onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

Ideally, we get an automated scanning system, like the one at the train station. They have it at my Danish club, Brondby, and there's never ever been an issue with them in all the time I can remember! The thing with electronics is, that the more steps there is from the base to the execution, the more things can go wrong! For one thing, the system at Brondby, isn't wireless. They're wired to the main computersystem, which makes them more stable. Wireless is smart, but also very unstable! I know it costs money, and maybe quite a bit, but on the other hand, you can do exactly what they do at the station; have 1 or 2 people at every 3-4 gates to help with customer service. But you don't have to have a person at each and every turnstile! In the photo, you can see the stand I normally use. There used to be 4 manned turnstiles, now there's 8 automatic with 2 people manning them. Win/win. A base in the middle, with a turnstile on either side and Bobs your uncle!

Unknown.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

They're wired to the main computersystem, which makes them more stable.

Nice. And proximity of the Railway turnstile area to the club shop might minimise the difficulty of doing this. Probably still not cheap in terms of initial outlay, and the measures mentioned in the club's reply are probably sufficient in the short-term, but this seems ideal as a long-term solution. Any idea of cost?

31 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Nice. And proximity of the Railway turnstile area to the club shop might minimise the difficulty of doing this. Probably still not cheap in terms of initial outlay, and the measures mentioned in the club's reply are probably sufficient in the short-term, but this seems ideal as a long-term solution. Any idea of cost?

I've tried google, and found quite a few sites based in the UK. But they're all not giving prices, just saying words like "affordable" 😅
But as you say, you have to speculate to accumulate. They might be an investment now, but I'm thinking they will pay for themselves over a few seasons.
Not that it's exactly the same, but the hybrid pitch at Old Trafford cost 1 million to establish, but have a warrantee of 10 years guaranteed. So that's 100k a year, for an immaculate pitch, for years and years. So as there's bound to be a warrantee on the turnstile systems as well, I'm thinking 2 or 3 years, all the teething issues should be well out of sight, at that point.

59 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Tip of the hat to the club on this one, we couldn’t really ask for a quicker response.  Hopefully this’ll be the end of the matter.  Now what about the queue at the Bycars tea bar Carol?  Implausible I know but I’m sure there were more fans in that queue on Saturday than were actually sat in the stand. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Tip of the hat to the club on this one, we couldn’t really ask for a quicker response.  Hopefully this’ll be the end of the matter.  Now what about the queue at the Bycars tea bar Carol?  Implausible I know but I’m sure there were more fans in that queue on Saturday than were actually sat in the stand. 🤔

Funny you mentioned that,  when I walked in I assumed it was free as the queue was so massive 🤣

On 11/01/2022 at 17:01, Clayts said:

Long term it would cut down on costs of having someone to man the turnstiles.Less staff needed.

Archived