onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Those EFL rules are a joke! The more layers that gets uncovered, I’m even more in disbelief that it’s actually for real

Throw the Premier league in the same category.  You had a manager the other day bemoaning losing arguably his best two players through injury and lo and behold next game was off due to Covid/ injuries.  

Strange that all of these clubs enter teams in the Pizza cup yet still claim to be unable to field a team. It's absolutely ridiculous and jumping on the bandwagon to suit.

And don't get me wrong Vale have benefitted massively with 3 successive cancellations.  

Advert

6 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Those EFL rules are a joke! The more layers that gets uncovered, I’m even more in disbelief that it’s actually for real

They must be reading your post, the EFL will no longer ask clubs to test on the day of the match. BBC Sport

29 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

They must be reading your post, the EFL will no longer ask clubs to test on the day of the match. BBC Sport

Haha, finally a slight bit of common sense prevails!
The amount of testing is excessive as it is, testing every single day. And they need to have a look at the isolation rules as well.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Throw the Premier league in the same category.  You had a manager the other day bemoaning losing arguably his best two players through injury and lo and behold next game was off due to Covid/ injuries.  

Strange that all of these clubs enter teams in the Pizza cup yet still claim to be unable to field a team. It's absolutely ridiculous and jumping on the bandwagon to suit.

And don't get me wrong Vale have benefitted massively with 3 successive cancellations.  

Tuchel as well. He moans that he had SO many players out, but still has to play. But his bench had world class players, that would literally stroll into any other team in the PL. If you can afford to have Kante, Alonso, Havertz, Barkley and Chabaloah start on the bench, you're not struggling mate.
And Guardiola has been on and on and on about the 5 subs, yet makes 0 subs against Brentford. Go figure... 

50 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

A shame that there are unsold tickets but as of 2pm today they will remain so. I am sure we would have sold out now it looks like the game will take place.

We’ll sell more.  Plenty of fans I know, myself included, leaving it as late as possible to see if the game survives with a view to going up early for a few drinks and buying tickets whilst in town.

2 hours ago, Santa said:

Can’t pay on the gate but you can buy from the club shop (in the town centre, about 1.5 miles away from the ground) up to midday on Saturday.

They also say you can buy tickets online but nobody seems to be able to get it to work.

Seems strange I can buy tickets online for anywhere in the ground except the away areas, where is the logic in that? 🙄

11 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

We’ll sell more.  Plenty of fans I know, myself included, leaving it as late as possible to see if the game survives with a view to going up early for a few drinks and buying tickets whilst in town.

I don’t want you or anyone else to get caught out unexpectedly by the daft rules so just to confirm, no more away tickets can be sold. They were Vale’s to sell and they stopped yesterday afternoon, you can’t collect at Harrogate on the day. You’d have to get tickets for the home end mate.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I guess its a positive that DC has done a press interview for the game,now will we see a new face(who could be training with us now) or is it to soon and it will be next week now.

Karl, if anyone was to sign tomorrow ( Jan 1st) they could not play. Rules state that a player signed needs to be registered the day before to be able to play.

Archived