Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

1 minute ago, ginginator said:

Slow getting back for the 3rd and a daft "I will let you fall over my leg^ challenge. No thank you, at the moment but its up to him to improve to replace Gibbo

Never said he will replace Gibbo. 

Advert:

11 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

Our capacity must be a lot lower than we think it is or that attendance is incorrect.

The railway looks the fullest I’ve seen it in ages. 

Nah, while that’s true the away end is not even half full and while the railway looks full, the upper end is quite sparse mainly due to the fact you can’t see hardly any of the pitch from up there. Bycars looks barely better than a league game. 

Posted (edited)

Ah well. I thought we were brilliant in the second half and will blow sides away playing like that, they were just too good up top once they made subs. Harratt looks like he will score some goals, so many positive to take into the league from this. 

Wozza was brilliant, first game back injury and he plays like that. What a player. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 4

They're a great counter attacking side and we couldn't handle that part of the game. Gave a great effort though overall and could have easily been 2-2 at one point. We have more than enough to get out League Two, which is the most important thing. Wonderful to see Wilson back too.

• Like 1

Advert:

That’s a really harsh final score on us. Some of the football we played second half was absolutely superb. Proud of the team for that. Unfortunately any defensive errors will get punished against top flight teams that teams at our level won’t do.

Credit to Brentford though, a good club doing things the right way so wish them well.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Certainly haven’t embarrassed ourselves there… good work out and match fitness  into the legs.

Brilliant for Harratt, should give him some confidence!

League results have mainly gone out way too!

UTV

Edited by Iron Curtain

Good cup game that. Much better second half and well done to everyone who went. Incredible atmosphere/noise at VP. Especially when the goal went in. 

Sadly the difference between the league showed but considering we've missed a month of football and had many injuries, I'm proud of that performance. Play like that every week and sort out the defence and we'll get promoted.

I could watch politic and Worrall bombing it on the wings all day. Both class players and definitely need to be signed on for next season.

Bring on Swindon and that gobshite Mckirdy. UTV 

• Like 4

Advert:

Maybe harsh to say but Benning coming on cost us at the back with mistakes. Better when we got Worrall higher up the pitch and added politic higher up too, new lad looks to have some energy that looks like it will trouble teams. Second from the first whistle we pressed higher forcing them into mistakes, have them too much respect maybe first half. 

Well done Vale, good effort 2nd half. That said, defending left a lot to be desired, can’t give quality players the amount of space we did whether it’s premier league or league 2, just hope we can defend better for the real ‘big one’ next week.

Someone (will not quote) said they put out a weakened team. Not according their forum. They reckoned they put out a strong side. Thought we had a good go second half and 1-4 flattered them. Woz was the best player on the pitch. 

Posted (edited)

Diabolical remarks. Whatever your reasons for expressing such rubbish i really dont know. Clearly you like to make yourself look a fool because i doubt there is anybody on this forum who has an alternative view. this is to Valepopey.

Edited by vale@rocks
  • Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Someone (will not quote) said they put out a weakened team. Not according their forum. They reckoned they put out a strong side. Thought we had a good go second half and 1-4 flattered them. Woz was the best player on the pitch. 

They were missing a number of players that would start in the Premier League but still had a good side out. They have some excellent young players.

Very proud of Vale today. I think we looked rusty first half which was going to happen regardless of opposition given how long it has been. 

2nd half was great, we looked great going forward but Brentford showed that we still need a stronger defensive line.