onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

One thing GLARINGLY obvious yesterday was that by playing Wozza in his rightful ATTACKING right sided position and we are a team to contend with. Please DC don't return him to the defensive role this season you've asked him to play. I accept Worrall's crosses need some attention but boy oh boy when he's in the mood to take on defenders then we have a player. Welcome back Wozza!

Advert

Positives from yesterday, with not playing for a month, it gave our players much needed game time ready to continue our promotion push.

teams around us in the league lost so we have an extra game in hand without losing any ground on them.

as for the game itself, the difference was just clinical finishing, wasn’t a 1-4 game and we didn’t disgrace ourselves, Brentford would have known they’d been in a game.

onwards and upwards.

Proud of the boys yesterday we didnt deserve to lose 4:1 at all but brentford shows what the mega bucks pays for in terms of quality finishing. 

on major positive was the new lad up top i know he scored but i was focusing on him quite a lot and he literally won 90% of his headers against mountains of premier league defenders. His movement off the ball also looked excellent he was making runs constantly and asking for the ball the whole time he was on. 

he looked a really good player from time he got on could be a really good bit of business that

Smith frustrated me yesterday.

Defended well but when we were going forward and the ball came to him we lost momentum because he kept passing it backwards.
At times player he was passing to was put under pressure forcing a hurried clearance. 

18 minutes ago, osprey said:

Smith frustrated me yesterday.

Defended well but when we were going forward and the ball came to him we lost momentum because he kept passing it backwards.
At times player he was passing to was put under pressure forcing a hurried clearance. 

good points but would add that if players in front of you arnt showing, then you have to go back

48 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Proud of the boys yesterday we didnt deserve to lose 4:1 at all but brentford shows what the mega bucks pays for in terms of quality finishing. 

on major positive was the new lad up top i know he scored but i was focusing on him quite a lot and he literally won 90% of his headers against mountains of premier league defenders. His movement off the ball also looked excellent he was making runs constantly and asking for the ball the whole time he was on. 

he looked a really good player from time he got on could be a really good bit of business that

I think Wrex made the point the other day that apparently both of the youngens we have on loan are on contracts for a long time at their respective clubs, so not sure about our prospects for full deals - but I agree he looks a right en 😁

I think Wrex made the point the other day that apparently both of the youngens we have on loan are on contracts for a long time at their respective clubs, so not sure about our prospects for full deals - but I agree he looks a right en 

He’s just signed 3.5 year contract

13 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Bycars has always been full of miserable gits. My biggest pet peeve in football especially at Vale is the odd twonk who does nothing better then spend a full 90 minutes slagging a player off. 

JMW , Amoo and Dodds all spring to mind. 

Convinced lockdown has made people more angry and more moany. 

Sorry to see you had to deal with these idiots. Same idiots that were probably loving Wilson when he scored a hat trick on the first round.

Well as I said mate managed to keep my lips sealed as long as possible.  As you said JMW and Dodds were savaged in the stands at times. 

The thing with Wilson is he's got a languid laid back style anyway, they literally wanted an all out oomph kick em approach. 

Interesting it was 0-1 when Wilson was subbed !! 

I think most of us appreciate Wilson, he gave a delightful ball inside the full back for Amoo and a couple of delightful lay offs. Was he great , of course not but the constant agenda and then second half trying to goad me again was pathetic. 

The treatment of Dodds on his ill fated return was terrible after all the contributions he made in the promotion season and beyond. 

12 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

I think Wrex made the point the other day that apparently both of the youngens we have on loan are on contracts for a long time at their respective clubs, so not sure about our prospects for full deals - but I agree he looks a right en 😁

Listen if we have no chance of signing him but he bangs in 10 goals between now and the end of the season and we go up will be an excellent short term signing

19 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

He’s just signed 3.5 year contract

Yes, he's obviously highly thought of.  We've done very well to get him. 

I think we might have more of a chance to keep Edmondson.  I think he'll struggle to become a PL Striker.  His stats in Leeds' U21s were excellent, he scored a lot of goals, and he's only 20.

Abiding memory for me? Watching a Premier League defence being hassled by the Vale attack and not even leaving anyone forward, and Brentford having to bring on their first team subs to take the game to Vale and avoid being overwhelmed. That and young Harratt's goal. Welcome to VP young man, and for as long you're here let's build a promotion platform. 

Archived