onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile situation at the Railway Stand/Paddock.

fuzzyvalefan

21 minutes ago, bertiepee said:

Another issue , I went to get my ticket on Friday morning for my season ticket seat in the railway stand only to be told sorry we have already sold that seat ticket to someone else online , and I know I’m not the only one this happened to Wouldn’t it be great if we could send these issues to someone at the club and they could be followed up 

In fairness to the club here, people have had ages to buy tickets for today and ST seats were blocked for purchase. Waiting until the day before the game and then being surprised that the seat block deadline has been reached and the seat has become available is maybe a bit harsh. 

Advert

44 minutes ago, Doha said:

In fairness to the club here, people have had ages to buy tickets for today and ST seats were blocked for purchase. Waiting until the day before the game and then being surprised that the seat block deadline has been reached and the seat has become available is maybe a bit harsh. 

In fairness to the supporters who were told there tickets would be held until Friday and then it is sold before that date that is a little bit harsh on the season ticket holder I would say. And this particular supporter was waiting all the way up to Friday to be negative from a bout of Covid 

20 minutes ago, bertiepee said:

In fairness to the supporters who were told there tickets would be held until Friday and then it is sold before that date that is a little bit harsh on the season ticket holder I would say. And this particular supporter was waiting all the way up to Friday to be negative from a bout of Covid 

Was it sold before Friday or on the day of, the day they became available for sale, just before you went up? 

The Shanahans are becoming victims of their own success, yes I agree ticketing and access to the ground was a problem today and has been for some previous games, but lets remember the times, not that long ago if you turned up early you'd get a game never mind a seat to watch.

Carol, I am sure is aware of the problems and will sort them out, just like she has with the rest of the club that she inherited from whatsit and the previous incumbents who spent zilch on the infrastructure.

If todays game had been a relegation battle against Stevenage a few years back we would have been lucky to get 3.5k and you could have strolled up at 2.55pm and breezed in, I know it's frustrating but lets give Carol the chance to get it right. 

Would be interesting to get the stadium manager to the next supporters club meeting or even on here for a Q&A. I also think someone, @robf possibly, should alert Tideswell to this thread and ensure those upstairs are aware. Been going on far too long now and hopefully gates will only increase as we get closer to the end of the season 

A huge part of the problem was that the queues for the turnstiles went all over the place.There was no way of knowing which queue went to which turnstile.There were only two stewards by the Railway paddock / stand.They were not really doing anything to help the situation.It needs a steward somewhere telling fans which queue they need to get in to get to whichever turnstile.It has been like this a few times but not this bad.

37 minutes ago, blackdog said:

The Shanahans are becoming victims of their own success, yes I agree ticketing and access to the ground was a problem today and has been for some previous games, but lets remember the times, not that long ago if you turned up early you'd get a game never mind a seat to watch.

Carol, I am sure is aware of the problems and will sort them out, just like she has with the rest of the club that she inherited from whatsit and the previous incumbents who spent zilch on the infrastructure.

If todays game had been a relegation battle against Stevenage a few years back we would have been lucky to get 3.5k and you could have strolled up at 2.55pm and breezed in, I know it's frustrating but lets give Carol the chance to get it right. 

Which is exactly why I started this thread. If nobody says anything nothing will get done. It is an issue that needs addressing, particularly if we are hoping to progress and move up the leagues. 

The ticket entry system definitely puts some "walk up" supporters off. Those people that decide on the spur of the moment to nip up the Vale. 

I was there at the turnstiles at 2:30pm today. (Railway Stand) There were queues but the rate of entry was very slow considering the turnstile operator only has to scan a ticket and click the ticket holder in! 

Automated turnstiles are needed to scan or swipe your own ticket/phone/print out. Plus more of them than exist already! 

I'm surprised this issue in the corner of the Stand and Paddock hasn't been addressed yet. It's been highlighted numerous times but doesn't seem to have improved. 

7 hours ago, Doha said:

Shouldn’t matter though. If you sell on the day you sell on the day and should be prepared as such.

Needs to be something done. Shouldn’t matter what time you turn up. You should be able get in far easier. Don’t see those queues at big prem clubs. This is not an isolated incident this season either. Admittedly not normally that bad. 

if we are hoping/trying to increase the fan base than the whole day has to be a seamless event else all you do is create more reason for not going back. 

We are very well ran in a lot of ways now but getting into the ground is still a joke at times. 

When a season ticket/ card holder buys a match ticket for a cup match etc.Why not add it electronically to that card(a card that works)This would then mean that this supporter doesn’t have to use their phone as a ticket for scanning 

Archived