onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Advert

15 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Some good news is that when I went up vale earlier this morning there was quite a few people buying tickets for Saturday. The bad news is that I think the striker we have signed today Edmondson may have played in the fa cup for Fleetwood this season so maybe ineligible so unless Rodney or amoo are fit to play then we may have no available strikers still.

Still a steady queue when I picked up my 2 tickets an hour ago.

1 minute ago, Andy Proctor said:

Wilson is meant be back in training but doubt he is ready to play yet.

He will be as rusty as the others who havent played for a month maybe, hopefully hes in a position to give us 30 minutes or an hour ahead of Swindon to build up fitness.

Assume Proctor is still a while off (although its been 5-6 weeks since Walsall)

22 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

No tin hat required. Swindon game is much bigger!

No I do not agree at all .

When you have a cup run it creates excitement it also helps your league form and more importantly it puts unexpected money into the clubs hands money which can help with budgeting for  the league above for next year for example if we manage to get promoted .

Yes Swindons important every game is but if you have just beaten Brentford and draw say Tottenham at Tottenham for example it's like hitting the jackpot for a club like ours .

Massive game this if goes ahead in a way I am a bit sick of folk dissing this game v a team who have drawn 3-3 with Liverpool reached semi final of league Cup last season and quarters this and played some smashing football along there journey yes I know it wasn't the draw most of the moaning Minnie's on Wonder of Port Vale page wanted but we at home v a worthy Prem team .

So let's all pack the park and get behind the Valiants .

Anything is possible did John Rudge teams care who the opposition was No not at all a cup runs a godsend .

UTV 

Interesting that one of Brentford’s co-directors of football is leaving in order to take over Southampton.

I don’t know where he fits into all their recent success but I expect they’ve got structures in place and will be able to backfill his role.

3 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

No I do not agree at all .

When you have a cup run it creates excitement it also helps your league form and more importantly it puts unexpected money into the clubs hands money which can help with budgeting for  the league above for next year for example if we manage to get promoted .

Yes Swindons important every game is but if you have just beaten Brentford and draw say Tottenham at Tottenham for example it's like hitting the jackpot for a club like ours .

Massive game this if goes ahead in a way I am a bit sick of folk dissing this game v a team who have drawn 3-3 with Liverpool reached semi final of league Cup last season and quarters this and played some smashing football along there journey yes I know it wasn't the draw most of the moaning Minnie's on Wonder of Port Vale page wanted but we at home v a worthy Prem team .

So let's all pack the park and get behind the Valiants .

Anything is possible did John Rudge teams care who the opposition was No not at all a cup runs a godsend .

UTV 

Well said, Breadwinner! Rudgie would not have treated this game as a "distraction" - £84k for winning + increased gate receipts = a new player. Also, the potential of a big payout if we get through to the 4th round! Plus the confidence that beating a Prem team would give all say this is an important game for us

58 minutes ago, Santa said:

Interesting that one of Brentford’s co-directors of football is leaving in order to take over Southampton.

I don’t know where he fits into all their recent success but I expect they’ve got structures in place and will be able to backfill his role.

No doubt Carol if over Covid will have a long chat with their owner Benham and his system.

I’m not sure if the crowd will be as big as I originally thought. I’ve heard ppl saying they aren’t bothering in case it’s called off and they can’t make a midweek game or due to a back log of games, it doesn’t take place and they can’t get a refund. I’ve also heard ppl who have private boxes (which only include the 23 league games) are being charged £50 a ticket. Again they don’t know if they’ll be going as they think it’s unfair. Especially as they had season tickets last season and only got to watch in Ifollow. 

26 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not sure if the crowd will be as big as I originally thought. I’ve heard ppl saying they aren’t bothering in case it’s called off and they can’t make a midweek game or due to a back log of games, it doesn’t take place and they can’t get a refund. I’ve also heard ppl who have private boxes (which only include the 23 league games) are being charged £50 a ticket. Again they don’t know if they’ll be going as they think it’s unfair. Especially as they had season tickets last season and only got to watch in Ifollow. 

Hard to call, I’ve had to buy extra for some family members (big gamers) who want to sit together, plus I’ve spoken to a fair few casual fans who’ve bought, or are about to buy, tickets for this one.

Archived