Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Advert:

The state of the pitch tomorrow and what it might mean in terms of risking players returning from injury will be interesting. Snow recently, sleet today, heavy rain tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIbmNmpWYAAW9oa?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

32 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Heard around 5k a couple of days ago. 

Think a lot will leave it until last minute before getting a ticket in case the game is called off, I’m looking to get mine today, left it until now as to see what happens. Disappointed if we don’t pull in over 9k tomorrow even with what is going on at the moment.

• Like 2

There were quite a few that turned up for the Bradford game to find no tickets available for the railway stand, my lads mate being one so Ihe went in the paddock and jumped up. I can see the same tomorrow which is why we have got tickets early...

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Well, they were never really that big a club were they? Probably a smaller club than Vale if it wasn’t for them being able to flog their expensive London land around Griffin Park to build a swanky new ground on cheaper waste land. 

When did the Vale play in the top tier, never mind finish 5th?

Advert:

It should be a good crowd, but it probably won’t be. We’ve not played at home in weeks, we’re doing well this season and it’s the 3rd round of the FA cup against a premier league side.

We haven’t pulled in a big crowd for ages now.

Posted (edited)

To be honest i think 1300 up to yet and pay on the day by Brentford is a very good following lets hope they have nothing to cheer, although i really like there manager Thomas Frank and what he said about the Vale and having go strong for tge game .

We have earnt that respect tomorrow we have to make his words true .

Our crowd are at times very passionate especially when we are the underdog it brings out the best in us .

Cannot wait till tomoz 24 hrs to go .

Tickets selling like eccles  cakes today one hopes and more importantly people doing there lateral flow tests and all being negative one hopes for each and all.

Those who are positive a quick recovery one hopes to you all .

Big game this I think pay on the day going be the biggest queue  for a very long time .

UTV 

Going put some hardcore trance on and get really pumped for tomoz 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, Doha said:

The state of the pitch tomorrow and what it might mean in terms of risking players returning from injury will be interesting. Snow recently, sleet today, heavy rain tomorrow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FIbmNmpWYAAW9oa?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Is that James Wilson with shorter hair ?

If so at least that's promising. 

Looking forward to the game but was disappointed when Friday morning I went to buy our four reserved season ticket seats only to be told sorry one of your tickets has been sold online and no seats free nearby .oh well the joys of being a vale fan . Come on you whites

Posted (edited)

How are we fixed for playing our new signings tomorrow.Are they cup tied.do we have permission from their parent club to play them?

Edited by melv

Advert:

6 minutes ago, melv said:

How are we fixed for playing our new signings tomorrow.Are they cup tied.do we have permission from their parent club to play them?

Edmonson is cup tied. So is Hussey. 

Not sure about the other lad re timescale but if eligible he can play . 

• Thanks 1