onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

On 09/01/2022 at 16:27, Rudgiesflatcap said:

Do we spend a fortune on better turnstiles, that allow spectators to turn up 5 minutes before the game starts. 
Or do we spend the money on better players? 
that’s a difficult choice in my opinion! Oh no changed my mind I’ll just leave the pub 15 minutes earlier. 

Or spend a small amount of money and get stewards that have the ability to organise the way queues go.Stewards that will help supporters to get in the correct queue for the turnstile they require 

Advert

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Geoff, I suppose it’s true what they say, regarding our stewards. You pay peanuts,...you know the rest. I think what I and others find frustrating is that we hear nothing from the club.

I’m not saying the club are paying peanuts because they’ll be paying a company who probably shove 50% of the money into their own sky rockets and pay the stewards the rest, I’d edge my bets that it isn’t minimum wage. I don’t suppose they’d need to be SIA badge holders either. 
It won’t be long before those in the RP, start chanting.

’What a waste of money’

for what most of them do i think they are overpaid! some of them are still at school.😄

19 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I used to use scanners at work and the more you used them it would drain the battery so wouldn't surprise me that if they go down its because the battery has gone or it needs charging up. 

19 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I used to use scanners at work and the more you used them it would drain the battery so wouldn't surprise me that if they go down its because the battery has gone or it needs charging up. 

are they that thick-really:board::drink:

1 hour ago, melv said:

Or spend a small amount of money and get stewards that have the ability to organise the way queues go.Stewards that will help supporters to get in the correct queue for the turnstile they require 

oh thats so funny-😁😊😉:drink:

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

This is why it's right that fans have a voice to constructively point out areas for improvement.

Carol is the best owner in the country but that doesn't mean certain things can't be pointed out. Never understood the 'no you can't suggest anything' view, especially with a Chairlady so excellent at getting things done. 

Most Vale fans are reasonable enough to know not everything can be sorted overnight, but there's a couple of things that could be done without large outlay. For me, buying 5 portable turnstiles as you'd get at a music festival, and then using them in lieu of an open gate for games where ticket sales are predicted to be 6k+ is a simple and fairly cost effective solution. 

Spot on but please sort out the Bycars tannoys as well,it's been long enough now.

21 hours ago, Conrad said:

I noticed there were a lot more in the Bycars yesterday,don’t know how full it looked from other parts of the ground.

It still looks pretty empty, gets worse the farther you go towards the Railway side of the stand.  Been like this since the bottom turnstiles were shut along with the tea bar at that end.  In fact the club are missing a trick with that tea bar, a) it should be open to reduce queues, at least as on Saturday, when a larger attendance is expected, and b) I’d think they could sell ale from there with a bit of work screening the pitch.

Why do the turnstile operators need to scan a ticket? Whatever happened to ripping off the stub ?
I'm not tech savvy, being of an age where pounds shillings and pence were the currency of the Realm, as I'm sure are many of the folk who use the Railway Stand/paddock.
The problem has persisted for quite some time now, and with regards the scanners being persistently troublesome what worries me is the thought that i believe Synectics are contracted to protect sensetive Government data.
They can't even scan my ticket !.
I think there are 2 pretty obvious reasons for this.

First to avoid forgeries. Modern equipment means that it would be pretty easy for someone with a £20 printer and a £30 2nd hand laptop to create indistinguishable forgeries.

Second and probably more important to allow people to purchase tickets without having to go to the ticket office.

Technology is definitely the way forward, but it needs to work.

I can't understand why they have so few turnstiles open. I realise there must be difficulties employing people to work for 30 minutes on 4 or 5 occasions when we are busy a season. However there mist be some people about that they could use. Perhaps use some of the academy players etc.

Also with regards to the time it takes to scan, you can see the turnstile operators manipulating their arms to try and get the scanner at the correct angle to scan. It is different every time. IIf they were fixed in position you would be able to work out which angle, zoom and distance to hold your code at.

32 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Spot on but please sort out the Bycars tannoys as well,it's been long enough now.

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s become so bad it may as well be switched off.  It used to be akin to listening to Norman Collier (younger readers may have to Google the name) but it’s way beyond that now.  It’s literally the odd high volume syllable interspersed with an occasional note of music.  It’s actually detracting from the pre-match experience.  It’s become a game, guess why fans in the other stands are clapping, or cheering, and then try to join in. Ah yes, they must be announcing the team, better randomly cheer and hope I get the timing right. 😳

19 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

It still looks pretty empty, gets worse the farther you go towards the Railway side of the stand.  Been like this since the bottom turnstiles were shut along with the tea bar at that end.  In fact the club are missing a trick with that tea bar, a) it should be open to reduce queues, at least as on Saturday, when a larger attendance is expected, and b) I’d think they could sell ale from there with a bit of work screening the pitch.

I sit behind the goal towards the back of the stand.

12 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Couldn’t agree more.

It’s become so bad it may as well be switched off.  It used to be akin to listening to Norman Collier (younger readers may have to Google the name) but it’s way beyond that now.  It’s literally the odd high volume syllable interspersed with an occasional note of music.  It’s actually detracting from the pre-match experience.  It’s become a game, guess why fans in the other stands are clapping, or cheering, and then try to join in. Ah yes, they must be announcing the team, better randomly cheer and hope I get the timing right. 😳

I know the stadium manager Steve to say ay up to. He's a good bloke.

On Saturday I nearly joined twitter to say never mind picking 30 songs for every home game on the tannoy playlist get thee sen up a ladder youth and sort it. 

It's diabolical in all seriousness but the one near where I sit is a scaffolding job it's so high up. 

Can never distinguish team news, subs or in fact anything  !! 

Archived