onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

TV Adverts.

shian

Advert

Not a clue 

But I tell you what I get real pissed off with 

The amount of ads like pure cremation that are being rammed down our throats every 5 mins

When you get in your twilight years you don[t need reminding on such a regular basis

I have e already sorted mine

As an aside what sort of adds piss you off?

Bering in mind if anyone knows the answer to the original question please reply

1 hour ago, LoveRapt said:

Not a clue 

But I tell you what I get real pissed off with 

The amount of ads like pure cremation that are being rammed down our throats every 5 mins

When you get in your twilight years you don[t need reminding on such a regular basis

I have e already sorted mine

As an aside what sort of adds piss you off?

Bering in mind if anyone knows the answer to the original question please reply

Can't stand the Bet 365 one with all the lardy red and white striped shirts in them obviously!

Other than that, the Calgon one really gets my goat. The dubbing is awful - surely if you are going to use an ad recorded in a different language and over dub it, at least try to cover it up a little!

.... sometimes, I sit and watch the ads without the sound on and pass the time trying to guess what the (new) ad is for . Often, the ad has nothing to do with the product, though of course they are very woke, diverse, childish and seemingly have to include some element of dance !

I'd love to be the company owner who, when shown the preview of the ad, says "and which bunch of puerile idiots thought that this load of f***ing garbage would be a good ad for our product?"

Marc Jacobs; "Perfect perfect perfect..."

Marc Jacobs: "Daisy Daisy Daisy"

Top Cashback: strange little red/green knitted bird going "mmmmm??"

Gala Spins, especially, but every single bloody Bingo ad!

Go Compare...Gio Compari got killed off once, because he was so loathed...so they brought him back and even  expanded his role to talking about himself!

EE - ok, Kevin - so EE's phones can shave a man on a mountainside; and land a plane - is that why they're so expensive? And, who needs that anyway?

I have a thing that any company who allows their marketing teams to present ads like these, above, deserves to be told "I wouldn't buy from a company that thinks these are acceptable""

There are many, many more - at one time, you could tell the nature of the business by its name...not anymore! So why the rise of weirdly-named businesses? Have they no shame? It's no surprise that the favourite ads are still older ones! 

I think most adverts are crap. I have reached the conclusion that if a company needs to try so hard to sell its product the product is crap.

One of the best adverts I can remember, for entertainment value, was baldy man in photo booth. Hamlet cigars I think.

One of the best adverts, from an advertising perspective, I've seen was for Benson & Hedges 

No smoking.... not even Benson & Hedges.

1 hour ago, KidsgroveVALE said:

All Peter Kays John Smiths adverts - Wardrobe monsters, Av it, top bombing etc

Should also link to the "Things that happen at a Vale game" thread - just occasionally, someone will shout "Av it" after a clearance. Always makes me smile! 🙂 

Archived