Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

1 hour ago, melv said:

Or spend a small amount of money and get stewards that have the ability to organise the way queues go.Stewards that will help supporters to get in the correct queue for the turnstile they require 

oh thats so funny-😁😊😉:drink:

Advert:

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

This is why it's right that fans have a voice to constructively point out areas for improvement.

Carol is the best owner in the country but that doesn't mean certain things can't be pointed out. Never understood the 'no you can't suggest anything' view, especially with a Chairlady so excellent at getting things done. 

Most Vale fans are reasonable enough to know not everything can be sorted overnight, but there's a couple of things that could be done without large outlay. For me, buying 5 portable turnstiles as you'd get at a music festival, and then using them in lieu of an open gate for games where ticket sales are predicted to be 6k+ is a simple and fairly cost effective solution. 

Spot on but please sort out the Bycars tannoys as well,it's been long enough now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Conrad said:

I noticed there were a lot more in the Bycars yesterday,don’t know how full it looked from other parts of the ground.

It still looks pretty empty, gets worse the farther you go towards the Railway side of the stand.  Been like this since the bottom turnstiles were shut along with the tea bar at that end.  In fact the club are missing a trick with that tea bar, a) it should be open to reduce queues, at least as on Saturday, when a larger attendance is expected, and b) I’d think they could sell ale from there with a bit of work screening the pitch.

• Like 1

Why do the turnstile operators need to scan a ticket? Whatever happened to ripping off the stub ?
I'm not tech savvy, being of an age where pounds shillings and pence were the currency of the Realm, as I'm sure are many of the folk who use the Railway Stand/paddock.
The problem has persisted for quite some time now, and with regards the scanners being persistently troublesome what worries me is the thought that i believe Synectics are contracted to protect sensetive Government data.
They can't even scan my ticket !.
I think there are 2 pretty obvious reasons for this.

First to avoid forgeries. Modern equipment means that it would be pretty easy for someone with a £20 printer and a £30 2nd hand laptop to create indistinguishable forgeries.

Second and probably more important to allow people to purchase tickets without having to go to the ticket office.

Technology is definitely the way forward, but it needs to work.

I can't understand why they have so few turnstiles open. I realise there must be difficulties employing people to work for 30 minutes on 4 or 5 occasions when we are busy a season. However there mist be some people about that they could use. Perhaps use some of the academy players etc.

Also with regards to the time it takes to scan, you can see the turnstile operators manipulating their arms to try and get the scanner at the correct angle to scan. It is different every time. IIf they were fixed in position you would be able to work out which angle, zoom and distance to hold your code at.
  • Like 1

Advert:

32 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Spot on but please sort out the Bycars tannoys as well,it's been long enough now.

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s become so bad it may as well be switched off.  It used to be akin to listening to Norman Collier (younger readers may have to Google the name) but it’s way beyond that now.  It’s literally the odd high volume syllable interspersed with an occasional note of music.  It’s actually detracting from the pre-match experience.  It’s become a game, guess why fans in the other stands are clapping, or cheering, and then try to join in. Ah yes, they must be announcing the team, better randomly cheer and hope I get the timing right. 😳

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It still looks pretty empty, gets worse the farther you go towards the Railway side of the stand.  Been like this since the bottom turnstiles were shut along with the tea bar at that end.  In fact the club are missing a trick with that tea bar, a) it should be open to reduce queues, at least as on Saturday, when a larger attendance is expected, and b) I’d think they could sell ale from there with a bit of work screening the pitch.

I sit behind the goal towards the back of the stand.

12 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s become so bad it may as well be switched off.  It used to be akin to listening to Norman Collier (younger readers may have to Google the name) but it’s way beyond that now.  It’s literally the odd high volume syllable interspersed with an occasional note of music.  It’s actually detracting from the pre-match experience.  It’s become a game, guess why fans in the other stands are clapping, or cheering, and then try to join in. Ah yes, they must be announcing the team, better randomly cheer and hope I get the timing right. 😳

I know the stadium manager Steve to say ay up to. He's a good bloke.

On Saturday I nearly joined twitter to say never mind picking 30 songs for every home game on the tannoy playlist get thee sen up a ladder youth and sort it. 

