onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Off off off going into our biggest game of the season v Brentford with no match fitness .

Unbelievable 

Happy New year all 

UTV 

You're assuming, of course, that Vale and/or Brentford don't have Covid cases before next Saturday. 

Oh well. UTV anyway.

3 hours ago, FriedRice said:

Season will be finishing in August get a week off start new season at this rate. slightly off topic Newcastle postponed again a cynical person would think they were practicing the dark arts so they can splash the cash and get the players ready for the relegation fight

Newcastle are one of only four Premier teams who played all of their first 19 games up to 27 December without postponements.  For their game against Manure on Monday they only had 8 subs instead of 9, 2 of them were keepers and 2 were youth teamers.  They then got 3 injuries in the match.  I think you're being a bit harsh!

What do people complaining expect the clubs to do. They are restricted to small squads and there is a global pandemic going on. Rules state that they have to test players. They can't call the games off early as they have to get permission from the efl.

It is a shame that people have lost money on hotels etc, which they can still go and stay in. There is currently much worse going on all over the world.

2 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Somehow I doubt Brentford is our biggest game of the Season. 🤣.

Infact I wouldn't even risk players like Wilson. These games off have been a big plus for us.

Now we have a decent 2 week break before the next important game to get a Striker and Defender in.

To me the  fa Cup is where you get the floaters to come more frequently make no mistake about it is if we manage get through its the biggest game of the season to you league is  priority I guess no problem to me that  the F .A cup along  with the promotions and Autoglass and Ldv wins are the good things I recall of following Vale frequently over a good 30 years .

Come next Sat I will be bang up for it its a massive game the problem with the mentality of our whole football club has being one which is and has being accepting of mediocrity my lads 20 he as only seen one promotion he as never seen us play Stoke City (under 23s that's all he said to me yesterday he is so used to Vale under achieving that he goes the games but very rarely gets excited about the performances because there is generally a crap one coming soon this season being OK generally but lets  not carried away we have achieved nothing up to yet so if I want a big performance next Sat for the younger ones not so much for me I've seen Vale play Everton off the pitch 2-1 win should have being 10 so do not  try and dampen my enthusiasm for cup games .

It's a big game it puts us on the map but now with not playing for weeks it was hard anyway now its 100 times harder look at Stokes general level of performance last night going by work colleagues accounts they were horrific is that because of  lack  of match sharpness of cause it is .

UTV 

2 hours ago, melv said:

So what is the solution to this problem.A lot of players refusing to have the jab's

(can't be made to have the jab it's their choice)

A lot of players getting Covid

(Possibly because they havn't had the jab's)

But having a jab doesn’t stop you getting Covid-19 so I don’t think this is the reason we are getting postponements. I think it is more to do with the smaller squad sizes in L2.

3 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Somehow I doubt Brentford is our biggest game of the Season. 🤣.

Infact I wouldn't even risk players like Wilson. These games off have been a big plus for us.

Now we have a decent 2 week break before the next important game to get a Striker and Defender in.

It is easily our biggest game of the season. Playing against a premier league team in a earned FA Cup third round tie for the first time since god only knows, is a once in a decade occasion based on recent history. 

Best bit is…we really have a chance. We are a better team than the Man City game and if we put in a similar effort level we could easily sneak a 1-0 win. 

No league 2 match matters anywhere near as much in itself. 

16 hours ago, Heatwave said:

You're assuming, of course, that Vale and/or Brentford don't have Covid cases before next Saturday. 

Oh well. UTV anyway.

Let's hope that's the case booked the Fri off so got 3 off next weekend so desperate for it be ON the only problem Vale have as that we have not played a competitive game since 11th Dec so its a good 27 days that we haven't played (not good they will need time to build up match sharpness ).

So having yet more games off is a bit of a downer but you would think that they would be able run harder as they should have lots give on the game of the  day ,I want them crawl off the pitch because they have given so much .

UTV 

17 hours ago, melv said:

So what is the solution to this problem.A lot of players refusing to have the jab's

(can't be made to have the jab it's their choice)

A lot of players getting Covid

(Possibly because they havn't had the jab's)

Should the EFL do more

(what can the EFL really do)?

Would it be fair to end the season?

(what about promotion / relegation)

I can fully understand why some clubs are seriously thinking or taking the stance when recruiting players that are not vaccinated in the future I.e. not signing them. We all know that the vaccination doesn't stop you from getting the dreaded C, however if unvaccinated and you come into contact with somebody who is then regardless of any test you still have to isolate for 10 days. It's called looking after the interest of the club. It's a right mucking fuddly.

18 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

What do people complaining expect the clubs to do. They are restricted to small squads and there is a global pandemic going on. Rules state that they have to test players. They can't call the games off early as they have to get permission from the efl.

It is a shame that people have lost money on hotels etc, which they can still go and stay in. There is currently much worse going on all over the world.

That's why I'm saying, they need to change the rules. 
Make it so, that clubs can't postpone less than 48 hours before kickoff. Otherwise they'll get a fine of say 50k or 100k. Then you'd see clubs, magically having less injuries than now, believe you me! Injuries are the easiest thing to make up, as I don't expect the EFL to send out their own pshysio or doctor to check. So if a club has 1 or 2 very important players out with a positive test, the easiest thing to do, is have 2 or 3 players suddenly have minor injuries, making them unplayable. No one checks anyway. 
The amount of injuries every single clubs seems to have, is ridiculous! If the numbers they give are actually true, then it's amazing they manage to get a team on the field at any point of the season... 

Archived