Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I expect that people should try not passing it on to other people who make an effort to get rid of it. Speaking as someone whose extended family has just had a 6 year old, and his mum...an NHS frontliner now...having to isolate for 10 days - Hospital policy; and a teenager from the same extended family getting it - anyone can catch it and it affects people with different severity! It's not "basically a cold" at all, like the first strains weren't "just the flu"! Start advocating mandatory vaccinations and you get people bleating about their Human Rights...and throwing the name "Nazis" around - which is a level of disgusting by itself! Or you get loons like Piers Corbyn proving there really is "one rule for them, another for the rest of us!"  

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

23 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Assuming the match is on, anyone any idea on where to park nearby, looking on the Football League Guide, very little in the way of parking available.

The ground is on the way into the town . There’s a retail park with a Sainsbury’s nearby and a pub across the road. We’ve only gone to it in a cab from the town centre which is a decent hike

20 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

This game might actually be on as both games called off tonight from vale and Harrogate were called off by the opposition meaning both vale and Harrogate must have enough players as it currently stands to play.

Doesn't mean that much. The team that calls it off has to pay a financial penalty to the FL. Clubs are waiting until the last minute to see if the other side calls it off 1st to avoid the fine. Think Carol spoke about this on the radio last week.

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Doesn't mean that much. The team that calls it off has to pay a financial penalty to the FL. Clubs are waiting until the last minute to see if the other side calls it off 1st to avoid the fine. Think Carol spoke about this on the radio last week.

Those EFL rules are a joke! The more layers that gets uncovered, I’m even more in disbelief that it’s actually for real

Edited by Danish Valiant
  • Like 3

If this game is called off an rearranged it may have the advantage of allowing a stronger team to be played. Of course that is a dysfunctional wish in terms of the interests of fans as a postponed game would likely be rearranged midweek. it would cost Harrogate loss of revenue from a smaller attendance as well.

Advert:

17 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Is this game all ticket for away fans or can you rock up and pay on the day?🤔

The original news item from Vale said tickets on sale till today then that's it, with none on sale on the day.  I think their limited capacity will be a worry here as the whole place only houses 4K, with I think 850 visitors.  In a nutshell in theory anyone going as an away fan already has a ticket

19 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

The original news item from Vale said tickets on sale till today then that's it, with none on sale on the day.  I think their limited capacity will be a worry here as the whole place only houses 4K, with I think 850 visitors.  In a nutshell in theory anyone going as an away fan already has a ticket

The allocation was only 600

Because of all the uncertainty I've no idea how many we sold 

4 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Those EFL rules are a joke! The more layers that gets uncovered, I’m even more in disbelief that it’s actually for real

Throw the Premier league in the same category.  You had a manager the other day bemoaning losing arguably his best two players through injury and lo and behold next game was off due to Covid/ injuries.  

Strange that all of these clubs enter teams in the Pizza cup yet still claim to be unable to field a team. It's absolutely ridiculous and jumping on the bandwagon to suit.

And don't get me wrong Vale have benefitted massively with 3 successive cancellations.  

Can’t pay on the gate but you can buy from the club shop (in the town centre, about 1.5 miles away from the ground) up to midday on Saturday.

They also say you can buy tickets online but nobody seems to be able to get it to work.

Advert:

6 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

They must be reading your post, the EFL will no longer ask clubs to test on the day of the match. BBC Sport

29 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

They must be reading your post, the EFL will no longer ask clubs to test on the day of the match. BBC Sport

Haha, finally a slight bit of common sense prevails!
The amount of testing is excessive as it is, testing every single day. And they need to have a look at the isolation rules as well.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Throw the Premier league in the same category.  You had a manager the other day bemoaning losing arguably his best two players through injury and lo and behold next game was off due to Covid/ injuries.  

Strange that all of these clubs enter teams in the Pizza cup yet still claim to be unable to field a team. It's absolutely ridiculous and jumping on the bandwagon to suit.

And don't get me wrong Vale have benefitted massively with 3 successive cancellations.  

Tuchel as well. He moans that he had SO many players out, but still has to play. But his bench had world class players, that would literally stroll into any other team in the PL. If you can afford to have Kante, Alonso, Havertz, Barkley and Chabaloah start on the bench, you're not struggling mate.
And Guardiola has been on and on and on about the 5 subs, yet makes 0 subs against Brentford. Go figure... 

Edited by Danish Valiant