It's diabolical in all seriousness but the one near where I sit is a scaffolding job it's so high up. 

Can never distinguish team news, subs or in fact anything  !! 

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

On the issue of 'picking songs', I'll also say that the pre-match music is abysmal and is the antithesis of atmosphere-generating.

If you notice probably 75 per cent of the time it's Steve. He's very much of the alternative genre of which some appeals to me but I totally get some folk thinking WTF 

• Like 2

Advert:

18 minutes ago, Joe B said:

On the issue of 'picking songs', I'll also say that the pre-match music is abysmal and is the antithesis of atmosphere-generating.

I agree, but that’s mainly because they haven’t asked me.

7 hours ago, Rocky said:

I don't have much to add to this as Joe has pretty much nailed it with his comments, but it did frustrate me when I saw the "I was in by 2:30pm, why couldn't you.." tweets. Not everyone queuing had been to the pub. A lot of people have commitments and don't have lots of free time to make it to the ground with plenty of time to spare.

The guy I sit next to in our Season Ticket seats works 6am-2pm and is rushing to get to the ground for 3pm. The scanners had broke, the queue wasn't moving 15 minutes before kick off, down where the barrier is because the scanner had broken. I honestly think if they hadn't gone down, pretty much everyone would have got in for 3pm. The people that have said "I walked in at 2:30pm no problem" you would have missed kick off too if the scanners stopped working earlier. The only thing that got us in at 3:15pm was a supporter opening the gates.

I love what Carol is doing and I feel so lucky that she is running the club, but there needs some organisation down that side. Even for the Paddock queuing on some match days by the shop it has confusing queues. Some are queuing for the ticket office, some are in line to get to the turnstile, Just have some barriers and remove them once everyone is through. That is definitely what was needed for the Railway Stand anyway, regardless of technology dying.

Good game though, see you Saturday. Up the Vale.

The only thing I can add to this is it was actually a steward who opened the exit gate I think to let one person in , it was obvious what was going to happen and first one fan pushed his way in then couple more with the steward trying on his own to force the gate back shut  then the rush of a few hundred , the stewards managed close the gate eventually still leaving fans outside ( myself included) . See you Saturday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, osprey said:

Maybe it’s not the scanners but the printers that are the issue??

maybe, but if that affects the ticket office issued ones (as mine was) too then we have problems!

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I sit behind the goal towards the back of the stand.

It’s too boisterous there for me, you’re like rabid animals in that section.  I like peace and quiet and a couple of empty rows to myself, somewhere I can eat my sandwiches without getting my flask knocked over. 😬

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I know the stadium manager Steve to say ay up to. He's a good bloke.

On Saturday I nearly joined twitter to say never mind picking 30 songs for every home game on the tannoy playlist get thee sen up a ladder youth and sort it. 

It's diabolical in all seriousness but the one near where I sit is a scaffolding job it's so high up. 

Can never distinguish team news, subs or in fact anything  !! 

I seem to remember Carol saying it was a major job to put right, so in all honesty I think we should cut the powers that be some slack on this one.  It does grate though.

Advert:

The only thing I can add to this is it was actually a steward who opened the exit gate I think to let one person in , it was obvious what was going to happen and first one fan pushed his way in then couple more with the steward trying on his own to force the gate back shut  then the rush of a few hundred , the stewards managed close the gate eventually still leaving fans outside ( myself included) . See you Saturday 
Regardless of how bad things were on the football clubs side of things those fans that forced their way through the gate should be ashamed of themselves. There is a reason why football fans get treated like crap by people outside of the football community and its people like them.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

You obviously don’t sit in the Bycars Joe.  They could turn the tannoy up full whack and play 20 minutes of someone dragging their fingernails down a blackboard whilst strangling a cat which was playing an out of tune fiddle and we’d be non the wiser.  The most annoying thing would be that we’d be aware that something was being played without having any idea whatsoever what it was.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, For Us All said:

I normally sit LS, where the tannoy is deafening. 2 cup games  , gone on the bycars,  cant tell a word they say.  My eyesight not being brilliant,  bbc sport website told me the substitutions 

• Like 1