onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Their quality showed all through the game, they'd always got a higher gear to go to.

Their ability to play on the break was impressive although it didn't help with Pett, the supposed defensive midfield player, out of position for their first 3 goals.  Garrity was awful again.

Worrall excellent again, dream debut for Harratt and great goal.

Garrity awful. Again. !

It's all about opinions but really? !!!

Advert

Not read all the comments will do in morning with cup of coffee

Great effort vale proper enjoyed 2nd half great atmosphere aswell lads 

This young lad on loan looks the <ovf censored> great signing 

Can I just say what does amoo offer 

Up the vale 2nd half of the season is going be great 

Not read all the comments will do in morning with cup of coffee
Great effort vale proper enjoyed 2nd half great atmosphere aswell lads 
This young lad on loan looks the great signing 
Can I just say what does amoo offer 
Up the vale 2nd half of the season is going be great 
To be fair to him, he's playing out of position, but I agree he needs to offer a lot more even so.

Best for me today were Garrity, Worrall and Harries. Worst by far were Benning and Conlon. IMHO.

Really enjoyed that second half, and it bodes well for the return to league football next week. We're certainly not going to have to compete against players like Bidstrup and Mbuemo for the rest of the season!

17 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Gob. Smacked.

What did he do, was anonymous first half I doubt he touched the ball. Second half he put in one poor cross, he had a free header from a good position which he put tamely over the bar and that was about it.  Brentford passed the ball around him, he was chasing shadows all game.

2 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Doesn’t the gate state tickets sold ???

Even if the scanners turnstiles didn’t work it’s just tickets sold that matters

Attendance normally based on turnstiles etc ,But in the case of cup ties it is tickets sold as the money is split which will  include unused tickets

What did he do, was anonymous first half I doubt he touched the ball. Second half he put in one poor cross, he had a free header from a good position which he put tamely over the bar and that was about it.  Brentford passed the ball around him, he was chasing shadows all game.
I don't know what you were watching but it wasn't the same game as me mate. Brentford passed the ball around every one of our players today, in the first half, yet you've singled out Garrity? Sorry, not having it. Garrity played nearly as well as he has been all season, against PL opposition IMHO.

Rubbish. At least let them know they've had a game . No crunching tackles, no real fight from DC today, hopefully because we are in league not cup mode.

I love our owners but no card payment allowed, yet advertised, car park full at 1330 yet loads of free spaces, and turnstiles not open.. Anyone else would get <ovf censored>, hope we dont.

30 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Their quality showed all through the game, they'd always got a higher gear to go to.

Their ability to play on the break was impressive although it didn't help with Pett, the supposed defensive midfield player, out of position for their first 3 goals.  Garrity was awful again.

Worrall excellent again, dream debut for Harratt and great goal.

Garrity awful again? What we’re you watching? He’s not been awful once this season and was excellent today. Our comeback was all started by garrity pressuring they’re defenders and forcing them into errors. I know you want Taylor to play over him but come on

1 minute ago, CAVALIER said:

Rubbish. At least let them know they've had a game . No crunching tackles, no real fight from DC today, hopefully because we are in league not cup mode.

I love our owners but no card payment allowed, yet advertised, car park full at 1330 yet loads of free spaces, and turnstiles not open.. Anyone else would get <ovf censored>, hope we dont.

I think they did know they’ve had a game, 2nd half we battered them for 20/30 minutes. First half I agree, but it was much improved second half. 

Some of the moaning and groaning in the ground, coupled with some of the callers on Praise & Grumble was absolutely baffling. Did people genuinely turn up to the game today and expect Vale to dominate from the off? As Clarke rightly said in his post-match, we had to show respect to a classy attacking outfit or else, as we saw in their counter-attacks, they would have played through us from the off and it would have been game over in the first half. 

To go into the break just one goal behind, really set the precedent for the second half - a half which showed where we are as a football club. Until their 4th, we really did have them on the back foot and rattled. We were certainly unfortunate not to have scored a second. 

The score line 100% flattered Brentford, but you can’t begrudge how clinical and ruthless they were.

Nevertheless, it was great to see over 8,000 there. Credit to us Vale lot, we really got behind the boys in the second half. 

Harratt looked a real handful, alongside the reliable Politic - he never fails to amaze does Dennis, he simply has to be starting for us if we are to be successful. Where? I don’t know. 

Onto Swindon now. Let’s p*ss this tinpot league. 

Just watched the goals back and Harrett's header was much better than I thought. At the ground I thought it was a simple nod in but how he got round the defender and angled it into the corner was excellent. Real poachers goal. Actually reminded me in terms of technique to Pope's against Man City two years ago.

Great play by Deadly Dennis in the build up, really love him as a player. He makes things happen. The cheer he got when he came on tells you he's a real cult hero already.

Archived