Jump to content

  • OVF player sponsorship 2022

    £10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Advert:


Small crowd, unfortunately, assuming it goes ahead.  And we've not played for 4 weeks and they've just scraped past Villa.  They could well field a weaker side. 

I think for the Vale, put out the strongest side we can, without taking unnecessary risks with people coming back from injury.  Use it as a "getting match sharp" exercise for the next league game, where 3 points is far more important. 

Happy New Year, all and UTV! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So wish we were going into this game with match fitness .

It's going take a lot of physical and mental strength win this game .

Looking forwards to it though .

Team heres mine injuries permitting .

        COVALAN 

Cass Smith Johnson 

Worrall Pett Conlon Garrity Gibbons 

        Amoo Rodney 

Think Amoo had a hamstring injury so his injury should be cleared up Rodney no idea what injury he picked up but he wasn't stretchered off so he should be OK play .

It's going be tough we need a great turnout from the casuals as I am sure the ones who went the first and second round ties (covid free )will be attending so thats minimum 5500 minimum  Vale then its how many Brentford are bringing .

Hoping for a 8k turnout at least and that's just Vale fans if not why not if you do not attend when a prem teams in town then when do you attend  

Be there and give it your all and let's see if we can miraculously get through with little to no match fitness .

My long weekend off these are the games we live for Port Vale taking 

on a side many many places above us in the footballing world .

We have nothing to lose and I expect us to play with  bravery and with intent. 

Anything is possible on our pudding off a pitch you know it and so do I 

 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is difficult to know how the attendance will be affected. There could be more there due to the football starvation we have had or there could be less with many covid stricken or isolating or mithered about getting it. I`m pretty sure it will go ahead as neither team wants further fixture congestion as the league is the priority to both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant make this one as self isolating at the moment, but I'd be surprised if there were many more than 7k in attendance. On the pitch, I think that they will have too much for our patched up side, but getting a game into our players will be helpful for our league campaign, which is far more important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Small crowd, unfortunately, assuming it goes ahead.  And we've not played for 4 weeks and they've just scraped past Villa.  They could well field a weaker side. 

I think for the Vale, put out the strongest side we can, without taking unnecessary risks with people coming back from injury.  Use it as a "getting match sharp" exercise for the next league game, where 3 points is far more important. 

Happy New Year, all and UTV! 

Happy New year .

What makes you think its going be  a small crowd I've just being up get 3 tickets and they say they are selling very well think Lorne Street nearly full paddock is filling nicely and away tickets selling well .

Build the buzz its not like we playing Stevenage with 87 fans there  is it   .

If you cannot take risks in a big cup game which financially could bring in thousands if we get through and we could its 11 v 11 nothing more then when can you 

In most cases games are won and lost before a balls kicked .

Brentford could have 71 per cent possession but not find a way for a goal we could have a free kick 25 yards out a minute go Conlon steps wild scenes in the paddock as the ball hits the net then next round we draw a money 💰 big one kerching .

I think that may happen and if thousands more do then the crowds going be very vocal in there support of the Vale .

Believe 

UTV 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Happy New year .

What makes you think its going be  a small crowd I've just being up get 3 tickets and they say they are selling very well think Lorne Street nearly full paddock is filling nicely and away tickets selling well .

Build the buzz its not like we playing Stevenage with 87 fans there  is it   .

If you cannot take risks in a big cup game which financially could bring in thousands if we get through and we could its 11 v 11 nothing more then when can you 

In most cases games are won and lost before a balls kicked .

Brentford could have 71 per cent possession but not find a way for a goal we could have a free kick 25 yards out a minute go Conlon steps wild scenes in the paddock as the ball hits the net then next round we draw a money 💰 big one kerching .

I think that may happen and if thousands more do then the crowds going be very vocal in there support of the Vale .

Believe 

UTV 

It's not that I don't believe, I do.  And I think we'll give them a good game.  My doubts on the crowd relate to Covid restrictions.  I'll be delighted to be proved wrong! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Premiership survival is EVERYTHING to Brentford, (and who can blame them really) so although they are well placed the moment, they will know that injuries and suspension can weaken their team and send them on a downward spiral pretty quickly. Their squad depth isn't great, though even their reserves will be a big test.  This is a free hit - if we play out of our skins with fresh legs against a weakened team, we are in with a shout. If they pick a strong team and we are rusty, we will lose, but at least we will have given players "time on the grass", and since our priority is getting players fit for the forthcoming fixture pile up, that will be part of the job done. If I were DC, I would be fielding the best team we have got, telling them to go for it, and hoping none of our fit players get a knock. Whatever the result, there are positives for Vale. 

Does that make me a happy clapper???

clapping-hands_1f44f.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good on the eye are Brentford and hopefully this will be an open game.

Much respect goes to this club who have gone from strength to strength since we beat them at the Millennium Stadium just over twenty years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


4 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Small crowd, unfortunately, assuming it goes ahead.  And we've not played for 4 weeks and they've just scraped past Villa.  They could well field a weaker side. 

I think for the Vale, put out the strongest side we can, without taking unnecessary risks with people coming back from injury.  Use it as a "getting match sharp" exercise for the next league game, where 3 points is far more important. 

Happy New Year, all and UTV! 

Bit harsh ' just scraped past Villa ' . It was a bloody good win .

As for the game I'll get my tin hat ready.

I'm treating this as an opportunity for game time in legs with a view to a huge game the week after v Swindon.  That game takes on massive proportions given the league table. 

Of course I don't want us to lose but because of all the games lost the result is almost irrelevant. 

Like I say I'll get my tin hat 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advert:


45 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Bit harsh ' just scraped past Villa ' . It was a bloody good win .

As for the game I'll get my tin hat ready.

I'm treating this as an opportunity for game time in legs with a view to a huge game the week after v Swindon.  That game takes on massive proportions given the league table. 

Of course I don't want us to lose but because of all the games lost the result is almost irrelevant. 

Like I say I'll get my tin hat 

I’m with you mate the Swindon game is far more important 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    • Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please - Contact us here
    • If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here
    • Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here
  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...