onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

54 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Just can't please some , we have had this problem for years 

The paddock in general isn't fit for purpose (in the modern era) but without massive investment it won't change,  some believe there is a bottomless pit of money 

while The Paddock is I agree a victim of it's age and turnstiles at the ends of a full length stand will never work well, when I finally got to a turnstile yesterday at 3.15pm the poor girl had to attempt to scan my ticket 7 or 8 times to finally get the green flash or tick or whatever it is that let me in behind me.  Tried to scan, pressed on the screen, tried to scan again, and repeat several times while I'm stood there still with hundreds wating to get in.  And this was a ticket not on a screen, or home printed but purchased at the ticket office last week, so the quality of the image shouldn't be the problem.  the pace through the turnstiles is a fraction if what it needs to be and that's the technology being employed, hopefully a much easier fix.  I felt for the turnstile operators and stewards....the system they've been given is crap and it causes them and us bigger problems on top of the stand not really having enough entry points.

Advert

3 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Phil, I understand you’re frustration and this problem was evident at the Sunderland game and even more so at the home game against Tranmere. This could have been due to the club not having all the turnstiles operating. The club did respond to this by opening another turnstile which eased the problem. I don’t know if any part of the turnstiles are listed and I’m intrigued as to what it’s got to do with the NCB, so if anyone knows can you post the reason, thank you.

if you say that the scanners weren’t working then ppl have had to pay fir the ticket to yesterday’s game, but what happens to the ten ticket card holders. It means they’ll be able to attend more than ten games and it won’t cost them any money. This obviously means the club will lose out, in the long run. My preference would to be to have them rebuilt out of the same old fashioned brick, I’ve little experience of the construction world but I think it may be referred to as London brick. Also make them one brick wider as in winter I layer up to the max so I’m not cold and it’s becoming a squeeze to get in, it’s an age thing not dietary. This will obviously benefit the club as ppl don’t  want to attend VP and be cold.

The ten card ticket will not count as the Brentford game was a cup match not a league match

1 hour ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Just can't please some , we have had this problem for years 

The paddock in general isn't fit for purpose (in the modern era) but without massive investment it won't change,  some believe there is a bottomless pit of money 

It don't take a lot of money to have stewards directing supporters which queue they need to get in to get to their turnstile.The queues for this game  were going all over the place and crossing at one point.There was also queues side by side going in opposite directions.This has happened before not just the Brentford game.

As I stated earlier, I was at the turnstile for the Railway Stand at 2:30pm. There was about eight or nine people ahead of me when I joined the queue. It took far too long to admit each individual person.

It took around three minutes for the ten people to get through that particular turnstile, meaning that, at that rate of entry, that turnstile had the capacity to let around 100 people into the ground between 2:30pm and 3pm.

I had a ticket, it was in perfect condition. It took the operator about 20 seconds to scan my ticket! 

So we either need to speed up the scanning of tickets or build and open around 80 turnstiles! 🙈

3 hours ago, Santa said:

"Please note, season ticket seats will be reserved until Friday 7th January. These will then become available on matchday."

Thanks for the clarification. tickets had been on sale for a long time before the game but they should have thought about the consequences of the likelihood of annoying a 'regular' by seemingy going back on what they put out. Having said that, if they'd have had that policy for a big away game, then none ST holders would have burned the place down waiting for us ST holders to stand back. Maybe found themselves with a few hundred ST seats un claimed, they must have thought ' bugger it'.

5 hours ago, Port Vale Paul said:

Why is it a joke, IMO it is only a joke if you turn up 5-10 mins before KO on a game that the majority knew would be an increase on normal match day numbers. I got there at my normal time 20 - 25 mins before KO about 6 in front of me in the que. Normal service will be resumed next Sat.

I got to the back of the queue with 20-25 minutes before kick off and missed the first few minutes. It’s not good enough and initial teething problems from moving to the scanning system should have been ironed out by now. 

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think the text says that it won’t matter about yesterday’s game. 

The main point that matters from yesterdays game.Is that lessons are learned and positive action taken so that the ticket scanning works better and Stewards do their job better and control / organise the queues.

Archived