Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Posted (edited)

So I'm hearing lorne Streets sold out and expecting a massive queue for tickets tomoz and sat as folk have rightly held off from getting tickets with all Vales games being postponed lately .

It's getting closer be about 8500 there I reckon come sat not bad at all with what's going on lets hope the Vale contigent are bang up for it I am lets hope individually you all are .

The crowd can give the players the extra to win the tie its as much our responsibility give everything as it is the players  

Stand up if you love the Vale .

Gibbo to score for sure .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Breadwinner, why do you have to stand up if you love the Vale. If you didn’t love them surely you wouldn’t be there!!

Well I'm sure there will be people there sat who do not love the Vale but we appreciate there hard earned regardless .

It's a song we generally sing not as often any more but a song nonetheless. 

UTV you can sit and love the Vale ill be standing .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Only 1300?  Felt there would be a lot more than that coming?

Well, they were never really that big a club were they? Probably a smaller club than Vale if it wasn’t for them being able to flog their expensive London land around Griffin Park to build a swanky new ground on cheaper waste land. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t think they were given a big allocation, possibly to avoid us getting close to 10,000 and having to think about putting extra Covid stuff in place

Edited by Santa

10 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Well, they were never really that big a club were they? Probably a smaller club than Vale if it wasn’t for them being able to flog their expensive London land around Griffin Park to build a swanky new ground on cheaper waste land. 

It wasn't a straight swop - the new ground has cost £71m to date (that price doesn't include the cost of the land).

I think their rise is more to do with the good fortune of having an owner who's a fan and worth many millions and was able to clear their debts, fund an innovative "moneyball" approach and fund a new stadium. 

Bought ticket but can't go due to Covid-19 isolation. Important to avoid a heavy defeat by way of excellent effort and discipline. I think we are vulnerable in the air and Brentford are very strong at the far post. So please players at the back; don't stand there like lemons! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

Bought ticket but can't go due to Covid-19 isolation. Important to avoid a heavy defeat by way of excellent effort and discipline. I think we are vulnerable in the air and Brentford are very strong at the far post. So please players at the back; don't stand there like lemons! 

I'm gutted for you Warren and any other supporters who can't attend due to isolation and/or covid ill health.

37 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

As of 2 days ago - expecting closer to 1750.

I think thats a good effort for the size of club. Going to be great to see a biggish following in the away end rather than 1 coach and a taxi full.

Gives me something to shout at😀

• Like 1