onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Thought Cass was excellent today. Everything good started with him. Garrity had a fantastic second half, his workrate is phenomenal. Anyone who didn't see what he brought knows nothing about football. New lad looked good, good couple of flick ons and good touch and took up some natural goalscoring positions.

At 2-1, they were panicking and kept giving the ball away. The difference was that they were so clinical in spite of very little attacking play second half. Their number 28 ran the show first half but once we got tighter he wasn't really in it second half. Play like that against league 2 teams and we would absolutely annihilate them.

Atmosphere second half was as good as it's been in years. Really enjoyed it.

Case was good apart from the abysmal re starts Vale do knocking it back to him before he proceeds to belt it into touch- surely we can work out a better routine from kick off 😄

Advert

4 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Great effort.  Didn't deserve that 4-1 but on a positive Northampton and Newport had shock defeats .

Let me give you my experience today in the Bycars. On my own today as son at work, sat in my season ticket seat.

First half an hour had to endure two ' fans ' behind me constantly berating Wilson. He's bone idle, no effort etc. Eventually I'd had enough and turned round to say give the lad leeway he hasn't kicked a ball barely for 8 weeks. Abuse followed,  including one getting incredibly aggressive screaming at me it's his JOB. 

They then continued with the criticism making sure I heard and quipped ' it's probably his first game '. This is directed at a bloke ( me ) who was in gale force torrential rain at Bristol the other week. 

They then tried intimidating me with constant jibes. Culminating in a cheer and an ' about time ' when Wilson was subbed. 

When we had that amazing 10 minute spell one quipped ' why didn't we do this first half ' . His stooge was straight in ' because that bone idle git Wilson was on ' . 

A really uncomfortable afternoon for me so thanks fellow ' fans '. I didn't move seats which was possibly their aim. An absolute pair of anchors . Who had I not faced a lifetime ban and court appearance would be arranging to see their dentist on Monday if I had my way. Folk on here who know me will testify that I would of as well.

I'll be there next week and against Salford too so if you are reading this I suggest you get behind every player and accept other opinions without such behaviour.  

Bycars has always been full of miserable gits. My biggest pet peeve in football especially at Vale is the odd twonk who does nothing better then spend a full 90 minutes slagging a player off. 

JMW , Amoo and Dodds all spring to mind. 

Convinced lockdown has made people more angry and more moany. 

Sorry to see you had to deal with these idiots. Same idiots that were probably loving Wilson when he scored a hat trick on the first round.

28 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Bycars has always been full of miserable gits. My biggest pet peeve in football especially at Vale is the odd twonk who does nothing better then spend a full 90 minutes slagging a player off. 

JMW , Amoo and Dodds all spring to mind. 

Convinced lockdown has made people more angry and more moany. 

Sorry to see you had to deal with these idiots. Same idiots that were probably loving Wilson when he scored a hat trick on the first round.

I like to sit all on my own some amidst the oceans of empty, seats near the edge of bycars - but I can still hear the crap that comes out of some mouths - it's an annoyance for sure but I always remember what the good book says about never arguing with an idiot because he will bring u down to his level and beat u on experience 😍😍🤣

Thoughts wow firstly what a tremendous second half display Garrity immense the new lad terrific Cass and Worrall superb linking down the  right ,so much good intent in our play I really enjoyed it I think it deserved a minimum 3 goals but wasn't meant to be .

Proud though I think there was a lot of magic about the Vale support today and the  players did themselves no harm at all .

Mbeumo is class I quite like Brentford they took there goals well the fourth a calamity of errors by the Vale at the back leading to a pen .

Not a day for criticism when you coming out the  ground buzzing after losing 4-1 knowing that maybe 2-3 would have being a fairer reflection folk would think your mad no not at all the Vale are a very entertaining go for it outfit and I think they will have learnt a lot from today's defeat .

The new lad wow brilliant and Dennis Politic sets up a goal and for those fans who didn't go went around the keeper then miskicked but after what he did at Burton he will not be getting grief of me .

Loved it 

UTV 

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

They're a Premier League team, Dave. I have no idea what you were expecting. You can't go at them for 90 minutes, otherwise they'd have carved us up on the break even more than they did and it'd be game over at HT. We were a slice of luck away from 2-2 in the 75th minute.

A shot, a few fouls, some slide tackle/fouls , some sleeves rolled up and get into them. 

First half was men against boys but in fairness we did in the main contain the threat, just annoyed their goal came from sloppy play and a break away.

Second half we were outstanding, the new lad and Politic really caused them problems, today convinces me we need to try and sign Politic permanent because he just looked comfortably playing even against a top flight side, his touch and ability to keep the ball. The way he teases their full back before the cross for the goal. Excellent.

Harratt looks lively, great goal will give him massive confidence and he really got stuck in physically despite being a smaller lad so looks really to test himself, excited to see how he does with us going forward.

Crowd excellent, loads of atmosphere and really in the main got behind the team.

4-1 flattered Brentford but we bring on a 19 year old for his debut and they throw on Mbeumo and Ivan Tony… size of the task was huge but can take massive heart from that.

Please indulge me as I'm not going straight to my thoughts on the game?

