onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Great atmosphere. Brentford fans letting things down a bit, they may as well have brought wax works. We have gotten better and have been on the up since the goal. A close one from Worrall. 

We're not at the races at all, poor all over the pitch

Advert

We're not going to out pass these or knock it about willy nilly....there has got to be a bit more devil about us and more directness I'm afraid to say. Unfortunately, we have got no-one to hold it up so it keeps coming back. What we can't do is lose it to some tippy tappy in our own half.

They are a good side, no bones about it, but we aren't really giving them a game at the moment are we?

It doesn't really matter now so let's give it a go second half and get some miles in the legs for the rest of the League programme.

Come on Vale!

Buzzing to a find a stream online for this one.

Not the worse first halves and I get we're playing a top side but some of the passing has been awful. Far too much back and sidewards passing. 

Whatever the outcome , a good day for vale fans and Carol. Football has been missed and its more money in the bank. 

Come on Vale, these are s##t. For old times sake 

Just now, Hoppers said:

I thought Tom Pett lost the ball first - premiership teams punish this kind of giveaways. Not moaning just saying there's 3 divisions between us

And you can tell....not a criticism. Yeah, it was Pett losing the ball needlessly. We are sometimes trying to play like them and we can't. Mind you as long as it stays 1-0 there's always hope! 

I think the options that players have on the ball are limited. We get the ball look up and are pressed quickly and there are 3 or 4 of their palyers cutting out our options, that isn’t by chance, that’s coached. We’ve given the ball away cheaply at times all over the pitch, but they are sharper, better on the ball and have better coaching which is to be expected. We are going to give the ball away against a team like this because we just don’t have the same movement and sharpness. Plus when we have 5 back it’s hard to get back up the pitch quickly to turn it into attack. I don’t think Martin nor gibbo have been that bad, martins kept the ball well which I guess is why he’s playing. Gibbos stuck to his task at the back well too. Hes gone to make a couple of runs behind and we’ve delayed too long in doing it quickly and the balls had to go backwards and that’s the difference between the sides, they are just better with the ball. Look what’s happened every time smiths got it, he isn’t comfortable on it at all. Our 3 midfielders have hardly got on the ball in there which is another reason why we’ve struggled to get things happening. I don’t think a month break has helped us either .

Archived