onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Watched the sending off again on the highlights. What’s so annoying is, if Covolan just catches it, McKirdy gets booked at least, potentially sent off. He was very late and was going to just intentionally clatter Covolan. Instead Covolan boots him and we get the opposite result.

Advert

I find it odd that Clarke is known as someone who chops and changes players and formation. Yet for the majority of the season we have started with the same 352 formation and it’s failed us countless times at home. I guarantee, I’d we went in 1-1 Clarke changes like against Barrow and many other sides at home. He needs to be more flexible, 433 or 4231 blatantly fit this side. They get our best players onto the pitch. 

I know some and probably Clarke see Politic as a super sub, but we have to give him a run in the side from the start, he has quality and runs at players which defenders at this level hate, shown with mckirdy today. 

Screw needing a new winger / Cm or whoever else Clarke wanted. Go out and get a goalkeeper that isn’t an utter clown. I will say though, I don’t think Clarke’s constant swapping of the keepers is helping. 

What didn’t work for Mckirdy last season? We knew he had quality and at times he did really try but we never saw anything close to today / his recent form. I don’t think it will last and he will probably throw a hissy fit but he looked 100x the player we had. 

Late to the party tonight, and sure this has been said, but IFFFFFF we win our two games in hand...... We are back in automatic places. But I agree, today was poor, and I love Lucas, but what the funk was he thinking!!! We needed a Brad Walker in there today, we helped make Swindon look class today, which in fairness, with the restrictions on them, I take my hat off, very well done.

“Cancel his contract!!!” all over social media.

Yeah. Brilliant idea. Let’s spend an unbudgeted, unexpected many tens of thousands paying off his remaining 18 months to then leave us with one keeper. Carol will Iove that.  

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I find it odd that Clarke is known as someone who chops and changes players and formation. Yet for the majority of the season we have started with the same 352 formation and it’s failed us countless times at home. I guarantee, I’d we went in 1-1 Clarke changes like against Barrow and many other sides at home. He needs to be more flexible, 433 or 4231 blatantly fit this side. They get our best players onto the pitch. 

I know some and probably Clarke see Politic as a super sub, but we have to give him a run in the side from the start, he has quality and runs at players which defenders at this level hate, shown with mckirdy today. 

Screw needing a new winger / Cm or whoever else Clarke wanted. Go out and get a goalkeeper that isn’t an utter clown. I will say though, I don’t think Clarke’s constant swapping of the keepers is helping. 

What didn’t work for Mckirdy last season? We knew he had quality and at times he did really try but we never saw anything close to today / his recent form. I don’t think it will last and he will probably throw a hissy fit but he looked 100x the player we had. 

Think this could be the turning point system wise. I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t go 4-3-3 on Tuesday. From his interview it sounded like that’s what we would have done at HT. 

3 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

Late to the party tonight, and sure this has been said, but IFFFFFF we win our two games in hand...... We are back in automatic places. But I agree, today was poor, and I love Lucas, but what the funk was he thinking!!! We needed a Brad Walker in there today, we helped make Swindon look class today, which in fairness, with the restrictions on them, I take my hat off, very well done.

At the risk of being seen as negative, I just don’t see us getting into automatic places now. FGR will have one, Tranny to other and one of Mansfield or Swindle, and I wouldn’t fancy us against either of those if I’m honest. Frustrating because if you think of the points we’ve literally thrown away ( Sutton, Oldham) then the table would still look quite healthy.

2 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Think this could be the turning point system wise. I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t go 4-3-3 on Tuesday. From his interview it sounded like that’s what we would have done at HT. 

Yeah hopefully. It’s just frustrating we’re not setting up that way, especially at home, I just don’t see what playing an extra CB gains us, I’d much prefer an extra attacking player to have the ball rather than the opposition letting our 3rd CB have the ball. It’s not like we keep loads of clean sheets either. He’s changed it a few times at home this season at half time and it’s worked and I have no doubt he will have changed it today, and to be fair it should have been 1-1 so well in the game. Just needs to give it a go from the start IMO 

We were monumentally outplayed first half. Manager needed to react during the first half. They have had 17 shots 7 on target and we've had 3 with 1 on target. We have been analysed and teams know how to play against our formation. That said surely the players can adjust and observe someone has to mark Williams. He was the dude running their game.

I know it would never happen and I’ll probably get shot down, out of the midfield 3 If one were to be dropped I would chose Conlon. I don’t think he’s been at it for quite some time and never seems to perform in difficult games. Pett has been really consistent and Garrity for me has been one of our best players and offers a goal threat. Now we have Hussey, he will take the set pieces, I’m not saying to drop Conlon but if I had to chose of the 3 it would be him (would never happen before everyone kicks off especially as he’s captain) 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

I know it would never happen and I’ll probably get shot down, out of the midfield 3 If one were to be dropped I would chose Conlon. I don’t think he’s been at it for quite some time and never seems to perform in difficult games. Pett has been really consistent and Garrity for me has been one of our best players and offers a goal threat. Now we have Hussey, he will take the set pieces, I’m not saying to drop Conlon but if I had to chose of the 3 it would be him (would never happen before everyone kicks off especially as he’s captain) 

I agree in the team I put above your post it was Walker Pett Garrity but he's not dropping the captain is he. 

Garrity offers something different as he can break the lines with his energy but something has to give to get Walker back in.

I've made the point before Walker has had a few poor yellows when we are overran and lacks pace. I just see horses for courses he's an imposing figure and we need to be more resolute .

Think it was Joe who said 2 clean sheet in 13. We need to be harder to score against.  

28 minutes ago, Doha said:

“Cancel his contract!!!” all over social media.

Yeah. Brilliant idea. Let’s spend an unbudgeted, unexpected many tens of thousands paying off his remaining 18 months to then leave us with one keeper. Carol will Iove that.  

I’ve seen that and agree it’s ludicrous. Plus, he’s actually a good keeper. Stone should keep his place if he does well but we’d need a back up still. why cancel his contract that’s just silly.

Having said that, he’s probably on his last chance now, as Clarke alluded to in his interview. No more silliness.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Covolan has cost us 9 points?  When?

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Covolan has cost us 9 points?  When?

Three today, three when we got sent off at Northampton then numerous stuff ups at Stevenage saw us drop another two and then being charitable maybe one point in the loss at Sutton, although two of them were incredibly soft.

He is isn’t reliable, is far too inconsistent and yes his bowlers have led to points being dropped and ass kissers on here are deluded.

Saying, “oh you can’t say we would have got those points without his mistakes”, well you can say we would have had a much better chance without him getting sent off or not saving easy balls any Sunday league keeper could because he switched off. 

Archived