Today was a special day for me - my birthday was 28th Dec, and my present from Nick and Hayley, my kids, and Paighton and Zak, grandkids was to have the "posh" package - meal, VIP seats, etc...and it was fab! Thanks to the Vale backroom and catering staff - lovely meal; friendly faces all round and helpful staff...and a very decent house Malbec! Great view from our seats - apologies to those people we persuaded were in the wrong seats, when we were, in fact, on the wrong row! Oooops!! But a lovely day, and treat for me, and I shall experience this again! Shame about the result...

...so...to the game. And, let's be honest - if anyone tells you there is no difference between being "fit" and being "match fit" - they need to see a replay of our first half! The very definition of needing match fitness!

James Wilson was, understandably, knackered halfway through first half - <ovf censored> to the morons who were, apparently, hyper-critical of him I doubt whether he was due to playas long as he did? But he got game time which we needed for the League! None of our players looked "at it" in 1st half - not keen on Smithy on the L/H side; I thought Garrity was fairly anonymous, and too many players gave the ball away too cheaply! But, even at one down, I expected us to get back into the game...and at 2 - 0 down it gave us the kick up the jacksy we needed. It would have been justice for us to get the equaliser, and, if we had, I think we might have gone on to win? They certainly didn't handle us well in the half-hour we dominated, and I think we might have panicked them a little - but they're a good side, and a Team / Club we would do well to emulate as their rise has been built on  solid foundations, sensible transfer policies and hard work combined with not a little flair! I like them, and was pleased to hear a couple of Brentford fans praising us to Vale fans in the street!

So, so pleased for the new guy - and how delighted was he in his radio interview? Utterly chuffed and buzzing, and it was pleasing our professionalism swayed him to join us - I think he will contribute quite a bit before the end of the season - he won a lot in the air and took his goal well! Woz was (woz) outstanding in the 2nd half; Garrity had a much better second half and I thought Aiden Stone made some great saves. 

Not a disaster this, at all - and a very good workout for our assault on the League, where results have gone for us, pretty much. We need to regain the momentum we had before we lost the couple of games where the team was, basically, dragging itself through games, and we needed to get fresh bodies in, and others back to fitness. The future's bright - there are no Brentfords in our League, and we've beaten most of the teams around us. If the players want it - we will achieve it! 

Thanks for indulging me - UTV!!! 

Stone 6 a few saves maybe could have saved a few of there goals the ball seemed to ho past him too easily for me .

Cass 7 excellent going forwards defensively found wanting for first goal 

Martin 6 I thought he did OK first half second half the 2nd and 3rd goals I'd have to have a look at them again along with Smith made it too easy for them to score .

Smith 5 not his best game looked uncomfortable on the ball and seemed way off the pace has improved but bad day at the office for him .

Gibbons 6 never got going in a attacking sense defensively sound enough .

Worrall 8 brilliant second half display him and Cass and Garrity in my opinion along with Subs Politic and Harriet were the players today who stood out 

Garrity 7 at times this lad carries the fight I thought he was excellent at times certainly when we played well in that second half a lot of it was through his strong running .

He put a ball across the new lad should have buried he passed to someone who got themselves offside when he should have had a pop himself and he headed over when really he should have headed it on target but its effort and commitment which got him in those areas ge was brilliant  

Conlon 6 never really saw much of him game passed him by although the rare occasions he did get the ball he was pretty decent .

Pett 7 stepped it up second half thought he was good especially in that period where we scored ,should have scored and could really have put the cat amongst the pigeons at 2-2 .

Think he gave the ball away for first goal but having said that the defence were not asked that many questions today but managed concede 4 goals .

Wilson 6 did his best but wasn't up to match speed ,did he do anything of note in terms of unlocking the opposition No but he ran hard and did his best .

Amoo 6 same as Wilson 

Subs D Politic 7 sets up a goal should have scored the equaliser but somehow miskicked when the net was ready bulge as usual his cameo was greatly appreciated .

Harriet 8 scored a goal linked the play and looks a right player  

Crowd 8 out of 10 

The atmosphere was fantastic especially second half when we were at full tilt .

Enjoyed it just a bit disappointed in the manner of there goals ,in order to obtain promotion we need to defend and go with our players and be tight to them giving quality magnificent players like Mbeumo the space we have given him yesterday  is always going end in tears  

UTV 

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Also Garrity particularly in that 10 minute spell where we mullered them was immense. Energy and pure ratmanship 

pure ratmanship 

ratmanship 

Missed this post earlier. What a genuinely excellent word. Great work.

6 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Please indulge me as I'm not going straight to my thoughts on the game?

Today was a special day for me - my birthday was 28th Dec, and my present from Nick and Hayley, my kids, and Paighton and Zak, grandkids was to have the "posh" package - meal, VIP seats, etc...and it was fab! Thanks to the Vale backroom and catering staff - lovely meal; friendly faces all round and helpful staff...and a very decent house Malbec! Great view from our seats - apologies to those people we persuaded were in the wrong seats, when we were, in fact, on the wrong row! Oooops!! But a lovely day, and treat for me, and I shall experience this again! Shame about the result...

"apologies to those people we persuaded were in the wrong seats, when we were, in fact, on the wrong row! Oooops!!" hahahaha classic😁 - its a birthday you will remember for sure - sounds a great day mate 😁 

Archived