirdy, mckirdy pulled out as he wasn't close enough to challenge so Cov followed him with his leg.

Silly decision that cost us an opportunity to make a game out of it 2nd half.

It was a brave decision by DC which backfired, to play the 2 new guys on the left, and with Harratt often being the player to run the channels in effect meant that we had 3 new signings covering the whole left side of the pitch.

A big part of our play this season has been cass and jones joining in the attack and being comfortable on the ball. Hall looked alright but not quite like Jones on the ball.

I think people have got a bit over excited. We look good but promotion isn't guaranteed. This year we have a better squad and have improved an awful lot off the pitch. We have had an injury crisis up front and are still in a position where if we win our games in hand we are in the automatic promotion places. We should be there or thereabouts come the end of the season even with the odd slip up.

18 minutes ago, Santa said:

There was talk that maybe we needed to freshen things up and maybe DC might have something up his sleeve.

Without the benefit of hindsight, I said before the game that because Swindon played a 3-5-2 , I thought matching up formations would be the best way to go and that yesterday would be the wrong time to try a new system.

I know what you're saying just think football in general gets caught up in this formation talk.

As the home team the onus is on us to let Swindon worry about us not the other way around. 

I just want to see our best players playing to give us the opportunity to win a game. 

For example Salford who cares if they play 4-3-3 , 5-1-2-3 or whatever,  it's what we do with a squad the envy of most League 2 clubs 

Once again there was 30 yards gap infront of Hussey all game. This has been a constant for whoever we play at left back as no midfielder attempts to fill that gap. Cass is not a defensive full back either. He is good going forward but lacking in defence. What has happened to Pett and Conlon? Absolute die both of them yesterday and frankly need a rest on the bench. Wilson got diddeley squat service but even so looked way, way off the pace. It's no wonder we lost with the above in mind!  However it was one game, we still have games and time to ressurect our season but honestly now we have to fight for a play off position. To dream that we can now secure top 3 is just that, a dream Reality.

Archived