onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

I’m going to go slightly off script here. We gave a good account of ourselves particularly for that period in the second half ( a few ifs buts and maybes in there if Garrity had the confidence to shoot rather than pass in a couple of situations and the one that hit the post had gone in) when we scored but I don’t think 4-1 particularly flattered them because they we so good at turning our loss of the ball in their half into a goal a few seconds later - absolutely ruthless. 
So, with all that said, it was a great workout to get us nearly up to speed after an enforced break, it was game time for a couple of players coming back from injury and I’d expect the analysis on Monday to be a really good learning experience for individual players. Also, it’s a few quid in the bank from a half decent cup run.

Finally, I don’t really watch the Premiership so that gap observed in practice was interesting. Reports seem to vary on how many first team regulars they played but I looked up a xouple of their players who’d impressed me the most. One of them was Bidstrup who I thought looked top end even in that team. It was interesting to see Frank gave him special mention and also that he’s been playing in their B team! Obviously, it’s easier to impress when the movementt around you is so good but I note he’s under 21 so wondered if he’s the sort of player we could tilt our hat at for a cheeky loan deal. Midfield isn’t an area of particular concern for us but a good player is a good player.

Advert

5 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I’m going to go slightly off script here. We gave a good account of ourselves particularly for that period in the second half ( a few ifs buts and maybes in there if Garrity had the confidence to shoot rather than pass in a couple of situations and the one that hit the post had gone in) when we scored but I don’t think 4-1 particularly flattered them because they we so good at turning our loss of the ball in their half into a goal a few seconds later - absolutely ruthless. 
So, with all that said, it was a great workout to get us nearly up to speed after an enforced break, it was game time for a couple of players coming back from injury and I’d expect the analysis on Monday to be a really good learning experience for individual players. Also, it’s a few quid in the bank from a half decent cup run.

Finally, I don’t really watch the Premiership so that gap observed in practice was interesting. Reports seem to vary on how many first team regulars they played but I looked up a xouple of their players who’d impressed me the most. One of them was Bidstrup who I thought looked top end even in that team. It was interesting to see Frank gave him special mention and also that he’s been playing in their B team! Obviously, it’s easier to impress when the movementt around you is so good but I note he’s under 21 so wondered if he’s the sort of player we could tilt our hat at for a cheeky loan deal. Midfield isn’t an area of particular concern for us but a good player is a good player.

I would guess he’d have to take a massive pay cut to drop down to league 2, can’t see it happening personally.

34 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

To be fair, with Bidstrup, there’s also the issue that if we’re not short in that area I’d rsther be playing and developing our own. I’m wondering if “B” means “reserves” I was interpretting it as third string. Anyway, food for thought.

Premier League B

32 minutes ago, Topher said:

Love all the Brentford fans saying yesterday was a nice reminder of where they've been and a part of their history. Trust me lads, it's gonna be your future as well. 

Mmm. Seen more than a few comments unironically calling themselves a big club. Interesting rewrite of history that.

The thing what got me about yesterday was how much better we played when the crowd was roaring like crazy in hindsight and hindsight after a game is usually when the picture becomes clearer ,if we started the game with the young lad from Huddersfield instead of Amoo or Wilson we would have won that game as he gave us a freshness what was required throughout the game.

Very encouraging would have liked see how we would have done with Jones instead of Martin /Smith .

I think the new lad and Wilson when he is up to speed is a very exciting prospect .

Mind you you gotta play Proctor and how's Rodney .

Surprised Legge wasn't in the xl yesterday is he off .

I think we need to work on blocking shots this week not standing there and doing nothing to stop the ball hitting the back of our net .

As the season goes that's one thing you look for .

The desire to put the  ball in the net may get us in the play offs but keeping the ball out of our net will put us in the top 3 .

Can we do it who knows but play like we did yesterday going forwards all game every game we have a chance but defending like yesterday will put us mid table for sure 

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just over 4000 Stoke fans at the game. Embarrassing club, I know it’s not exactly an attractive fixture for them, but just shows how many genuinely support the club and how many ‘fans’ turn out when they play United at home. <ovf censored> club 

75% genuinely pick and choose home games.

Some are defending today by saying 'it was a lower league team', like that is justification for 75% of them staying at home and not bothering.

In other news, they're turning on their manager again.

Archived