Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Advert:

Bit harsh ' just scraped past Villa ' . It was a bloody good win .
As for the game I'll get my tin hat ready.
I'm treating this as an opportunity for game time in legs with a view to a huge game the week after v Swindon.  That game takes on massive proportions given the league table. 
Of course I don't want us to lose but because of all the games lost the result is almost irrelevant. 
Like I say I'll get my tin hat 

No tin hat required. Swindon game is much bigger!
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

And get the £84k prize money? 

Can’t see Brentford calling it off, they’re match fit and continued to play, whilst others have had their games postponed 

Edited by Playa Amodores

Not strictly to do with the match, but I'd like to say how impressed I was with Vale's online ticket booking system. I saw mine and my dad's seats for Saturday were greyed out - then that I needed to log in to my account as they will have been reserved automatically for season ticket holders.

Then when logged in, it highlighted mine and my dad's seats and let me book both tickets in the same order. Either I linked our accounts and forgot about it (in which case this whole post in nonsense) or they knew because we had the same surname that we're related and would want to book tickets together. Either way - very efficient and hassle free

• Like 3

Advert:

8 minutes ago, sheffield61 said:

Sorry for being a TADD off topic but the Bloater's are in meltdown on P&G  ATM .......🤣🤣💯💖

How good is it!!!????? Have a gander at the Bloatcake as well......🤣🤣......Happy Days!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

How good is it!!!????? Have a gander at the Bloatcake as well......🤣🤣......Happy Days!

Thanks but I've been doing that since PNE took the lead late doors......

My FEAR is they may sack the current incumbent.....

🤣🤣

Advert:

Was always going to be tough on Saturday, but having not played since December 11th I really think we're up against it. It's very very difficult to replicate match time through training & although I think we'll be as prepped as possible with DC at the helm, I don't think we'll be able to match Brentford even if they make some changes.

Seen lots of teams who've had breaks looking very sluggish, them lot down the road spring to mind & Northampton got tonked at the weekend.

Will still be great to get back in Vale Park & with the amount of home games we have coming up it would be good to put in a good performance.

The more I'm over thinking things the more a distraction this game is becoming in my eyes.

Sutton play Oldham and Tranmere play Scunny this weekend. Cobblers at home to Crawley. We could arguably be 7 points behind automatic this weekend. I'd rather be 7 clear than 3 games in hand.  Of course there could be a shock result to help us.

Let's get this out of the way and regardless of the result the action starts against Swindon the following week. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The more I'm over thinking things the more a distraction this game is becoming in my eyes.

Sutton play Oldham and Tranmere play Scunny this weekend. Cobblers at home to Crawley. We could arguably be 7 points behind automatic this weekend. I'd rather be 7 clear than 3 games in hand.  Of course there could be a shock result to help us.

Let's get this out of the way and regardless of the result the action starts against Swindon the following week. 

We would be that much behind with no games in hand if we hadn't had games called off atleast we have a chance now

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Its also a great chance to get some match fitness in the lads before the important games 

Advert:

Posted (edited)

I don't really get the whole 'points or games in hand' thing. The games need winning whenever they're played. Nothing changes, bar we've missed 4 games when we had no strikers. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

We would be that much behind with no games in hand if we hadn't had games called off atleast we have a chance now

Not feeling that at all. I think I'm right in saying that Exeter have lost 4 in a row. Salford and Rochdale are either decent or terrible .

So are you saying in your opinion we'd of lost every game? 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Not feeling that at all. I think I'm right in saying that Exeter have lost 4 in a row. Salford and Rochdale are either decent or terrible .

So are you saying in your opinion we'd of lost every game? 

Without a striker on the pitch its very tough not saying we would of lost every game but there is the possibility it could of happened and we would of deffo have dropped more points than we usually would if we played with more players available and the difference between play offs and automatic could be a couple of points so potentially not dropping them points could be the difference 

Edited by Vale1995