onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Walter said:
3 hours ago, Santa said:
The game is on Paramount / 10 Play in Australia. In South Africa it’s on Supersport Football in English, or Maximo 360 with Portuguese commentary. It also looks like it’s on a site called Bilibili in China. 

Channel nonce

Walter, I know nothing about this channel, why are you calling it nonce channel

1 hour ago, Walter said:
3 hours ago, Santa said:
The game is on Paramount / 10 Play in Australia. In South Africa it’s on Supersport Football in English, or Maximo 360 with Portuguese commentary. It also looks like it’s on a site called Bilibili in China. 

Channel nonce

Can you get that on your fire stick mate?

Small crowd, unfortunately, assuming it goes ahead.  And we've not played for 4 weeks and they've just scraped past Villa.  They could well field a weaker side. 

I think for the Vale, put out the strongest side we can, without taking unnecessary risks with people coming back from injury.  Use it as a "getting match sharp" exercise for the next league game, where 3 points is far more important. 

Happy New Year, all and UTV! 

So wish we were going into this game with match fitness .

It's going take a lot of physical and mental strength win this game .

Looking forwards to it though .

Team heres mine injuries permitting .

COVALAN 

Cass Smith Johnson 

Worrall Pett Conlon Garrity Gibbons 

Amoo Rodney 

Think Amoo had a hamstring injury so his injury should be cleared up Rodney no idea what injury he picked up but he wasn't stretchered off so he should be OK play .

It's going be tough we need a great turnout from the casuals as I am sure the ones who went the first and second round ties (covid free )will be attending so thats minimum 5500 minimum  Vale then its how many Brentford are bringing .

Hoping for a 8k turnout at least and that's just Vale fans if not why not if you do not attend when a prem teams in town then when do you attend  

Be there and give it your all and let's see if we can miraculously get through with little to no match fitness .

My long weekend off these are the games we live for Port Vale taking 

on a side many many places above us in the footballing world .

We have nothing to lose and I expect us to play with  bravery and with intent. 

Anything is possible on our pudding off a pitch you know it and so do I 

UTV 

It is difficult to know how the attendance will be affected. There could be more there due to the football starvation we have had or there could be less with many covid stricken or isolating or mithered about getting it. I`m pretty sure it will go ahead as neither team wants further fixture congestion as the league is the priority to both sides.

I cant make this one as self isolating at the moment, but I'd be surprised if there were many more than 7k in attendance. On the pitch, I think that they will have too much for our patched up side, but getting a game into our players will be helpful for our league campaign, which is far more important.

2 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Small crowd, unfortunately, assuming it goes ahead.  And we've not played for 4 weeks and they've just scraped past Villa.  They could well field a weaker side. 

I think for the Vale, put out the strongest side we can, without taking unnecessary risks with people coming back from injury.  Use it as a "getting match sharp" exercise for the next league game, where 3 points is far more important. 

Happy New Year, all and UTV! 

Happy New year .

What makes you think its going be  a small crowd I've just being up get 3 tickets and they say they are selling very well think Lorne Street nearly full paddock is filling nicely and away tickets selling well .

Build the buzz its not like we playing Stevenage with 87 fans there  is it   .

If you cannot take risks in a big cup game which financially could bring in thousands if we get through and we could its 11 v 11 nothing more then when can you 

In most cases games are won and lost before a balls kicked .

Brentford could have 71 per cent possession but not find a way for a goal we could have a free kick 25 yards out a minute go Conlon steps wild scenes in the paddock as the ball hits the net then next round we draw a money 💰 big one kerching .

I think that may happen and if thousands more do then the crowds going be very vocal in there support of the Vale .

Believe 

UTV 

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Happy New year .

What makes you think its going be  a small crowd I've just being up get 3 tickets and they say they are selling very well think Lorne Street nearly full paddock is filling nicely and away tickets selling well .

Build the buzz its not like we playing Stevenage with 87 fans there  is it   .

If you cannot take risks in a big cup game which financially could bring in thousands if we get through and we could its 11 v 11 nothing more then when can you 

In most cases games are won and lost before a balls kicked .

Brentford could have 71 per cent possession but not find a way for a goal we could have a free kick 25 yards out a minute go Conlon steps wild scenes in the paddock as the ball hits the net then next round we draw a money 💰 big one kerching .

I think that may happen and if thousands more do then the crowds going be very vocal in there support of the Vale .

Believe 

UTV 

It's not that I don't believe, I do.  And I think we'll give them a good game.  My doubts on the crowd relate to Covid restrictions.  I'll be delighted to be proved wrong! 

Premiership survival is EVERYTHING to Brentford, (and who can blame them really) so although they are well placed the moment, they will know that injuries and suspension can weaken their team and send them on a downward spiral pretty quickly. Their squad depth isn't great, though even their reserves will be a big test.  This is a free hit - if we play out of our skins with fresh legs against a weakened team, we are in with a shout. If they pick a strong team and we are rusty, we will lose, but at least we will have given players "time on the grass", and since our priority is getting players fit for the forthcoming fixture pile up, that will be part of the job done. If I were DC, I would be fielding the best team we have got, telling them to go for it, and hoping none of our fit players get a knock. Whatever the result, there are positives for Vale. 

Does that make me a happy clapper???

clapping-hands_1f44f.png

Archived