onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

59 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Also ease Politic back to fitness after his long injury. Will be in a great position to judge him medically if signing him is an option.

He's been eased enough.  He's been here 4 months.  Must be chomping at the bit week after week .

Advert

35 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think the opposite, I think Wilson should start and then sub him after an hour. 

I agree there will be minimal changes from last week. My prediction is Hussey and Harrrat will start. 

Agree here. Get a feeling we will see a regular subbing of Wilson between 55 and 65 as per the beginning of the season. 

The formation hinges on whether Hall is comfortable in a back 4, because that gives us much more scope to change things around. If he has the heading ability of Legge but is quicker on his feet I think we go for that. Otherwise Woz and Politic have no natural role, Conlon gets pulled out of position etc.

If he had the heading ability of legge and was quicker on his feet I doubt he’d be in L2

I suspect he’s not as good as legge in the air but is quicker and better on the ball

Can only see Hall for Martin, but play on left with Smith back in middle.

Hussey for Gibbons who moves to right side and replaces Worrall.

Safest bet this one with plenty of options from the bench.

[ oh and Covolan back in goal ]

I personally would like to see Amoo out and Harratt or poss even Edmondson up front.

Amoo is not a front two player. Let the young lads have a go in their true position

Dont want to be too cautious, with this team i cannot see us doing that but we dont want to lose either,tomorrow or Tuesday.

As Joe B says a 4 3 3 formation really looks exciting but i cannot see this tomorrow, too soon.

Two massive games now to kickstart the season. Lets hope for two wins !!!

What a massive second half of season to go with everything to play for.

On and off the pitch it has never looked so good for many many years.

COME ON VALE

Kinda think it will start 3/5/2 with Cov back in goal and Cass/Smith/Hall as the back three....think with Worrall an injury doubt it will be Gibbons RWB and Hussey LWB....midfield Garritty/Pett/Conlon..upfront most probably Wilson to start and get an hour and somehow think with Proctor out then the natural replacement as target man will be Edmondson....then on the hour Garrity has run himself into the ground and Wilson to be rested the switch to 3/4/3 with super subs Politic and Harratt.

Word from their end is they've been hit by injury recalls and their form, bar Northampton which was a bit flukey, is not great.

Grant hasn't been playing as he went on international duty and then had to isolate for 10 days - their manager now referencing 'what goes on in training' in classic Grant fashion.

They've also lost their keeper to AFCON, and whilst the backup is good he can't pass the ball - key to what they do.

Simpson and McKirdy are threats but this is a game in which we can reset ourselves as top 3 contenders. 

11 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Word from their end is they've been hit by injury recalls and their form, bar Northampton which was a bit flukey, is not great.

Grant hasn't been playing as he went on international duty and then had to isolate for 10 days - their manager now referencing 'what goes on in training' in classic Grant fashion.

They've also lost their keeper to AFCON, and whilst the backup is good he can't pass the ball - key to what they do.

Simpson and McKirdy are threats but this is a game in which we can reset ourselves as top 3 contenders. 

I listened to their Swindon podcast The Presser on lunch for the Vale Preview, won 1 in 6, beaten by an in-form Mansfield in the week, because of their embargo they are struggling in the January window to bring players in as they are being outbid on wages etc.

McKirdy is a concern, scored something like 6 in 3 and will be fired up more than ever to notch. Will be an interesting game.

Talks about Vale from the 22:20 mark.

13 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hope they don’t mysteriously get a few covid cases and get it called off 

Swindon fan on facebook reckons their new loan CB from Crystal Palace is injured. O'Brien or something. Wearing one of those walker boot things.

I can see Garrity and Worrall starting tomorrow, non stop pressing from the off.

Its a great chance to get three points with their issues but we have to turn up and be on it from the off, hopefully they tire as well after Man City then a tough midweek game.

Dont get drawn into the McKirdy circus and focus on ourselves and we have a great chance of a rare double over Swindon... we owe them a few after our general record against them the past 15 years.

3 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Its a great chance to get three points with their issues but we have to turn up and be on it from the off, hopefully they tire as well after Man City then a tough midweek game.

Dont get drawn into the McKirdy circus and focus on ourselves and we have a great chance of a rare double over Swindon... we owe them a few after our general record against them the past 15 years.

I think that Mansfield is more relevant than City game after all it was played nearly 24 hours before we played Brentford. 

No team ought to be tired with all the postponements if they have continued training correctly which it seems like we have. 

Archived