onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Swindon Town

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Jones still banned mate that was 1st of 3 game ban 

Oh dear hope we not having play that defence again .

I hear there's a new signing in a min  hopefully a big commanding centre half who will block shots .

People need to stand up and do there jobs we have conceded far too many goals over the last how many years we need to keep the back door closed as we cannot be expected score 5 every game we lacked fibre on sat and thats what put us out the cup because attacking wise we have goals in us but if tge defence are dawdling and not going with there players then thats what happens  .

A scoreline of 1-4 occurs in a game where if you watched it today and we had a defence which didn't back off we could well have took it too pens but nevermind it was v prem club (blah blah blah )lers make sure that doesn't happen in home league 2 games .

UTV 

Advert

I hear there's a new signing in a min  hopefully a big commanding centre half who will block shots .
People need to stand up and do there jobs we have conceded far too many goals over the last how many years we need to keep the back door closed as we cannot be expected score 5 every game we lacked fibre on sat and thats what put us out the cup because attacking wise we have goals in us but if tge defence are dawdling and not going with there players then thats what happens  .
A scoreline of 1-4 occurs in a game where if you watched it today and we had a defence which didn't back off we could well have took it too pens but nevermind it was v prem club (blah blah blah )lers make sure that doesn't happen in home league 2 games .
UTV 
Backing off wasn't Bennings problem at least. It was keeping up and getting into position in the first place!

16 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Should be a cracker on sat .

Not Port Vale v Harry Mckirdy its Port Vale v Swindon Town one of our toughest home games of the season made harder by Swindons away form which is I am led to believe is decent .

Team well I hope we do not have to wait till the second half to show what we have got ,second half display v Brentford for the whole game v Swindon should be sufficient for the 3 points to be Vales and in view of the second half display I think the defence needs be changed and if our manager starts with the new 2 lads up front why not ,the way that new lad linked the play was very Proctor like a excellent acquisition to the club .

Amoo and Wilson did not deliver Saturday at all if anybody thinks they did they were not watching the same game as me ,it was to me how they played like a match fitness exercise fair enough in a friendly game or a kick about up the Marsh but come on professionally you gotta do better than what they produced .

Team well we will see Jones comes back in for sure .

Be interesting see who's coming in and who's going out this week a important time for PVFC still think that going forwards one of the best sides in the league defensively not a chance are we and unless we address play offs are  the best we can hope for .

UTV 

wrong on jones/mckirdy playful banter 

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Should be a cracker on sat .

Not Port Vale v Harry Mckirdy its Port Vale v Swindon Town one of our toughest home games of the season made harder by Swindons away form which is I am led to believe is decent .

Team well I hope we do not have to wait till the second half to show what we have got ,second half display v Brentford for the whole game v Swindon should be sufficient for the 3 points to be Vales and in view of the second half display I think the defence needs be changed and if our manager starts with the new 2 lads up front why not ,the way that new lad linked the play was very Proctor like a excellent acquisition to the club .

Amoo and Wilson did not deliver Saturday at all if anybody thinks they did they were not watching the same game as me ,it was to me how they played like a match fitness exercise fair enough in a friendly game or a kick about up the Marsh but come on professionally you gotta do better than what they produced .

Team well we will see Jones comes back in for sure .

Be interesting see who's coming in and who's going out this week a important time for PVFC still think that going forwards one of the best sides in the league defensively not a chance are we and unless we address play offs are  the best we can hope for .

UTV 

Harsh on Wilson considering it’s his first match back after a broken foot 

People need to stand up and do there jobs we have conceded far too many goals over the last how many years we need to keep the back door closed as we cannot be expected score 5 every game we lacked fibre on sat and thats what put us out the cup

We lacked fibre on Saturday...........Seriously ?

UTV 

You said it yourself, though - we're playing Swindon, not Brentford!

56 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Instead of a player who did eff all for us!

Besides scoring 4 in a game and, granted, a well taken goal against City, which is all in a space of a few weeks, people have only talked about him, when he had a hissy fit and went home before the reverse fixture. So he's gone from looney bin, to world beater over two games...

L2 is about consistency. Playing similar formations with similar personnel who have simple jobs to do and who know how to execute them time after time. How can DC, Swindon or anyone else build long-term consistency with players who don't have that mindset? What would be the point in Clarke spending time and effort choosing players who not only gel well together and all have the same professional approach, just to throw a McKirdy in to potentially disrupt everything? I'm not bothered about what Swindon, McKirdy or anyone else achieve, because I'm happy with the recruitment, long-term aims and stability we have. 

10 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

V interesting to see how DC will accommodate Gibbo, Hussey and Woz  in the same team.. exciting though! Especially if Woz is pushed higher up

Looking forward to it! Gibbons on his right side, Hussey has always looked solid when he's played against us and one of the complaints of the formation is Worrall is playing too deep, now we get to see him higher up hopefully which can only mean more attacks! 

Looking forward to it! Gibbons on his right side, Hussey has always looked solid when he's played against us and one of the complaints of the formation is Worrall is playing too deep, now we get to see him higher up hopefully which can only mean more attacks! 
IMHO, Gibbons has been much better on the left than he's ever been on the right

59 minutes ago, 1 said:

L2 is about consistency. Playing similar formations with similar personnel who have simple jobs to do and who know how to execute them time after time. How can DC, Swindon or anyone else build long-term consistency with players who don't have that mindset? What would be the point in Clarke spending time and effort choosing players who not only gel well together and all have the same professional approach, just to throw a McKirdy in to potentially disrupt everything? I'm not bothered about what Swindon, McKirdy or anyone else achieve, because I'm happy with the recruitment, long-term aims and stability we have. 

Long term consistency? We haven't had this much change in the squad since the Bruno days. Need a revolving door on the changing room to let the players in and out faster. Lol

Archived