onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

17 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Why do the turnstile operators need to scan a ticket? Whatever happened to ripping off the stub ?
I'm not tech savvy, being of an age where pounds shillings and pence were the currency of the Realm, as I'm sure are many of the folk who use the Railway Stand/paddock.
The problem has persisted for quite some time now, and with regards the scanners being persistently troublesome what worries me is the thought that i believe Synectics are contracted to protect sensetive Government data.
They can't even scan my ticket !.

That's something I wondered mate. Simple really....just rip a stub off each ticket, takes seconds to do!

27 minutes ago, Rudgiesflatcap said:

The available bandwidth at half time in the railway paddock is almost none existent.

Installing some more wireless acccess points around the ground is a simple and cheap enough job.

5G actually works very well at VP even in a big crowd, might just be a technical thing with data bandwidth throughput but I suspect it's also because only a minority percentage of the crowd have upgraded their plans to it yet and are still on 4G and below, which gets absolutely maxed out at HT and is unusable a lot of the time.

I heard on the Ale pod last night btw that one of the lads was in a massive queue for the paddock with only 3 turnstiles open. Someone scouted ahead and there were only about 5 people in queues for the ST only turnstiles, the massive queue going well past the club shop was for the other.

Some stewards were standing nearby.

Doing absolutely bugger all other than just silently watching this chaos unfold, instead of directing people to just use the other turnstiles too to relieve the massive queue.

It's not hard is it Vale? Get a grip.

Fully agree with the 3 lads comments about the ticket office and concourses.

5:10 in

https://aleandthevale.podbean.com/

Just now, Doha said:

Well done Vale, that's all I wanted. Acknowledgement of the balls up and commitment to listening to us and keeping us in the loop of how it's going to get sorted out for next time.

Can't speak to it myself as was limited to watching on a stream this weekend but have seen the video of what it was like outside. Hopefully the club can use this positively and may just be something as simple as traffic management around the stadium to help with it. It's quite possible in April we will be playing our final home game against Newport in front of a sellout home crowd so if they can use any feedback to get it right for next time all is good I'd say.

21 minutes ago, Doha said:

Well done Vale, that's all I wanted. Acknowledgement of the balls up and commitment to listening to us and keeping us in the loop of how it's going to get sorted out for next time.

This is why it's right that fans have a voice to constructively point out areas for improvement.

Carol is the best owner in the country but that doesn't mean certain things can't be pointed out. Never understood the 'no you can't suggest anything' view, especially with a Chairlady so excellent at getting things done. 

Most Vale fans are reasonable enough to know not everything can be sorted overnight, but there's a couple of things that could be done without large outlay. For me, buying 5 portable turnstiles as you'd get at a music festival, and then using them in lieu of an open gate for games where ticket sales are predicted to be 6k+ is a simple and fairly cost effective solution. 

A 'review' is fine as long as it leads to action. Tranmere was 5 months ago yet nothing has changed.

- Sort out the scanners.

- Open all turnstiles possible.

- Have proactive stewarding/queue management.

I'm sure CCTV footage (if available) of hundreds of fans rushing the gates at 15:10 will certainly focus the mind.

24 minutes ago, Joe B said:

This is why it's right that fans have a voice to constructively point out areas for improvement.

Carol is the best owner in the country but that doesn't mean certain things can't be pointed out. Never understood the 'no you can't suggest anything' view, especially with a Chairlady so excellent at getting things done. 

Most Vale fans are reasonable enough to know not everything can be sorted overnight, but there's a couple of things that could be done without large outlay. For me, buying 5 portable turnstiles as you'd get at a music festival, and then using them in lieu of an open gate for games where ticket sales are predicted to be 6k+ is a simple and fairly cost effective solution. 

I don't have much to add to this as Joe has pretty much nailed it with his comments, but it did frustrate me when I saw the "I was in by 2:30pm, why couldn't you.." tweets. Not everyone queuing had been to the pub. A lot of people have commitments and don't have lots of free time to make it to the ground with plenty of time to spare.

