• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

8 minutes ago, vale@rocks said:

Diabolical remarks. Whatever your reasons for expressing such rubbish i really dont know. Clearly you like to make yourself look a fool because i doubt there is anybody on this forum who has an alternative view. this is to Valepopey.

Why do you rise to it?????

• Like 1

Advert:

Diabolical remarks. Whatever your reasons for expressing such rubbish i really dont know. Clearly you like to make yourself look a fool because i doubt there is anybody on this forum who has an alternative view. this is to Valepopey.
I blame the Tories the lack investment in care in the community is having a devastating effect
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great effort.  Didn't deserve that 4-1 but on a positive Northampton and Newport had shock defeats .

Let me give you my experience today in the Bycars. On my own today as son at work, sat in my season ticket seat.

First half an hour had to endure two ' fans ' behind me constantly berating Wilson. He's bone idle, no effort etc. Eventually I'd had enough and turned round to say give the lad leeway he hasn't kicked a ball barely for 8 weeks. Abuse followed,  including one getting incredibly aggressive screaming at me it's his JOB. 

They then continued with the criticism making sure I heard and quipped ' it's probably his first game '. This is directed at a bloke ( me ) who was in gale force torrential rain at Bristol the other week. 

They then tried intimidating me with constant jibes. Culminating in a cheer and an ' about time ' when Wilson was subbed. 

When we had that amazing 10 minute spell one quipped ' why didn't we do this first half ' . His stooge was straight in ' because that bone idle git Wilson was on ' . 

A really uncomfortable afternoon for me so thanks fellow ' fans '. I didn't move seats which was possibly their aim. An absolute pair of anchors . Who had I not faced a lifetime ban and court appearance would be arranging to see their dentist on Monday if I had my way. Folk on here who know me will testify that I would of as well.

I'll be there next week and against Salford too so if you are reading this I suggest you get behind every player and accept other opinions without such behaviour.  

Edited by darren1810
  • Like 5

We didn’t deserve that score line. Defo  lacking a bit of match practice 1st half but what a performance 2nd half!!

If we play like that the rest of the season we will blow this division away.

Advert:

41 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Ah well. I thought we were brilliant in the second half and will blow sides away playing like that, they were just too good up top once they made subs. Harratt looks like he will score some goals, so many positive to take into the league from this. 

Wozza was brilliant, first game back injury and he plays like that. What a player. 

That's good to hear and we can look forward to returning to league battles next week. With 2 or 3 games in hand over most sides around us, a couple of good wins and we'll be close to getting back into that top 3.

Posted (edited)

If Politic connects it's 2-2, though the way they were countering they were probably always running out winners.

Amoo and Wilson just off the pace which is understandable - Politic and Harratt looked far better with Garrity playing off them. Garrity has to be used as a forward.

Pinnock, Bidstrup, and Mbuemo are quite good at football.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bycarsbill said:

That's good to hear and we can look forward to returning to league battles next week. With 2 or 3 games in hand over most sides around us, a couple of good wins and we'll be close to getting back into that top 3.

Also Garrity particularly in that 10 minute spell where we mullered them was immense. Energy and pure ratmanship 

• Like 2

Advert:

Just now, darren1810 said:

Also Garrity particularly in that 10 minute spell where we mullered them was immense. Energy and pure ratmanship 

Plus the new young chap from Leeds. Many reasons for hope! Can't wait for that return to the league. 

I am sure I know who darren1810 is talking about.i have been on the end of their abuse . a friend of mine who never missed for 30 years now doesn’t go as he was threatened one game by these so called fans.you will never please some vale fans

37 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Someone (will not quote) said they put out a weakened team. Not according their forum. They reckoned they put out a strong side. Thought we had a good go second half and 1-4 flattered them. Woz was the best player on the pitch. 

The commentator (co -com Michael Brown) kept saying it was a strong BFC team despite them having 4 games in 14 days coming up

Advert:

Their quality showed all through the game, they'd always got a higher gear to go to.

Their ability to play on the break was impressive although it didn't help with Pett, the supposed defensive midfield player, out of position for their first 3 goals.  Garrity was awful again.

Worrall excellent again, dream debut for Harratt and great goal.

I heard word that turnstile issues led to many people forcing open a gate in the Railway? Would that explain the seemingly understated attendance?
Probably. They also let me in before that despite being unable to scan my eticket.