Match Thread: FAC3 Port Vale v Brentford

Fosse69

Next game in the hoped for list, a New Year full of optimism. Seems we are coping with keeping our players healthy, hope Brentford do too. As Politic is cup-tied should keep him with us. Whether we will have any newcomers who are not cup-tied would it be fair to play them?

Advert:

Advert:

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He plays full strength sides in the FA Cup i think and if they play again this weekend then they will be match fit as they also played the other day i think,where we will have a bit of catching up to do on that score

Can see them making 8/9 changes next week especially if they play this weekend 

• Like 1

These are the games we live for a chance to put our mark on the footballing map (nothing we do in league 2 can get anywhere near the national exposure a big Fa Cup win does nobody remembers being 3-1 up v Sutton and losing 4-3 and why would they ).

Bring it on I'll be buying me ticket online today .

To say I'm excited is a under statement .

UTV 

I'm 50 I love the FA Cup. 

• Like 2

7  L2 teams left in at the 3rd Round  where the big teams come in. Chances of beating one similar to a promotion season? About every 10 years or is that the chance of playing  one?  The games  that stand out in the memory.  You could say seeing the Vale play is only a memory with all the postponements.

Advert:

29 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Bees have signed a new keeper. They’re clearly worried.

Lossl from Midtjylland, ex Huddersfield and Everton. maybe Danish has info on him?

Likely to play with 2 keepers injured.

Am I right in thinking if this game is P-P the team that calls it off forfeits? Vaguely remember Orient or someone having to do it last season against Spurs? Assume Brentford would just send their kids if they had to.

18 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Am I right in thinking if this game is P-P the team that calls it off forfeits? Vaguely remember Orient or someone having to do it last season against Spurs? Assume Brentford would just send their kids if they had to.

now thats an interesting theory!😏:drunk::drink:

Advert:

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Lossl from Midtjylland, ex Huddersfield and Everton. maybe Danish has info on him?

Raya is injured. Fernández has been carrying an injury but playing through it. Løssl will be the keeper for PL matches so it will be interesting to see if he plays this one for match fitness. Brentford had been making wholesale changes in cup games earlier in the season. 

3 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Rumour from their end is they need backup in case their regular keeper suffers a repetitive strain injury to his back after 45 minutes of picking the ball out of his net due to the deadly finishing of our 2, as yet unannounced, new strikers. 🔥

(If I’m allowed just one wish this year then please let this be true 🙏🏻)

• Like 2

Rumour from their end is they need backup in case their regular keeper suffers a repetitive strain injury to his back after 45 minutes of picking the ball out of his net due to the deadly finishing of our 2, as yet unannounced, new strikers.
(If I’m allowed just one wish this year then please let this be true )
Fingers crossed the rumoured players are not cup tied then.