onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Advert

10 hours ago, Hoppers said:

"apologies to those people we persuaded were in the wrong seats, when we were, in fact, on the wrong row! Oooops!!" hahahaha classic😁 - its a birthday you will remember for sure - sounds a great day mate 😁 

Thoroughly enjoyed it - we're talking of doing it again, on a more regular basis! I can't recommend the experience highly enough...and it didn't even feel cold!

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

We'll be with you, be with you, be with you.... until you're no longer in the Premier League and we get bored.

image.png.ec03ea30a97160a92a208e53b06630f6.png

FIqxxXYXMAULW6Z?format=jpg&name=large

I’m really struggling to understand yesterdays gate. The Railway holds, what, 7,500? That picture suggests it’s at least 3/4ers full, but let’s say 5,500. So you’re telling me there were only 1,400 between the Lorne St and Bycars??

6 hours ago, Joe B said:

We'll be with you, be with you, be with you.... until you're no longer in the Premier League and we get bored.

image.png.ec03ea30a97160a92a208e53b06630f6.png

FIqxxXYXMAULW6Z?format=jpg&name=large

So, Stoke were at home to a side two divisions below. Fair enough. But, if Vale had been at home in the third round to a side from National North or South (Kidderminster were still in the tournament), could you honestly say Vale would have a gate the same or lower?

I know who has the more loyal fans and it isn't Stoke.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

So, Stoke were at home to a side two divisions below. Fair enough. But, if Vale had been at home in the third round to a side from National North or South (Kidderminster were still in the tournament), could you honestly say Vale would have a gate the same or lower?

We certainly would have had more than 1,500, i.e. a quarter of our usual gate, that's for sure.

I for one would not have a problem if up top we play Harrett and Wilson v Swindon. Harrett looks if he has good distribution, in the are he seems strong in the air, he has pace to burn and he knows where the net is. For me he's a better option than Amooo as a striker. Hope he kicks on and shows us his full potential.

12 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m really struggling to understand yesterdays gate. The Railway holds, what, 7,500? That picture suggests it’s at least 3/4ers full, but let’s say 5,500. So you’re telling me there were only 1,400 between the Lorne St and Bycars??

I was looking at more in Lorne St, slightly more Bycars, 1,126 Brentford and 6K Railway. Would have been around 9,500 minimum. Could well have topped the 10,000 protocol rules. Tranmere was understated and there were considerably more Saturday. Reminded me of the old Bill Bell crowd days.

I was looking at more in Lorne St, slightly more Bycars, 1,126 Brentford and 6K Railway. Would have been around 9,500 minimum. Could well have topped the 10,000 protocol rules. Tranmere was understated and there were considerably more Saturday. Reminded me of the old Bill Bell crowd days.
Would not the tickets sold give a more accurate figure? Not like the old cash days of the Liverpool replay 43 000 plus.

I for one would not have a problem if up top we play Harrett and Wilson v Swindon. Harrett looks if he has good distribution, in the are he seems strong in the air, he has pace to burn and he knows where the net is. For me he's a better option than Amooo as a striker. Hope he kicks on and shows us his full potential.

Deffo a better option that Amoo, I thought he was largely anonymous during the game, along with our midfield 3 for large parts of the 1st half…

8 hours ago, pete vale said:

Now where did he put the biscuit tin? 🙂

21 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Thing is Stoke record attendances based on tickets sold, so for league games they include thousands who don’t attend whereby in cup games those who buy tickets will nearly always attend, no season ticket holders who don’t go so often. I would have it a guess Stokes average attendance is at least 4000 lower than they actually record. If Vale recorded all tickets sold for each game including none attending season ticket holders I reckon our average attendance would be at least 1500 more than what the club declares.

On 08/01/2022 at 14:39, PV1973 said:

Again you’re judging Gibbo and Garrity by the things they did or didn’t do creatively. Gibbo was excellent defensively and shouldn’t have gone off for Benning, Garrity playing higher up took the game to them, he won the ball back, made a nuisance of himself, pressured them into mistakes and when he got the ball he kept it to keep the pressure on them. Not everything a player does on the pitch is about what he creates in terms of chances or goals. Football is much more than that without the ball too. 

I'm questioning Garrity's performance today. If you read my post above it says, "Gibbo and Conlon did much more than Garrity with the ball at their feet" which IMHO they did, I expect at a bare minimum from all Vale players to keep their shape, organization, shadow, hussle, press etc and tackle when appropriate, and yes football is as much about what you do without the ball, Brentford gave us a clear example of that today, particularly 1st half. Gibbo was good defensively but he wasn't his usual self going forward.

Archived