onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

9 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Would be interesting to get the stadium manager to the next supporters club meeting or even on here for a Q&A. I also think someone, @robf possibly, should alert Tideswell to this thread and ensure those upstairs are aware. Been going on far too long now and hopefully gates will only increase as we get closer to the end of the season 

Perhaps an idea to Tweet Carol, others have mentioned it on there and there is an ongoing thread. Yeah I'm sure Carol doesn't want tagging in everything, however she will want fans to have the best experience possible so I'm sure she will welcome feedback.

Advert

17 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

The operator couldn’t scan both mine or my friends ticket yesterday and just let us in. This took 3 times longer than had I paid by cash, so if this happens regularly then this will generate larger queues (this was 2 minutes after kick off).

Phil, I understand you’re frustration and this problem was evident at the Sunderland game and even more so at the home game against Tranmere. This could have been due to the club not having all the turnstiles operating. The club did respond to this by opening another turnstile which eased the problem. I don’t know if any part of the turnstiles are listed and I’m intrigued as to what it’s got to do with the NCB, so if anyone knows can you post the reason, thank you.

if you say that the scanners weren’t working then ppl have had to pay fir the ticket to yesterday’s game, but what happens to the ten ticket card holders. It means they’ll be able to attend more than ten games and it won’t cost them any money. This obviously means the club will lose out, in the long run. My preference would to be to have them rebuilt out of the same old fashioned brick, I’ve little experience of the construction world but I think it may be referred to as London brick. Also make them one brick wider as in winter I layer up to the max so I’m not cold and it’s becoming a squeeze to get in, it’s an age thing not dietary. This will obviously benefit the club as ppl don’t  want to attend VP and be cold.

I got there at 2.40 and was stood on hamil road in a huge queue that seemed to move at glacial pace. Really not good enough if we want to grow the club.

Luckily the people in front of me sent someone ahead and noticed the tiny queue at the season ticket turnstile so I managed to get in on time.

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I got there at 2.40 and was stood on hamil road in a huge queue that seemed to move at glacial pace. Really not good enough if we want to grow the club.

Luckily the people in front of me sent someone ahead and noticed the tiny queue at the season ticket turnstile so I managed to get in on time.

They mentioned that on the podcast so the main problem was the stewards not organising it better 

5 hours ago, dantheman said:

Shouldn’t matter though. If you sell on the day you sell on the day and should be prepared as such.

Needs to be something done. Shouldn’t matter what time you turn up. You should be able get in far easier. Don’t see those queues at big prem clubs. This is not an isolated incident this season either. Admittedly not normally that bad. 

if we are hoping/trying to increase the fan base than the whole day has to be a seamless event else all you do is create more reason for not going back. 

We are very well ran in a lot of ways now but getting into the ground is still a joke at times. 

Why is it a joke, IMO it is only a joke if you turn up 5-10 mins before KO on a game that the majority knew would be an increase on normal match day numbers. I got there at my normal time 20 - 25 mins before KO about 6 in front of me in the que. Normal service will be resumed next Sat.

13 hours ago, bertiepee said:

Another issue , I went to get my ticket on Friday morning for my season ticket seat in the railway stand only to be told sorry we have already sold that seat ticket to someone else online , and I know I’m not the only one this happened to Wouldn’t it be great if we could send these issues to someone at the club and they could be followed up 

Sorry but the Club did put out inf that any unclaimed ST seats would be on general sale from the monday before the game mate. I agree that the Paddock is not fit to allow a good crowd in within a propr timescale. My old bug bear is how you can't get to the bogs because there's a mass blockage of people trying to use the food outlet. that's been going on forever! Not beyond the wit of a successful tech company to put in modern turnstiles with no attendant and auto scanners like at e.g. Rotherham. That one seemingly permanently shut stile at the Railway Paddock should be a prime candidate for such a conversion. And for good measure it will be wider to allow for the fact that the population is no longer in a post war, food austerity situation like it was when the ground was built. That would end the walk of shame for some people to need to be let in at the big gate after getting their ticket scanned. And before you think me unkind, I have done just that myself, especially with three layers and the big coat on!

My Daughter brought me two tickets for yesterdays game as a xmas present in the bycars could not remember my flexi ten row and seat number the ticket office found my name and address but could not find my seat so sold her two tickets for the back row of the bycars the tickets where for season ticket holders seats like i said they sold these tickets before xmas.

21 minutes ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

Sorry but the Club did put out inf that any unclaimed ST seats would be on general sale from the monday before the game mate. I agree that the Paddock is not fit to allow a good crowd in within a propr timescale. My old bug bear is how you can't get to the bogs because there's a mass blockage of people trying to use the food outlet. that's been going on forever! Not beyond the wit of a successful tech company to put in modern turnstiles with no attendant and auto scanners like at e.g. Rotherham. That one seemingly permanently shut stile at the Railway Paddock should be a prime candidate for such a conversion. And for good measure it will be wider to allow for the fact that the population is no longer in a post war, food austerity situation like it was when the ground was built. That would end the walk of shame for some people to need to be let in at the big gate after getting their ticket scanned. And before you think me unkind, I have done just that myself, especially with three layers and the big coat on!

Big games always cause problems, it is bound to take longer for a larger crowd to pass through turnstiles built to deal with coins. Games would then be made all-ticket and sold in the weeks before not on the day. So roll-on swipe/contactless scanners and wider entrances.

30 minutes ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

Sorry but the Club did put out inf that any unclaimed ST seats would be on general sale from the monday before the game mate.

"Please note, season ticket seats will be reserved until Friday 7th January. These will then become available on matchday."

12 hours ago, blackdog said:

The Shanahans are becoming victims of their own success, yes I agree ticketing and access to the ground was a problem today and has been for some previous games, but lets remember the times, not that long ago if you turned up early you'd get a game never mind a seat to watch.

Carol, I am sure is aware of the problems and will sort them out, just like she has with the rest of the club that she inherited from whatsit and the previous incumbents who spent zilch on the infrastructure.

If todays game had been a relegation battle against Stevenage a few years back we would have been lucky to get 3.5k and you could have strolled up at 2.55pm and breezed in, I know it's frustrating but lets give Carol the chance to get it right. 

Just can't please some , we have had this problem for years 

The paddock in general isn't fit for purpose (in the modern era) but without massive investment it won't change,  some believe there is a bottomless pit of money 

1 hour ago, JAMO-IN-MEXICO said:

Sorry Jami but the club definitely put out  info that all season tickets seats would be held until Friday the day before the game and then go on general sale on Saturday.  On Friday afternoon the ground planner showed the lorne street completely sold out then on Saturday morning lots of seats became available 

Archived