onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Harrogate Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

12 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Do you really think they call them off  just to piss off the fans?

The way they do it, and the excesive reason why, is two fingers up!

Isolate the infected player, absolutely. But the unvaccinated having to isolate for ages as well, is just crazy. If they test negative on day 2, let them out! 
Our first game was cancelled due to ONE positive, but TEN having to isolate as well.
Especially now that Omicron is so dominant, which is basically a cold. 

Also tell me, how the NL had only 4 games cancelled yesterday, but L2 only have 2 games on tonight. How on earth is that logical in any way, shape or form? The NL’s rules, are way more rational than the EFL’s. 

Advert

1 minute ago, Danish Valiant said:

...Especially now that Omicron is so dominant, which is basically a cold. 

That attitude is part of the problem! Try telling those in ICUs begging to have the vaccine that they've just got a cold! I'm just Tweeting to a friend whose been ill for a week over Christmas and is only now starting to get her breath properly! It's not a joke and maybe if people stopped treating it like one we might start to clear it up?

3 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

That attitude is part of the problem! Try telling those in ICUs begging to have the vaccine that they've just got a cold! I'm just Tweeting to a friend whose been ill for a week over Christmas and is only now starting to get her breath properly! It's not a joke and maybe if people stopped treating it like one we might start to clear it up?

You answered it yourself. If you don’t get the vaccine, what do you expect???

I don’t think it’s a joke, I’m triple jabbed, wear a mask and all the other crap. But we have to learn to live with it, as it isn’t going away any time soon. We can’t keep cancelling everything and go into lockdown, as we have done again here in Denmark before Christmas, every winter from here to eternity. Peoples mental health, including mine, is suffering BIG time. But absolutely nobody cares about that! I’m okay, for now, but if it’s the same next year, I really truely don’t know!

I expect that people should try not passing it on to other people who make an effort to get rid of it. Speaking as someone whose extended family has just had a 6 year old, and his mum...an NHS frontliner now...having to isolate for 10 days - Hospital policy; and a teenager from the same extended family getting it - anyone can catch it and it affects people with different severity! It's not "basically a cold" at all, like the first strains weren't "just the flu"! Start advocating mandatory vaccinations and you get people bleating about their Human Rights...and throwing the name "Nazis" around - which is a level of disgusting by itself! Or you get loons like Piers Corbyn proving there really is "one rule for them, another for the rest of us!"  

23 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Assuming the match is on, anyone any idea on where to park nearby, looking on the Football League Guide, very little in the way of parking available.

The ground is on the way into the town . There’s a retail park with a Sainsbury’s nearby and a pub across the road. We’ve only gone to it in a cab from the town centre which is a decent hike

20 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

This game might actually be on as both games called off tonight from vale and Harrogate were called off by the opposition meaning both vale and Harrogate must have enough players as it currently stands to play.

Doesn't mean that much. The team that calls it off has to pay a financial penalty to the FL. Clubs are waiting until the last minute to see if the other side calls it off 1st to avoid the fine. Think Carol spoke about this on the radio last week.

3 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Doesn't mean that much. The team that calls it off has to pay a financial penalty to the FL. Clubs are waiting until the last minute to see if the other side calls it off 1st to avoid the fine. Think Carol spoke about this on the radio last week.

Those EFL rules are a joke! The more layers that gets uncovered, I’m even more in disbelief that it’s actually for real

If this game is called off an rearranged it may have the advantage of allowing a stronger team to be played. Of course that is a dysfunctional wish in terms of the interests of fans as a postponed game would likely be rearranged midweek. it would cost Harrogate loss of revenue from a smaller attendance as well.

17 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Is this game all ticket for away fans or can you rock up and pay on the day?🤔

The original news item from Vale said tickets on sale till today then that's it, with none on sale on the day.  I think their limited capacity will be a worry here as the whole place only houses 4K, with I think 850 visitors.  In a nutshell in theory anyone going as an away fan already has a ticket

19 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

The original news item from Vale said tickets on sale till today then that's it, with none on sale on the day.  I think their limited capacity will be a worry here as the whole place only houses 4K, with I think 850 visitors.  In a nutshell in theory anyone going as an away fan already has a ticket

The allocation was only 600

Because of all the uncertainty I've no idea how many we sold 

Archived