onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

Advert

You have to question if Covolan does actually learn from his moments.  I don't think he does and as such is more of a liability to a squad that is trying to get a promotion slot.  

Wonder what the take will be from DC and Flickers on this latest Covolan mad moment.  Cost Vale 3 points today.

Just now, PVFC764 said:

You have to question if Covolan does actually learn from his moments.  I don't think he does and as such is more of a liability to a squad that is trying to get a promotion slot.  

Wonder what the take will be from DC and Flickers on this latest Covolan mad moment.  Cost Vale 3 points today.

He quite clearly Dosent. Said this at the start of the season, it’s kind of excusable if he was 19/20 but he’s an experienced keeper. Blatantly obvious why he’s only played non league football

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

That's the key thing for me. Given the game situation he goes and does that, it's really unforgiveable. I actually gave him a pass for the Northampton one as it wasn't why we lost but today I'm afraid he is a huge reason. Doesn't give much confidence for future high pressure games such as if we end up in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Beech said:

What a shocking afternoon. Typical Vale, really. Whenever you really start to believe they always find a way to kick you where it hurts. I can take losing games but today has been appalling from minute one.

I was fully expecting us to regroup at half time as I saw that cross come in.  Then a moment of utter madness changes everything.

3 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I was fully expecting us to regroup at half time as I saw that cross come in.  The a moment of utter madness changes everything.

I think 11 vs 11 it would have been a different game second half, but they were much the better team in the first half it has to be said. We gave them far too much respect from the first minute.

Reality check here. Everyone crowing about what a brilliant squad we have, yet we turn in a Walsall-esque performance just when we couldn’t afford it. Still no convinced by the sending off even having seen the video, but that’s by the by, he’s a liability for us and I said before the game I didn’t really understand why Stone had been dropped. I can only assume they are hoping to sell Gibbo as Hussey had not impressed me, although the other two newbies have done well. The much lauded midfield has been the biggest concern and shown to be totally inferior to theirs, Williams ran the show. McKirdy frustratingly has also played well. Back to the drawing board DC as in this performance I don’t think we’ll reach the playoffs.

Covalan cost us any chance of winning today. Thoughtless challenge that he hoped to get away with.

But, on the balance of play, a win today would have been an absolute smash and grab. Big improvement needed and I agree with Fosse that maybe a little gelling time is needed.

Just as an aside, it's not that long ago we were talking about "beating teams like Mansfield". Hopefully this is a short term blip, but I am a little concerned right now about our promotion credentials.

Just now, Guppys left peg said:

That's the key thing for me. Given the game situation he goes and does that, it's really unforgiveable. I actually gave him a pass for the Northampton one as it wasn't why we lost but today I'm afraid he is a huge reason. Doesn't give much confidence for future high pressure games such as if we end up in the playoffs.

As someone who played as a goalie at a good level, you make mistakes, but not once did I do anything like that to a player.  The players must wonder what he will do in pressure games now.  Can we rely on him not to loose it.  In a few games he has been lucky when it is obvious that he has lost his cool and made mistakes and managed to get away with it. 

DC needs to have a serious chat with him and Flickers needs to have a good look at goal keepers with a steadier head if they can be brought in on loan or brought in.  Do we need to loan out Covolan to get him off the books.

I've said before and I'll continue to do so, we don't have someone in midfield that is physical enough. We have nice midfielders that look great when we're playing well and on top in games. What we miss and need is an Anthony Grant or an Anthony Griffiths type.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

As someone who played as a goalie at a good level, you make mistakes, but not once did I do anything like that to a player.  The players must wonder what he will do in pressure games now.  Can we rely on him not to loose it.  In a few games he has been lucky when it is obvious that he has lost his cool and made mistakes and managed to get away with it. 

DC needs to have a serious chat with him and Flickers needs to have a good look at goal keepers with a steadier head if they can be brought in on loan or brought in.  Do we need to loan out Covolan to get him off the books.

In short- yes

Well that's set me up for a lovely evening......what a dispiriting afternoon. We didn't look at the races from the start and I don't know why. We couldn't pass the ball, our touch was poor and we didn't compete. Hey ho what can you do? Mix in that absolutely diabolical piece of stupidity from Covolan and you've got the recipe for this performance....on to the next one.

2 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Well that's set me up for a lovely evening......what a dispiriting afternoon. We didn't look at the races from the start and I don't know why. We couldn't pass the ball, our touch was poor and we didn't compete. Hey ho what can you do? Mix in that absolutely diabolical piece of stupidity from Covolan and you've got the recipe for this performance....on to the next one.

Playing one game in a month or more prior to today and starting three debutants didn't help I don't think.

Massive game on Tuesday now where we need a response. I should imagine we'll also see at least a few changes.

Archived