Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

They’re taking advantage of the system here. Only a couple of players out with Covid. Game shouldn’t be cancelled 

We probably did the same against Salford or Exeter.

We were all for getting our games postponed to help with getting players back from injury. We can’t have it both ways I guess.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

I’m so beyond frustrated, I’ve moved to actual anger 🤬

We’re being pissed on, given two fingers up, game after game after game.

The EFL needs to change the rules, and fast! Make clubs play, no matter what lame excuses they have. 
People are losing hard earned money, wasting time arranging travel and allsorts. The clubs and the EFL are having a laugh pissing on the fans. 

Exactly this. Your own loss and inconvenience. 

Read above that Jacko is already there and a good friend of mine had 3 nights after Rochdale,  29th,30th,31st booked in a hotel for a mini break taking in Rochdale and Harrogate. 

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Read above that Jacko is already there and a good friend of mine had 3 nights after Rochdale,  29th,30th,31st booked in a hotel for a mini break taking in Rochdale and Harrogate. 

Make it so a club can’t cancel more than 3 days in advance. Cancelling the day before or on the actual day like Villa did, is just treating the fans like utter crap!

And clubs should stop saying ‘sorry’ or ‘apologise’. You can’t piss on someone and apologising or saying sorry, somehow magically makes it okay.

They need to understand people are losing actual hard earned money, and are getting increasingly angry and frustrated, and rightfully so!

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 1

Advert:

I presume Harrogate will have to foot the bill for the vale players and management team that were already in the hotel at Harrogate as Clarke said they were doing a stop over. 

Also lots of fans have lost money through paying for hotels to stay up there and now can't go the match as it's off. I will go up vale next week get my money back on my ticket as I won't be able go when it's rearranged. I also don't think I will bother with any away games now whilst there getting called off all the time. I don't want keep paying for tickets and coach travel just for it to be called off the day before.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I cancelled my hotel this morning otherwise if would've been nearly £150 down the Swanee as I couldn't go anyway.  Very pleased that I had too as the cut off for cancellation was 10am.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I presume Harrogate will have to foot the bill for the vale players and management team that were already in the hotel at Harrogate as Clarke said they were doing a stop over. 

Also lots of fans have lost money through paying for hotels to stay up there and now can't go the match as it's off. I will go up vale next week get my money back on my ticket as I won't be able go when it's rearranged. I also don't think I will bother with any away games now whilst there getting called off all the time. I don't want keep paying for tickets and coach travel just for it to be called off the day before.

This! 
The clubs have absolutely ZERO regard for the fans! No communication beyond ‘sorry’ or ‘we apologise’. What the hell are we supposed to do with that, having just been forced to flush 300 quid down the drain. They’re treating us like crap, and we are just forced to take it.

• Like 2

Injuries and players isolating because they aren’t vaccinated is the main cause of the postponements, throw in a couple of covid cases and it takes the squad below the limit of 14, that’s why the EFL are telling teams to recall players from loan spells. But it doesn’t seem to have made much difference today. Frustrating. The team hadn’t travelled yet, however there could be some costs incurred for teams booking hotels and having to cancel them so close to the match. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

This is the most serious of the cancellations as we will lack serious match sharpness against Brentford. Shame. I felt one match would have been perfect prep. Still, we will surely get over 10k for Bradford with all our match starved fans? 

I doubt our capacity is that high at the moment. 10k fans and we have to produce covid passes and negative tests. 

Advert:

28 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Off off off going into our biggest game of the season v Brentford with no match fitness .

Unbelievable 

Happy New year all 

UTV 

Somehow I doubt Brentford is our biggest game of the Season. 🤣.

Infact I wouldn't even risk players like Wilson. These games off have been a big plus for us.

Now we have a decent 2 week break before the next important game to get a Striker and Defender in.

So what is the solution to this problem.A lot of players refusing to have the jab's

(can't be made to have the jab it's their choice)

A lot of players getting Covid

(Possibly because they havn't had the jab's)

Should the EFL do more

(what can the EFL really do)?

Would it be fair to end the season?

(what about promotion / relegation)

Edited by melv