The guy I sit next to in our Season Ticket seats works 6am-2pm and is rushing to get to the ground for 3pm. The scanners had broke, the queue wasn't moving 15 minutes before kick off, down where the barrier is because the scanner had broken. I honestly think if they hadn't gone down, pretty much everyone would have got in for 3pm. The people that have said "I walked in at 2:30pm no problem" you would have missed kick off too if the scanners stopped working earlier. The only thing that got us in at 3:15pm was a supporter opening the gates.

I love what Carol is doing and I feel so lucky that she is running the club, but there needs some organisation down that side. Even for the Paddock queuing on some match days by the shop it has confusing queues. Some are queuing for the ticket office, some are in line to get to the turnstile, Just have some barriers and remove them once everyone is through. That is definitely what was needed for the Railway Stand anyway, regardless of technology dying.

Good game though, see you Saturday. Up the Vale.

On 08/01/2022 at 20:13, Doha said:

A distinct lack of leadership was pretty obvious outside the railway in terms of how the club elected to manage ticket entry. Really poor, really bad customer experience, potential for disorder as people get aggrieved and a nightmare for the fans with medical issues who may be concerned about social distancing. 

Santa is spot on, someone with a remit to get stuff done actually needs to come out and check the reality on the coalface now and then. 

Absolutely agree--have we heard an official response from the club to this (continuing) problem? As a few people have commented; this isn't the first time this has happened.  So much positive about the club overall, but this is clearly a supervisory/management problem on match days and really needs senior management (Mr Garlick?) to remedy.

2 hours ago, Doha said:

I heard on the Ale pod last night btw that one of the lads was in a massive queue for the paddock with only 3 turnstiles open. Someone scouted ahead and there were only about 5 people in queues for the ST only turnstiles, the massive queue going well past the club shop was for the other.

Some stewards were standing nearby.

Doing absolutely bugger all other than just silently watching this chaos unfold, instead of directing people to just use the other turnstiles too to relieve the massive queue.

It's not hard is it Vale? Get a grip.

Fully agree with the 3 lads comments about the ticket office and concourses.

5:10 in

https://aleandthevale.podbean.com/

Doha, I wouldn’t have thought that only season ticket holders would have been able to use the turnstile normally used for season ticket holders for league games, as everyone had to buy a ticket for the FA Cup game. Just more confusion. I do like the fact that the owners are investing on the pitch instead of the ground, but they’ve invested a lot into the ground. In fact I’m not sure we’d have a ground that could get a safety certificate, if they hadn’t. I’m extremely frustrated with the long queues and as I said for Tranmere game got there early stood in the queue that didn’t move. Estimated it would be some 20-30 mins after kick off that I got into the ground so went home. It just seems a forgotten part of the ground. Perhaps if the club responded to our comments that would go some way to appeasing fans

28 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Doha, I wouldn’t have thought that only season ticket holders would have been able to use the turnstile normally used for season ticket holders for league games, as everyone had to buy a ticket for the FA Cup game. Just more confusion. I do like the fact that the owners are investing on the pitch instead of the ground, but they’ve invested a lot into the ground. In fact I’m not sure we’d have a ground that could get a safety certificate, if they hadn’t. I’m extremely frustrated with the long queues and as I said for Tranmere game got there early stood in the queue that didn’t move. Estimated it would be some 20-30 mins after kick off that I got into the ground so went home. It just seems a forgotten part of the ground. Perhaps if the club responded to our comments that would go some way to appeasing fans

crap organisation, shocking facilities, poor stewarding nothing changes!

29 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

crap organisation, shocking facilities, poor stewarding nothing changes!

Geoff, I suppose it’s true what they say, regarding our stewards. You pay peanuts,...you know the rest. I think what I and others find frustrating is that we hear nothing from the club.

I’m not saying the club are paying peanuts because they’ll be paying a company who probably shove 50% of the money into their own sky rockets and pay the stewards the rest, I’d edge my bets that it isn’t minimum wage. I don’t suppose they’d need to be SIA badge holders either. 
It won’t be long before those in the RP, start chanting.

’What a waste of money’

Archived