onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

On the issue of 'picking songs', I'll also say that the pre-match music is abysmal and is the antithesis of atmosphere-generating.

If you notice probably 75 per cent of the time it's Steve. He's very much of the alternative genre of which some appeals to me but I totally get some folk thinking WTF 

Advert

7 hours ago, Rocky said:

I don't have much to add to this as Joe has pretty much nailed it with his comments, but it did frustrate me when I saw the "I was in by 2:30pm, why couldn't you.." tweets. Not everyone queuing had been to the pub. A lot of people have commitments and don't have lots of free time to make it to the ground with plenty of time to spare.

The guy I sit next to in our Season Ticket seats works 6am-2pm and is rushing to get to the ground for 3pm. The scanners had broke, the queue wasn't moving 15 minutes before kick off, down where the barrier is because the scanner had broken. I honestly think if they hadn't gone down, pretty much everyone would have got in for 3pm. The people that have said "I walked in at 2:30pm no problem" you would have missed kick off too if the scanners stopped working earlier. The only thing that got us in at 3:15pm was a supporter opening the gates.

I love what Carol is doing and I feel so lucky that she is running the club, but there needs some organisation down that side. Even for the Paddock queuing on some match days by the shop it has confusing queues. Some are queuing for the ticket office, some are in line to get to the turnstile, Just have some barriers and remove them once everyone is through. That is definitely what was needed for the Railway Stand anyway, regardless of technology dying.

Good game though, see you Saturday. Up the Vale.

The only thing I can add to this is it was actually a steward who opened the exit gate I think to let one person in , it was obvious what was going to happen and first one fan pushed his way in then couple more with the steward trying on his own to force the gate back shut  then the rush of a few hundred , the stewards managed close the gate eventually still leaving fans outside ( myself included) . See you Saturday 

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

I sit behind the goal towards the back of the stand.

It’s too boisterous there for me, you’re like rabid animals in that section.  I like peace and quiet and a couple of empty rows to myself, somewhere I can eat my sandwiches without getting my flask knocked over. 😬

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I know the stadium manager Steve to say ay up to. He's a good bloke.

On Saturday I nearly joined twitter to say never mind picking 30 songs for every home game on the tannoy playlist get thee sen up a ladder youth and sort it. 

It's diabolical in all seriousness but the one near where I sit is a scaffolding job it's so high up. 

Can never distinguish team news, subs or in fact anything  !! 

I seem to remember Carol saying it was a major job to put right, so in all honesty I think we should cut the powers that be some slack on this one.  It does grate though.

The only thing I can add to this is it was actually a steward who opened the exit gate I think to let one person in , it was obvious what was going to happen and first one fan pushed his way in then couple more with the steward trying on his own to force the gate back shut  then the rush of a few hundred , the stewards managed close the gate eventually still leaving fans outside ( myself included) . See you Saturday 
Regardless of how bad things were on the football clubs side of things those fans that forced their way through the gate should be ashamed of themselves. There is a reason why football fans get treated like crap by people outside of the football community and its people like them.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

On the issue of 'picking songs', I'll also say that the pre-match music is abysmal and is the antithesis of atmosphere-generating.

You obviously don’t sit in the Bycars Joe.  They could turn the tannoy up full whack and play 20 minutes of someone dragging their fingernails down a blackboard whilst strangling a cat which was playing an out of tune fiddle and we’d be non the wiser.  The most annoying thing would be that we’d be aware that something was being played without having any idea whatsoever what it was.

10 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

I normally sit LS, where the tannoy is deafening. 2 cup games  , gone on the bycars,  cant tell a word they say.  My eyesight not being brilliant,  bbc sport website told me the substitutions 

It might be more comfortable if the speakers were switched off?

15 hours ago, bertiepee said:

bring a key

Archived